Bubblebath

Old January 15th 04, 07:18 PM
Bob Goodman

Default Bubblebath

"Tiffany" wrote in message ...

It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her kid
and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is diagnosed
with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore.

And the sad thing about it is that the infection had nothing to do
with bubble baths, and probably not even to do with anything in the
bath water. Bath water contamination and wiping technique have been
hypothesized a priori as causing or contributing to UTIs, but good
evidence isn't there. And the only role of soaps (including bath
foams) is to cause irritation, not infection. It may lead to
discovery of an existing infection, but the story we're given here is
of fever, not of any reported irritation.

If there was fever, clearly the kid had a UTI, not a mere chemical
irritation. The kid probably never had a problem with bath foams, but
is now forbidden to have them based on this vague cx. (They could
just as well forbid her to use any soap.) But hey, why not a
non-irritating kind anyway?

Robert
Old January 15th 04, 09:40 PM
Paul Griffiths

"CME" wrote in message
"Tiffany" wrote in message

It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her

kid
and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is

diagnosed
with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore. So I told
the lady about that dude's stuff but that I couldn't vouch for it or the

man
in the business. So maybe in the end, his so called spamming will have
helped one kid in my neck of the woods.

Wow, who would have thought eh?

Umm...

koff

--
Paul Griffiths

Old January 15th 04, 09:47 PM
Tiffany

Bob Goodman wrote in message
om...
"Tiffany" wrote in message

[...]

Its hard to say the process of the kids sickness..... there were signs of
flu then that didn't go away then more fever/flu like stuff where nothing
was helping. The end result was tests and the UTI found. I don't know all
the details. The child also has eczema so non-irritants were already being
used. Heck, I am not the parent so I don't know. I think the child did have
redness in the area though.

Old January 17th 04, 10:11 AM
Dennis Here

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message ...

It has,
however, become a boring cycle that I'd like to see end.

It has, Steve has stopped whinging and I have stopped complaining.

Dennis

Old January 17th 04, 02:45 PM
Tiffany

Dennis Here youreply
wrote in message ...

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message ...

It has,
however, become a boring cycle that I'd like to see end.

It has, Steve has stopped whinging and I have stopped complaining.

Dennis

LOL..... thanks, that was a nice laugh for a Saturday morning.

Old January 19th 04, 06:56 PM
turtledove

And the sad thing about it is that the infection had nothing to do
with bubble baths, and probably not even to do with anything in the
bath water. Bath water contamination and wiping technique have been
hypothesized a priori as causing or contributing to UTIs, but good
evidence isn't there. And the only role of soaps (including bath
foams) is to cause irritation, not infection. It may lead to
discovery of an existing infection, but the story we're given here is
of fever, not of any reported irritation.

If there was fever, clearly the kid had a UTI, not a mere chemical
irritation. The kid probably never had a problem with bath foams, but
is now forbidden to have them based on this vague cx. (They could
just as well forbid her to use any soap.) But hey, why not a
non-irritating kind anyway?

Robert

I'm betting the child wasn't getting enough water amongst other things that
help cause UTI's and such..

my 2 cents,
*bri

Old January 19th 04, 08:10 PM
Tiffany

turtledove wrote in message

[...]

I remember the parents saying they can't get the kid to drink water. lol