Alpha Omega vs. Britax Marathon??

Old September 16th 04, 07:20 PM
Karen

The Evenflo Triumph 5 goes to 30lb rearfacing, 20-40 forward. It's $119
at BrU, we have the DLX (delux fabric, I guess) which was $139.I forgot
to mention also that when I checked the online reviews, many people had
intended to buy the Britax Marathon but very happily went home with the
Evenflo Triumph instead.

-K-

Old September 16th 04, 08:52 PM
Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang

"Karen" wrote in message
ink.net...
Again the
Marathon seemed kind of utilitarian, not very comfortable, and when I
pulled back the covers and compared the styrofoam around the head area,
the Evenflo was much thicker.

I don't know about the Evenflo, but the Marathon is very nicely padded.
That was one reason why I picked the Britax over other carseats. I like
Evenflo as well, but I read reviews about the straps twisting up and the
straps on the Marathon are thick and never twist.

Jeanne

Old September 16th 04, 08:56 PM
Bruce Bridgman and Jeanne Yang

"Mary W." wrote in message
nk.net...

The nice thing about the Marathon is that it goes to 65 pounds, but
that does make it quite big.

That was a big reason why we got the Marathon. DS can be in that seat for a
long time. Heck, DD at almost 7 can still sit in the carseat (we went
through three types of carseats for her instead of just one).

I have no experience with the Omega. The Roundabout was incredibly
easy to install in our minivan with the LATCH system and is in
there extremely well. It really doesn't move at all and has never
needed to be adjusted.

We bought our latest vehicle based on whether or not it could take the
Marathon carseat. If the front seat had to be squished up, the car/minivan
was eliminated from contention. Luckily, we were in a position to buy a new
car (we hated the Ford Focus wagon we had at the time) to fit the new
carseat.

Jeanne

Old September 17th 04, 02:51 AM
Meg

Thanks everyone for your input and I'll keep it in mind when I get to
go out and shop. I guess I'll have to go to the store and have them
side by side to really compare them up close! If only the kids could
talk...I'd let them pick!

Megan