Wife's bump goes hard and soft? Any info!?

Old October 14th 03, 10:49 PM
Paul Morris

Default Wife's bump goes hard and soft? Any info!?

Hello all,

I'm an avid reader of this newsgroup but don'tpost very often.

My wife is 16 wks 2 days and her bump seems to be hard (most of the time)
but after things like eating it will go soft for about 20 minutes and back
again! I thought it would be one or the other.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Paul Morris

---

Old October 15th 03, 12:21 AM
Kat

"Paul Morris" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm an avid reader of this newsgroup but don'tpost very often.

My wife is 16 wks 2 days and her bump seems to be hard (most of the time)
but after things like eating it will go soft for about 20 minutes and back
again! I thought it would be one or the other.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Paul Morris

---

Is your wife making sure to drink plenty of water, to keep up on her calorie
intake? That could contribute to the tightnes. If it really concerns you
guys I am sure the doctor would not be annoyed if you called and talked to
them about it.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
#2 EDD 02/03/01 (It's a Boy!)

#2 EDD 02/03/01 (It's a Boy!)

Thanks for the reply Kat!

She is drinking a lot of bottled water, much more than she used too. We're
not too concerned about it, just wondering!

Paul

---

Old October 15th 03, 08:06 PM
Carol Ann

: My wife is 16 wks 2 days and her bump seems to be hard (most of the time)
: but after things like eating it will go soft for about 20 minutes and back
: again! I thought it would be one or the other.
:
: Is this normal?
:
: Thanks!
:
: Paul Morris

Are you talking about her tummy? She must be a tiny woman. I am 16+ weeks
and just look pudgy.

Lucky woman!

~Carol Ann

Old October 15th 03, 08:45 PM
Paul Morris

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
hlink.net...
: My wife is 16 wks 2 days and her bump seems to be hard (most of the

time)
: but after things like eating it will go soft for about 20 minutes and

back
: again! I thought it would be one or the other.
:
: Is this normal?
:
: Thanks!
:
: Paul Morris

Are you talking about her tummy? She must be a tiny woman. I am 16+

weeks
and just look pudgy.

Lucky woman!

~Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

My wife says thanks for the compliment but she is quite large for 16 weeks
(bump looks like 6 months!).

Maybe the little one is preparing room in there way before it's needed.

Thanks for the reply!

---

Old October 15th 03, 08:51 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote
Are you talking about her tummy? She must be a tiny woman. I am 16+

weeks
and just look pudgy.

Lucky woman!

~Carol Ann

Me too- I am not showing but my weight has redistributed so to speak and I
have a pudgy looking pooch. I worked with a girl who is very thin and she
didn't show for a long time with her first baby, she's pregnant again now
and at 12 weeks her stomach was sticking out quite a lot. When I started
pooching my husband thought I was starting to show (at 5-6 weeks!!), and
brought this lady up- "She is showing a LOT and she is only 3 months
along).....I think it has to have something to do with the fact that she is
rail thin and for some reason is showing early with this baby.

Of course, a man at work had his wife come in when the floor threw them a
baby shower. They do this at about 8 months along- she is the tiniest
8-month pregnant lady I have ever seen in my life. She was barely showing
and her arms were SO thin and drawn. To me at the time she looked like she
had to be dieting! Now looking back with more understanding, I bet she had a
lot of problems with sickness and her appetite, poor thing. They had a
healthy baby. I had just never seen someone so far along look so thin.
Another girl I worked with was average, not too thin but just right, and BOY
she popped out in her last 3 months...she waddled. Her stomach was so big
everyone talked about it- she had an average sized healthy girl and came
back to work 6 weeks after giving birth the same size as she was before. I
saw her not long ago, she had taken up running, and she looks AMAZING- her
figure is awesome!

I wonder what my own situation will be but I have seen some interesting
things with pregnant friends/coworkers. My mom always told me that you lose
your figure when you have babies etc, but I see nothing that leads me to
believe this- most people seem to go back to what they looked before
surprisingly quickly. My husband even makes comments about his own mother
"She's supposed to look like that she's had babies" (She looks fine- I don't
even know what he was talking about but he was pointning out that women past
a certain age should not be thin- whatever!)...it always scared me when
people started that "Your whole body changes and will never be the same
again" crap about pregnancy. My mom is bad about that. So is my husband. I
just want to think I'll be back to myself in no time (i.e., the way I used
to feel!)

Old October 15th 03, 11:06 PM
Vijay

"Kat" wrote in message

"Paul Morris" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm an avid reader of this newsgroup but don'tpost very often.

My wife is 16 wks 2 days and her bump seems to be hard (most of the

time)
but after things like eating it will go soft for about 20 minutes and

back
again! I thought it would be one or the other.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Paul Morris

Might be Braxton Hicks contractions when it's hard. I wouldn't ever
know I was having one unless I had my hands on my bump. Would get
tight and then relax again.

-V.
Old October 16th 03, 12:15 AM
Fer

Paul Morris wrote:
|| "Carol Ann" wrote in message
|| hlink.net...
||| Are you talking about her tummy? She must be a tiny woman. I am
||| 16+ weeks and just look pudgy.
||| Lucky woman!
||| ~Carol Ann
|| Hi Carol Ann,
|| My wife says thanks for the compliment but she is quite large for 16
|| weeks (bump looks like 6 months!).
|| Maybe the little one is preparing room in there way before it's
|| needed.

Maybe the little one has company? :-)

--?
~~~Cheers!~~~
Jenn-WAHM-DS11-DD6-TTC#3

Old October 16th 03, 04:43 AM
Whitetiger222908

I am 22 weeks and 2 days.......u can definetly tell that i am pregnanct...but I
look farther along than what I am. After I eat, my little basketball goes down
for a while. I asked my doctor about it and she said that it was because the
baby has changed positions. I don't know if this is same for you because I am
farther along. The 'bump' will also change when u lay down, it is the baby
moving to a different positions. You will actually see the movements when u
are farther along. When the baby moves, it feels like a little tiny shove in
your lower stomach. IT'S AMAZING!
Old October 16th 03, 05:23 AM
toypup

"Jill" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

From my own experience, it's true that the body is never the same, but I
found that it's mostly subtle things that only I or DH would notice (boobs
not so perky, feet bigger, slightly incontinent, etc.).