Safety Harness For Kids

Old May 3rd 04, 01:01 AM
shirley

Default Safety Harness For Kids

We never needed harnesses (husband had one as a kid and HATED them), but we
made a pact too, and that was we would both be with them when there would be
a dangerous situation and he took one and I took the other to watch. Now I
know not everyone can do this, shopping I went by myself or he went by
himself. We had a double jogger which they loved (I didn't really like
them). I even had a dog walking business that they went with me and we
walked in the jogger with dogs attached. It worked for us and hands were
held no matter what. We lived in a suburb of Chicago and did some touring
around the area but again, there was always a second adult to watch one of
the twins. I do realize how hard they are to keep track of and I have to
say I'm tempted now at 9 to use them when we go back to Chicago to visit or
even around town. They seem to take off quicker now than when they were
little. One does what one has to do in order for you to feel comfortable
with our children. No one can make judgments about our choices.

Good luck
Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"TwinMom" wrote in message
I used them when my sons were little. With two, unless you're an amoeba,
there's just no way to keep them both safely in sight and reach. Ours went
over the shoulder and around the chest, with the straps and "handle"

coming
out of the middle of the back. They were also useful when the boys were
learning to walk well, because I could help them balance a bit. The wrist
ones could be considered a little more "harsh" in some cases with little
tiny ones, depending on how they used, but for older toddling kids, wrist

wrist with mom or dad should not be a big deal.

Old May 3rd 04, 01:57 AM
Peggy

I really didn't like the idea of the wrist ones. If your little one tries
to run into the street, what are you going to do, yank them back by the
wrist? That certainly seems cruel and can injure them. Besides, they don't
feel as much freedom as they do with the harnesses that keep their hands
free.

My daughters don't mind the harnesses at all. I also played up the tweety
bird aspect!

Peggy

--
http://www.babygardengifts.com

Old May 3rd 04, 11:09 PM
The Huwe Family

I found some at Meijer for $5.99.

Gayle

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
s.com...
I have twin boys (20 mos). One of them has decided that it is fun to run
into the street while walking. We live in a typical suburban subdivision,
but it is enough of a concern to want to get a harness for him, to keep

him
from darting out into the street.

But gosh, I feel guilty doing so, and feel like I am walking a dog.

Should I just get over it? Anyone else uncomfortable with this?