OT

Old December 31st 03, 12:28 PM
HanK

Default OT

USA...Guns and burglars.

This made me laugh for reasons I do not understand...

If I burglar is discovered in an American home and the house holder diggs
out his prized gun the result is as follows.

2% of the time the burglar gets shot.
98% of the time a member of the family is accidentally shot or the gun is
obtained by the robber and the householder gets shot.

only in America, lol.

XxX HanK

Old December 31st 03, 05:58 PM
HanK

http://www.armed-citizens.com/news/a...es&newsid=1009

This paragraph makes me laugh

The blame-America-firsters such as stupid white man Michael Moore try to

depict the United States as a hotbed of murder and violence, but this time
they're even wronger* than usual.

(*what the bloody hell is wronger? is that like worser? lol)

Read...just because things are crap in Sweden and SA then its all good for
us Yanks!

I read the Micheal Moore book and there was nothing in it that had not been
extensivly reported in the British press, also I though the book very
"dumbed down" in a tabloid press sort of way, for an un-educated reader.
Thank god I live in the UK and my ancestors didn't jump ship 200 years ago.

Another thing I read last week that made me grin was the biggest cuurrent
cause of rain forest depleation is??????

Oh yes.....soya growing to feed the ever growing ranks of vegetarians,
LMFAO.

XxX

Old December 31st 03, 06:04 PM
HanK

http://www.environmentalsustainabili...ves/000358.htm

lol

Old December 31st 03, 07:04 PM
Andrew

"HanK" wrote in message
.. .
http://www.environmentalsustainabili...ves/000358.htm

lol

While on the subject of death and links. Check out the following:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Andrew

Old January 3rd 04, 07:08 AM
CME

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:28:07 -0000, "HanK"
USA...Guns and burglars.

This made me laugh for reasons I do not understand...

If I burglar is discovered in an American home and the house holder diggs
out his prized gun the result is as follows.

2% of the time the burglar gets shot.
98% of the time a member of the family is accidentally shot or the gun is
obtained by the robber and the householder gets shot.

only in America, lol.

XxX HanK

Enjoy that? Then you'll LOVE this!

http://www.armed-citizens.com/news/a...es&newsid=1009

'Kate

Are they taking into account Africa's civil unrest in their figures? Not
sure about the reason behind Sweden though.. hmmm interesting.

Christine

Old January 3rd 04, 07:11 AM
CME

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:58:52 -0000, "HanK"

http://www.armed-citizens.com/news/a...es&newsid=1009

This paragraph makes me laugh

The blame-America-firsters such as stupid white man Michael Moore try

depict the United States as a hotbed of murder and violence, but this

time
they're even wronger* than usual.

(*what the bloody hell is wronger? is that like worser? lol)

One step up from worser... it's downright the wrongerest. :-)

Read...just because things are crap in Sweden and SA then its all good

for
us Yanks!

No... it just proves that some tend to focus on the evils of the US to
make it seem as if it's the worst place on earth.

I read the Micheal Moore book and there was nothing in it that had not

been
extensivly reported in the British press, also I though the book very
"dumbed down" in a tabloid press sort of way, for an un-educated reader.
Thank god I live in the UK and my ancestors didn't jump ship 200 years

ago.

Another thing I read last week that made me grin was the biggest cuurrent
cause of rain forest depleation is??????

Oh yes.....soya growing to feed the ever growing ranks of vegetarians,
LMFAO.

XxX

Michael Moore is a joke. His claims are outlandish. He is a conspiracy
theorist of the worst kind... loudmouthed. The saddest part is that he
believes himself and sheepple (sheep people) from all countries follow
his lead.

'Kate

Oh come on Kate, are you saying his claims have no merit? I admit he's a
propagandist, but his underlying theory is valid.

Christine

Old January 3rd 04, 09:59 AM
Andrew

"CME" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:28:07 -0000, "HanK"
USA...Guns and burglars.

This made me laugh for reasons I do not understand...

If I burglar is discovered in an American home and the house holder

diggs
out his prized gun the result is as follows.

2% of the time the burglar gets shot.
98% of the time a member of the family is accidentally shot or the gun

is
obtained by the robber and the householder gets shot.

only in America, lol.

XxX HanK

Enjoy that? Then you'll LOVE this!

http://www.armed-citizens.com/news/a...es&newsid=1009

'Kate

Are they taking into account Africa's civil unrest in their figures? Not
sure about the reason behind Sweden though.. hmmm interesting.

Christine

No civil unrest in either Zambia or Botswana believe it or not, and no civil
war in South Africa. As regards Zambia do check out the following link as
well http://www.undp.org/hdr2003/indicator/cty_f_ZMB.html

Average life expectancy according to the UN down to 33.4 years, make it past
that figure and you have lived longer than most Zambians born now can expect
to live. Ludicrous in this day and age.

Andrew

Old January 3rd 04, 08:56 PM
Paul Fritz

"CME" wrote in message

'Kate wrote in message

[...]

No they are not, his movies (and no doubt his books as well) are propped up
by very careful and disingenous editting, clipping together sound bites to
make conservatives appear to be cold and heartless, and the left to be all
warm and fuzzy.

Old January 3rd 04, 09:03 PM
Paul Fritz

'Kate wrote in message ...
[...]

More on how off base moore is
http://www.spinsanity.org/columns/20031016.html

Old January 3rd 04, 09:08 PM
Paul Fritz

Switzerland

http://www.theblessingsofliberty.com...article11.html

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 07:08:50 GMT, "CME"

'Kate wrote in message

http://www.armed-citizens.com/news/a...es&newsid=1009

'Kate

Are they taking into account Africa's civil unrest in their figures? Not
sure about the reason behind Sweden though.. hmmm interesting.

Christine

I haven't a clue. I was trying to think of which country mandates that
every adult own and maintain a gun... Sweden or Switzerland. I couldn't
remember.

'Kate