Are we poisoning our kids?

Old May 8th 04, 09:34 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004

Default Are we poisoning our kids?

"John Doe" wrote in message
.. .
"Jeff" wrote
"Deanna" wrote in message

This is ridiculous. I refuse to go back and forth with someone that
can't argue points in a civilized manner. I am not attacking you, yet
you feel the need to attack me over and over.

In other words, Deanna can't back up his claims.

And bringing the drivel to an end disturbs you.

Nope. Ending drivel about a serious matter IS important.

Old May 8th 04, 09:36 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...
John Doe wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote
"Deanna" wrote in message

This is ridiculous. I refuse to go back and forth with someone that
can't argue points in a civilized manner. I am not attacking you, yet
you feel the need to attack me over and over.

In other words, Deanna can't back up his claims.

And bringing the drivel to an end disturbs you.

Jeff

Here's some more info to back up what I have been saying.
www.newideas.net/attention_deficit/neurology.htm

Actually, what you posted is properly called "saleshype".

Old May 8th 04, 09:38 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004

"CBI" wrote in message
ink.net...
Deanna wrote:

Here's some more info to back up what I have been saying.
www.newideas.net/attention_deficit/neurology.htm

What part of that site do you think supports things you have
said?

The sales pitch which supports the sale of a supplement.

I did notice where it says, "According to Harvard Medical
School, current research strongly suggests that Attention
Deficit Disorder - ADD ADHD is caused in part by a
deficiency of Norepinephrine in the ascending reticular
activating system, and it is thought that the stimulant
medications, such as Ritalin, increase the levels of
Norepinephrine in that part of the brain, as well as
probably increasing dopamine levels in the frontal lobes." -
which seems to contradict your comments about which
neurotransitters are involved.

I also do feel that i should point out that while I think it
is over-all a good site that the guy is a little more
enthusiastic about constroversial science than I think is
appropriate. But that it just me.

Me too, especially when they go directly to selling a supplement that has
not undergone rigorous trials. Sort of raises my suspicions just a bit.

Old May 8th 04, 10:24 PM
CBI

M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004 wrote:

Me too, especially when they go directly to selling a

supplement that
has not undergone rigorous trials. Sort of raises my

suspicions just
a bit.

Yeah, the part about supplementing fatty acids is an old
story that has been pretty much been debunked.

--
CBI, MD

Old May 9th 04, 07:33 PM
Jeff

"Deanna" wrote in message
m...
"Jeff" wrote in message

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...

(...)

This is ridiculous. I refuse to go back and forth with someone that
can't argue points in a civilized manner. I am not attacking you, yet
you feel the need to attack me over and over.

In other words, Deanna can't back up his claims.

Jeff

Dr. Joyce Woods, How To Create A Safe and Healthy Home- There ya go.

What is this? I looked for this on Amazon.com and couldn't find it.

What science do you think this is based on?

Jeff

Old May 10th 04, 02:17 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 9, 2004

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Deanna" wrote in message
m...
"Jeff" wrote in message

"Deanna" wrote in message
om...

(...)

This is ridiculous. I refuse to go back and forth with someone that
can't argue points in a civilized manner. I am not attacking you,

yet
you feel the need to attack me over and over.

In other words, Deanna can't back up his claims.

Jeff

Dr. Joyce Woods, How To Create A Safe and Healthy Home- There ya go.

What is this? I looked for this on Amazon.com and couldn't find it.

What science do you think this is based on?

Nursing science. See:

http://www.thesampsonfamily.com/healthyhome.html

Old May 11th 04, 12:39 AM
Jeff

"M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 9, 2004" M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t
wrote in message news:lhLnc.11389

(...)

Nursing science. See:

http://www.thesampsonfamily.com/healthyhome.html

I am surprised this lady even use a computer, with the radiation from the
monitor.

Of course, nothing "natural" is toxic. After, we don't have organs to remove
substance that our bodies produce. And nothing in nature is toxic either.
People just go out to get bit my ants and snakes and enjoy the friendly
fragrance of skunks.

For supposedly have a Ph.D., this site is poorly referenced.

Jeff

Old May 11th 04, 05:57 PM
CBI

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
"M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 9, 2004" M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t
wrote in message news:lhLnc.11389

(...)

Nursing science. See:

http://www.thesampsonfamily.com/healthyhome.html

I am surprised this lady even use a computer, with the radiation from the
monitor.

Of course, nothing "natural" is toxic. After, we don't have organs to remove
substance that our bodies produce. And nothing in nature is toxic either.
People just go out to get bit my ants and snakes and enjoy the friendly
fragrance of skunks.

For supposedly have a Ph.D., this site is poorly referenced.

What I like is how she lists what sounds like the subject of her Ph.D.
dissertation as the area of her degree (they are two different things)
and doesn't tell you where any of her credentials comes from. I smell
a mail order diploma.

--
CBI, MD
Old May 12th 04, 06:13 AM
diaperlady

I'm reading these things astounded, wondering what planet you people came
from. Anyone that doesn't realize we are medicating ourselves and our
children to death has been living under a rock. Children are being put on
allergy meds before they are 2, antidepressants, ritalin and other "ADHD"
drugs...when are we going to start searching for the causes of these
problems instead of masking them with pills?! And what is wrong with
alternative physicians? The "accepted" physicians aren't doing us any
favors...unless you're looking for a pill. If you're concerned about
supplements that haven't gone through rigorous testing, be as concerned
about drugs that the drug companies are pumping out every day using us as
guinea pigs. Believe me, more people have died from prescription meds than
supplements. People that don't want to believe the "hype" are the same
people living in a box, surrounded by the comfort of familiarity who don't
want to believe that the US government would allow a product that is
killing our children to be put on a store shelf. By the way, crib
mattresses cause SIDS, thanks to the US government and it's grand idea of
making crib mattresses fire retardant. And that IS backed up by scientific
evidence.

Old May 12th 04, 01:55 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 12, 2004

"diaperlady" wrote in message
lkabouthealthnetwork.com...
I'm reading these things astounded, wondering what planet you people came
from. Anyone that doesn't realize we are medicating ourselves and our
children to death has been living under a rock. Children are being put on
allergy meds before they are 2, antidepressants, ritalin and other "ADHD"
drugs...when are we going to start searching for the causes of these
problems instead of masking them with pills?!

Let's see....

Firstly, when anyone puts ANY condition is " " I suspect that they deny the
existence of that condition.

Secondly, science IS looking for the causes of these conditions. Whoever
told you that they weren't lied to you. Science has found a strong genetic
component to codnitons such as AD/HD. The problem is that there is no way to
"fix" the genetic aspect at this time, and the symptoms must be treated, or
otherwise the child runs a greater risk of a wasted life characterized by
school failure, failed relationships and drug addiction.

And what is wrong with
alternative physicians?

For one thing, they have no answers to conditions such as AD/HD, unless you
are willing to beleive their saleshype.

The "accepted" physicians aren't doing us any
favors...unless you're looking for a pill.

So? Are all pills evil? Do you advocate NOT treating a condition with the
most effective means possible?

If you're concerned about
supplements that haven't gone through rigorous testing, be as concerned
about drugs that the drug companies are pumping out every day using us as
guinea pigs.

The supplements have never been shown to produce results in treating
conditions such as AD/HD. The medications used for AD/HD treatment are time
tested, and scientificly studied. This cannot be said about useless
supplements.

Believe me, more people have died from prescription meds than
supplements.

So? The point is meaningless, but, I suspect that you do not see it.

People that don't want to believe the "hype" are the same
people living in a box, surrounded by the comfort of familiarity who don't
want to believe that the US government would allow a product that is
killing our children to be put on a store shelf.

When all else fails, toss in a nice conspiracy theory.

By the way, crib
mattresses cause SIDS, thanks to the US government and it's grand idea of
making crib mattresses fire retardant. And that IS backed up by scientific
evidence.

Can YOU cite the scientific evidence? If so, post references.