fitted diapers vs. chinese prefolds

Old August 25th 03, 08:13 PM
hobbes

Default fitted diapers vs. chinese prefolds

I've been failing at an attempt to cloth diaper DD. I was doing really well
for a while, and then our washing machine broke down and I had to use
disposables . . . and then the machine was fixed but I wanted to use up all
the diapers I had before she grew out of them (she was getting mighty
close), since I'd already forked out the money for them.

And now she's at the point where the chinese prefolds I had purchased are
almost too small, and the covers I have are almost too small, and I have a
decision to make. Is it worth it to go for the more expensive, fitted
diapers (thinking kissaluvs or mother-ease here), or should I stick with the
prefolds? I hated the way the covers always got messy when DD had a poop,
and I was thinking that the fitted diapers would protect the covers better
(and I'd therefore need fewer). Another issue is that DH really didn't like
using cloth diapers, and I'm thinking that the fitteds are more
user-friendly. I'm also concerned about night-time absorbancy. I didn't have
much luck keeping DD leak-free and used disposables at night. I'd like to do
away with that, if possible.

So . . . opinions, anyone? I'm close to shelling out $250 for the
Mother-Ease package, which would (so they claim) basically set us up for the
rest of her diapering days, except for a few new covers. But if anyone has
had a negative experience with those, I'd really appreciate hearing it.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (2 years, 6 months) & Arwen (4 months)

Old August 25th 03, 11:57 PM
Jeff

"hobbes" wrote in message

Another issue is that DH really didn't like
using cloth diapers

Sounds like an incentive for DH to learn to put her stuff in the potty.

Jeff

Old August 26th 03, 01:27 PM
hobbes

I've not tried the Mother-Ease, but I've heard a ton of bad press about
them.

Do you recall what you've heard? I have a friend who just bought some and
loves them, though she does say they're bulky. But then, she's coming from a
diaper pins and rubber pants perspective, so I have to take that into
consideration.

Jodi

Cloth Diapers Phoebe & Allyson General 2 August 4th 03 07:39 AM
Should I put my 3 year old back in diapers? Jaime General 20 July 29th 03 04:57 AM
2 1/4 year old keeps taking off diapers Larry McMahan General 4 July 15th 03 02:39 AM
disposable diapers Stephanie S General 24 July 14th 03 08:56 PM