new to this group

Old November 4th 05, 01:00 PM
KAR

Default new to this group

Hi there
My name is Karen, I am a single parent of three beautiful daughters I
am also a full time HND Bus/Ad student at Ayr College
I love being a mum and I also love being a student but it can be hard
work at times
I would really like to hear from anyone else who is in a similar
position to find out how they cope with finding the time to fit
everything in
More than any thing I would just like to hear from people who are just
like me just getting used to being on my own again ( which I love ) but
how they manage to do little things such as fix plugs, paint and mend
dishwashers
Any advice is welcome
Karen

Old November 4th 05, 11:02 PM
CME

"KAR" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there
My name is Karen, I am a single parent of three beautiful daughters I
am also a full time HND Bus/Ad student at Ayr College
I love being a mum and I also love being a student but it can be hard
work at times
I would really like to hear from anyone else who is in a similar
position to find out how they cope with finding the time to fit
everything in
More than any thing I would just like to hear from people who are just
like me just getting used to being on my own again ( which I love ) but
how they manage to do little things such as fix plugs, paint and mend
dishwashers
Any advice is welcome
Karen

Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada. I would suggest befriending more
men (no not like that you pervs!) if you're unable to do it yourself, they
will either love helping, or love helping you become more self-sufficient.

Christine

Old November 5th 05, 12:29 PM
Bev

KAR wrote:
Hi there
My name is Karen, I am a single parent of three beautiful daughters I
am also a full time HND Bus/Ad student at Ayr College
I love being a mum and I also love being a student but it can be hard
work at times
I would really like to hear from anyone else who is in a similar
position to find out how they cope with finding the time to fit
everything in
More than any thing I would just like to hear from people who are just
like me just getting used to being on my own again ( which I love ) but
how they manage to do little things such as fix plugs, paint and mend
dishwashers
Any advice is welcome
Karen

Hello Karen,

I'm Bev from PA. I just recently found a way to make my life crazier.
I have an 18 year old daughter at home with me, she has a soon to be
two year old daughter. I aslo have a 23 year old daughter out in
California , living there and going to college.

I am currently unemployed, and could not imagine at this time working
full time with taking online college classes,and babysitting my soon to
be 2 and 3 year old grandkids while their parents work. What am I
thinking at 44 to have toddlers, two of them , to take care of ?!?!
They absorb my entire day from 8:30 a.m until 5 p.m. when my step
daughter picks up her son and my daughter gets home from work.

Small house repairs I save for days there is someone here to help me
out . Then there are the things like clogged drains that can't wait. I
recently took the two toddlers into the bathroom with me and said "we
are gonna fix this drain". They were excited until they saw the hairy ,
slimey, creature that I pulled out of the pipe LOL!!!!!!! Priceless I
tell you ! There are some times I am caught up on class reading and
assignments that I will do the repairs after 5 p.m. Most nights I am
buried in school work.

Yesterday the water pump on the Ford went kerplunk! Yeah I started the
project, first water pump, lets see , I got a rachet stuck between the
frame and the bolt, cussed, cried, and kicked the bumper before the guy
next door came over , and then the guy downstairs decided to join us! I
began this project at 1:30 yesterday afternoon, by the time they got
the rachet unstuck and the remaining two bolts removed it was 5 p.m. ,
cold and getting dark.
So I have a date out in the backyard this morning at 10 with the guy
next door to finish the pump..........having friends can help! I live
by "one day at a time." Bev

Old November 5th 05, 12:38 PM
Bev

CME wrote:

Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada. I would suggest befriending more
men (no not like that you pervs!) if you're unable to do it yourself, they
will either love helping, or love helping you become more self-sufficient.

Christine

and here I thought it was the double D's and the low neck sweater they
came out to get a better look at !!! J/K LOL! Guy friends are da bomb.
Who you calling pervs? Bev

Old November 5th 05, 11:16 PM
CME

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

CME wrote:

Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada. I would suggest befriending
more
men (no not like that you pervs!) if you're unable to do it yourself,
they
will either love helping, or love helping you become more
self-sufficient.

Christine

and here I thought it was the double D's and the low neck sweater they
came out to get a better look at !!! J/K LOL! Guy friends are da bomb.
Who you calling pervs? Bev

~snicker~ I just recently enlisted the help of a male friend to move some
TVs. Poor guy even had a sore ankle but he did it anyways! lol Men are so
funny but hey, there was no way I could have lifted them myself and I did
offer him a few beers afterwards.

Christine

Old November 5th 05, 11:31 PM
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 5 Nov 2005 04:29:23 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

snipped all that stuff!

I'm really proud of you for going to school. :-)

Hello 'Kate,

That really means a lot to me. I hope you know the part you played in
inspiring me to go for it! It took me some time to be prepared to do
the work. I'm in now for the duration! I am starting with a bachelors
in Business Administration. Looking into accounting and other business
related courses . The big vision is a restaurant of my own one day, for
now I want all the knowledge I can get to help me with that dream. At
the least I will have the means to get a better paying job without the
pain of being on my feet eight hours a day. I have started out slow,
just finishing up with a class called Strategies for success, 6 weeeks,
my first 5 weeks I have nothing less than a 90 % grade on assignments.
I will begin my next class Principles in marketing on the 10th.

We have had a stressful week ...the custody trial is on the 9th, I
can only pray my daughter has not damaged her ability to keep Jaime
with her. I myself will have to get through this as well, it is gonna
hurt like hell if Jaime Gayle has to leave us now On a good note S
has been working going on three weeks now and has started back at
school part time mornings to earn her diploma. She is making good
progress and I am very proud of her. Bev

Old November 7th 05, 05:27 AM
xkatx

"KAR" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there
My name is Karen, I am a single parent of three beautiful daughters I
am also a full time HND Bus/Ad student at Ayr College
I love being a mum and I also love being a student but it can be hard
work at times
I would really like to hear from anyone else who is in a similar
position to find out how they cope with finding the time to fit
everything in
More than any thing I would just like to hear from people who are just
like me just getting used to being on my own again ( which I love ) but
how they manage to do little things such as fix plugs, paint and mend
dishwashers
Any advice is welcome
Karen

Woo! Speaking of doing the little things... We just finished painting the
baby's room - light pink and light purple - and also did the bathroom a
green color... Next, it's off to B's room - 2 light shades of blue, then I
dunno from there!
I also came home this evening to find the power plug in the sitting room
sparking up a storm... I grabbed B from off the chair and yelled about this
sparking plug... Had it unplugged and I'm thinking about calling the
emergency line to get this looked at since there's no way I believe sparks
flying from an outlet is normal...
I wish I had a dishwasher I'm my own dish washer and it's no fun...

Oh, welcome, btw. Welcome from Alberta, Canada. I doubt I beat CME to that
welcome, but whatever! I'm Kat. I have a 5.5 year old boy who doesn't live
with me, but Bran and Amie do. B is 4.5, and A is 3 months old (as of
Friday)
I'm not really single anymore, and haven't for a while now, yet I just can't
seem to leave here since I really am losing my mind lately. Woo! Welcome
to Karen and welcome the first bit of snow this season! It's about time
that white stuff showed up!

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old November 12th 05, 08:19 PM
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 5 Nov 2005 04:29:23 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

You know.. you're gonna do it. You'll get what you want if you never
give up no matter how hard it gets. Congrats on the good grades! I'll be
thinking of you on the 9th.

'Kate,

Thought I would let you know how the custody thing went. To be honest
it went exactly how we had offered it since the beginning.
Unfortunately for the other side they refused to settle for an agreed
Shared/Joint custody with Equal time, without the baby being away from
either side for more than 3 days at a time. They insisted on paying
their Lawyer thousands of dollars to continue to argue Full custody
with my daughter having limited supervised visits.

Well the Judge decided to propose our settlement to them, before a
trial and they jumped on it. Well all but the babies fathers mother who
created a scene yelling and flailing her arms and accusing our family
of never working, being liars, and that the baby will turn up dead
because of us? I am afraid this woman has worse issues than my
daughter. S is still working, still going to school and it seems that
turning 18 has proven to give her some excellent mature goals for
herself! I am Happy momma dancing you bet I am

School is AWESOME!!!!!! I'ma' Lovin' every minute of it!

Have a wonderful day ! Bev

Old November 14th 05, 02:17 PM
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 12 Nov 2005 12:19:12 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

OMG... I had the 9th on my mind and the day came and I totally forgot
what was going on. I'm glad things worked out well. So sorry for the
other grandmother's issues.. I hope she gets over herself soon.

In her mind she is too good for us middle class people, Last minute
they wanted to say we were living off the Government! I produced enough
verification to prove that the claims were untrue! This is what happens
when my daughter gets involved with the family that owns the "Town",
J's fathers Uncle is the freekin Mayor!!!!!!

Meanwhile, my car was totaled last Saturday, No one's hurt, and the
claim was settled quickly but what a hassle,

Whoa! So glad to hear everyone is o.k., I understand the hassle! Back
in 2002 my parked car was totalled right out in front of my home. Took
2 weeks to get a check to buy another!

my niece's birthday was
Friday,

Is this the new baby born last year? Happy Birthday !

and I had to pull together two presentations last week.

grin Fun isn't it !?!?!?!?!

I hope that's why I forgot and not the big A. :-)

Heh, tell me about it ! What is it with our memories after 40 ?

Things are really looking up for you.

Yeah, Took some time , struggle and hard work but worth every minute of
it,The good things are more than I ever thought could happen.

Enjoy the respite from the normal
family crap. LOL..some family therapist i'm gonna be, huh?

Hey, E our family therapist, has said exactly what you just said! She
is so real and down to earth. We were comfortable with her from the day
we met her. She has helped bring our family through many a crisis. Our
family has healed so much thanks to her. I believe you have what it
takes to be one of the best ! I always did feel that way...except for
when you told me the truth about myself and ****ed me off. smile
Which is par for the course, I knew you were only trying to help.
Forgiveness is a beautiful thing.

Hugs,
'Kate

Hugs are good ! back atcha, Bev

Old November 15th 05, 04:07 AM
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 14 Nov 2005 06:17:15 -0800, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

In her mind she is too good for us middle class people,

Hey..watch what yer callin' me. I *aim* for middle class. I pray for
middle class. If I ever get there, I will kiss the middle class ground
that I will be floating above. :-)

LOL! We take turns pretending to be both "Middle class" and "Low class"
here in this household....See we have two cars, one is your comfortable
mid class minivan soccor mom look , then we have the UGH!..... "Ghetto
car" that has only a quarter of its paint left, the rest peeled off and
is a bunch of rust spots are forming imagine "dalmation"....No rust
through though, cracked windshield, and the wipers only work when it is
not raining! Yea, this one I sit way low and hide in so nobody
recognises me lol!

Got a check. I'm impatient, you know. I want what I want and I want it
now. Made an offer on a car today that the dealership wouldn't even
counter so I know I was over a grand less than what they wanted. Oh
well.

So what are you wanting for in respect to a car? Didn't you have a
Blazer ?

Huh? I'm over 40? I was just 26 last year! LOL

Yea, I know, and I just turned 40 for the forth time .....this year!

Hey.. I told you I wasn't mad then you told me to tell you to go ****
yourself so I did. ROFL
What the...
ducking

GASP! Oh no you didn't just tell everybody that !?!?...... I was surely
hoping you forgot about it. I will admit your memory to be a little off
though......I told you to tell me to F off, not F myself! LOL!
Sheesh.................that is two very different actions by far!
grin

Damn. That was a good pitch.

uh huh

Well time to evaluate eBay.com from a marketers point of view.
Yippee!!!!! This one is gonna be interesting, these all nighters better
be worth it!!!!!!

Bev

'Kate