Was my lawyer actually a feminist?

Old December 4th 06, 05:44 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Was my lawyer actually a feminist?

My child support case was sabotaged from within. I won't get into
specifics. I want to know if there is a way to determine if my lawyer
(A female) is a feminist and promotes feminist agendas.

Thoughts?

Old December 4th 06, 06:35 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

"R" wrote in message
ups.com...
My child support case was sabotaged from within. I won't get into
specifics. I want to know if there is a way to determine if my lawyer
(A female) is a feminist and promotes feminist agendas.

Thoughts?

Truth is, there is no defence in a CS support case, so any defence lawyer is
useless.
All you can do is try to pay the amount of money they want!

Old December 4th 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.child-support
Mr. Anonymous

You allowed a female attorney to represent you?

ups.com...

--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention
Old December 6th 06, 04:43 AM posted to alt.child-support
Henry

"R" wrote in news:1165254244.501129.98010
@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

My child support case was sabotaged from within. I won't get into
specifics. I want to know if there is a way to determine if my lawyer
(A female) is a feminist and promotes feminist agendas.

Thoughts?

If you do find out how, let me know. I am currently in the middle of a CS
trial, and am getting a bad vibe about my lawyer (who is female). I'll see
what happens as the trial progresses.

As to why I picked a female lawyer... sometimes the strategy of showing you
can work with a female might influence the judge. And sometimes not. To me
it also softens my look in court. It's all about smoke and mirrors anyway.

H.
Old December 6th 06, 06:14 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

"Henry" wrote in

If you do find out how, let me know. I am currently in the middle of a CS
trial, and am getting a bad vibe about my lawyer (who is female). I'll see
what happens as the trial progresses.

As to why I picked a female lawyer... sometimes the strategy of showing
you
can work with a female might influence the judge. And sometimes not. To me
it also softens my look in court. It's all about smoke and mirrors anyway.

What's your defence strategy or arguements she is contesting for you?

Old December 6th 06, 11:42 AM posted to alt.child-support
Henry

"Dale" wrote in
et:

"Henry" wrote in

If you do find out how, let me know. I am currently in the middle of
a CS trial, and am getting a bad vibe about my lawyer (who is
female). I'll see what happens as the trial progresses.

As to why I picked a female lawyer... sometimes the strategy of
showing you
can work with a female might influence the judge. And sometimes not.
To me it also softens my look in court. It's all about smoke and
mirrors anyway.

What's your defence strategy or arguements she is contesting for you?

I am actually taking my ex to court. We have 50-50 of our child and in
Canada, I have to petition the court to "win" any type of child support
adjustment less than the full table amount. So I may end up paying the
full table amount (with 50-50 access) or somewhere between the set off
amount (what I would pay her minus what she would pay me) and full
table. Usually it is close to the full table regardless of access or
facts (thanks for nothing). Yah see, in Canada there is no firm rule as
to what to do in 50-50 regarding CS. Most people simply do the set off .
That would make too much sense. The ex wants the full amount. I want a
reduction. If you turn to the Canadian Child Support Guidelines on 50-50
the rules state that I must prove my expenses, show a need for reduction
and prove her fixed costs have gone away. I don't expect much
adjustment.

I would like to point out, that the ex, upon receiving full
anaccountable child support had to do NOTHING to be awarded this. No
budgets. No expenses. Simply a court order for the full table amount.
Unreal.

Oh, the cherry on top of the cake, she will also be able to deduct her
legal fees for this trial since deductions for increasing or maintaining
support are allowed (but for for trying to decrease and certainly not
for access or custody court fees).

Yes, I am a little ****ed off. What a waste of time and money (lots of
money). It never ends.

H.
Old December 6th 06, 02:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
Phil

"Henry" wrote in message
[...]

I first hired a female attorney but she was so completely inept and
money-hungry, I fired her and hired what was supposed to be a 'good'
attorney (Oxymoron). He kept telling me during our frequent meetings,
how much better off "we'd" be when we got before the judge; that my ex's
attorney was asking too much. The day the case was to be heard, he
arrived 5 minutes late (aren't they always?) and advised me to just sign
my ex's petition, that this is the best "we" can hope to gain; that if
it went before the judge, that he'd award her everything and more...
except there was nothing left or so I thought. It suddenly became clear
that he was just stretching out the billable hours to use up the
retainer so I also lost my respect for the entire legal community and
since joining in here, have come to realize that lawyers are a scourge;
a plague; a self-replicating virus that wantonly kills, maims and
especially plunders.
Phil #3

--
whenever the legislators endeavour to take away, and destroy the
property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary

Old December 6th 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

"Phil" wrote in

how much better off "we'd" be when we got before the judge; that my ex's
attorney was asking too much. The day the case was to be heard, he arrived
5 minutes late (aren't they always?) and advised me to just sign my ex's
petition, that this is the best "we" can hope to gain; that if it went
before the judge, that he'd award her everything and more... except there
was nothing left or so I thought.

That was the exact story I was given!

Just sign here and agree to everything they want.
What did I just pay $2400 for?

It suddenly became clear
that he was just stretching out the billable hours to use up the retainer
so I also lost my respect for the entire legal community and since joining
in here, have come to realize that lawyers are a scourge; a plague; a
self-replicating virus that wantonly kills, maims and especially plunders.

The legal profession is just like any other business, they are there to make
money!
CS is a great market for them, plenty of fish with no real work involved.

Old December 6th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dale

"Henry" wrote in

I would like to point out, that the ex, upon receiving full
anaccountable child support had to do NOTHING to be awarded this. No
budgets. No expenses. Simply a court order for the full table amount.
Unreal.

True, but no real bearing in your court case as the laws are setup in her
favour.

That's why all these woman's groups are dead against shared parenting laws
because it guarantee's time for the father and recognizes expenses that will
reduce his CS payments. The mother may have fixed costs, but don't we all?

Old December 6th 06, 09:35 PM posted to alt.child-support
Phil

"Dale" wrote in message
. net...

"Phil" wrote in

how much better off "we'd" be when we got before the judge; that my
ex's attorney was asking too much. The day the case was to be heard,
he arrived 5 minutes late (aren't they always?) and advised me to
just sign my ex's petition, that this is the best "we" can hope to
gain; that if it went before the judge, that he'd award her
everything and more... except there was nothing left or so I thought.

That was the exact story I was given!

Just sign here and agree to everything they want.
What did I just pay $2400 for?

For the company of a pro. Prostitution is cheaper... and a damn
sight more honest.
I know you and I are not the only ones but thanks for the verification.

It suddenly became clear
that he was just stretching out the billable hours to use up the
retainer so I also lost my respect for the entire legal community and
since joining in here, have come to realize that lawyers are a
scourge; a plague; a self-replicating virus that wantonly kills,
maims and especially plunders.

The legal profession is just like any other business, they are there
to make money!
CS is a great market for them, plenty of fish with no real work
involved.

Oh, don't forget they also frequently get themselves elected to state
legislatures where they write the laws that guarantee their blood money
or that judges are also lawyers.
Phil #3