Having contractions (sad story ment)

Old March 1st 04, 05:38 AM
Emily

Default Having contractions (sad story ment)

Hi folks,

I've been having fairly regular, though not very strong, contractions
since about 4pm today. We actually went in to the hospital to get
check, but while my cervix is soft and anterior, it's not effaced,
and about 1cm dialated (I think only if she puts her finger in).

I'm glad we went in though -- I don't have a good bench mark for what
this is going to be like, because last time I was induced (because
my water broke and labor didn't start on its own), so the contrax
were pretty heinous. Also, my uterus is obviously much smaller this
time around, and I probably only need to get to about 5cm, not 10.

For a little while I hoped that I might actually deliver today,
so that the actual anniversary would only come once every 4 years,
but that's not to be. Also, I think if it were today, it would
technically be a miscarriage -- starting tomorrow it would be
stillbirth (the term seems to change at 20 weeks).

I am glad that things seem to be getting going on their own.
That takes some of the uncertainty out of the decision. Unless
things really get going overnight, we'll be going to an appointment
tomorrow during which they're going to put something (apparently
made out of seaweed???) in to dialate me.

I'm also actually in a strangely peaceful & optimistic mood.
I think it's probably oxytocin doing its thing in my brain...

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02
#2 EDD 7/19/04
Old March 1st 04, 06:01 AM
Jamie Clark

Emily,
Hugs honey. I hope this goes as well as can be expected. If things don't
really get going, they'll put in laminaria, the seaweed sticks to help
dilate your cervix. I'll warn you ahead of time -- I found the insertion of
those to be very very painful. Perhaps take some motrin or advil 30 minutes
before hand.

Hugs my friend.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest1
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old March 1st 04, 06:07 AM
Emily

Jamie Clark wrote:

Emily,
Hugs honey. I hope this goes as well as can be expected. If things don't
really get going, they'll put in laminaria, the seaweed sticks to help
dilate your cervix. I'll warn you ahead of time -- I found the insertion of
those to be very very painful. Perhaps take some motrin or advil 30 minutes
before hand.

Hugs my friend.

Thanks for the heads up and the hugs -- and confirming that
it is indeed seaweed. DH and I keep wondering if we heard right!
Things are still continuing as before, so I suspect it will be
laminaria for me tomorrow am. Time to try to get a good
night's sleep.

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02
#2 EDD 7/19/04
Old March 1st 04, 06:40 AM
Simone

Emily wrote in news:e%z0c.7558$ko6.181204@attbi_s02:

Hi folks,

snip

Hi Emily,
I'm sending yoy good luck, lots of strength and lots of love
--
Simone
Mom of Ruben Raymond Rocco 08 march 2001
Old March 1st 04, 08:39 AM
Amy

((((((Emily))))))
I did have the awful thought a few days ago that the best day to lose a baby
(as if there is ever a right time) would be February 29th :-( But the
anniversaries, while hard, are important times to remember.
Wishing you peace & strength...

#2 EDD 7/19/04

Old March 1st 04, 08:47 AM
Buzzy Bee

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:38:19 GMT, Emily wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Hi folks,

I've been having fairly regular, though not very strong, contractions
since about 4pm today. We actually went in to the hospital to get
check, but while my cervix is soft and anterior, it's not effaced,
and about 1cm dialated (I think only if she puts her finger in).

I'll be thinking of you today Emily.

Look after yourselves.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old March 1st 04, 09:52 AM
Linz

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 05:38:19 GMT, Emily wrote:

I'm also actually in a strangely peaceful & optimistic mood.
I think it's probably oxytocin doing its thing in my brain...

Thinking of you and wishing you strength.
--
Linz
YB: 4 months, 15lbs 14oz
Old March 1st 04, 09:58 AM
Donna

"Emily" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I've been having fairly regular, though not very strong, contractions
since about 4pm today. We actually went in to the hospital to get
check, but while my cervix is soft and anterior, it's not effaced,
and about 1cm dialated (I think only if she puts her finger in).

Emily, I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you. I really hope
today is as ok as it can be for you.

With sympathy,

Donna

Old March 1st 04, 11:57 AM
Carol Ann

:: I'm also actually in a strangely peaceful & optimistic mood.
:: I think it's probably oxytocin doing its thing in my brain...
::
:: --
:: Emily
:: mom to Toby 5/1/02
:: #2 EDD 7/19/04

(((((((((((Emily)))))))))))))))

~Carol Ann

Old March 1st 04, 03:21 PM
Emily

Thanks everyone. The contractions let up overnight, but now
I'm having more bleeding that before (mixed with lots of mucus --
this whole process is so gross!). My first appointment is in
an hour and a half. I guess we'll see where things are, and if
these developments have any implications for the course of the
intervention.

Amy -- you're right that anniversaries are important, and it's
for the better that it won't be 2/29. Besides, that's such a fun
day, it's nice to keep it free for some other anniversary! (And
were also clear of any other important dates in my family. My
mother's birthday is coming up, but I'm sure to have delivered
by then.)

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02