Runnin from Custodial Parent

Old September 17th 07, 08:54 PM posted to alt.child-support
Very Determined!

Default Runnin from Custodial Parent

I need a little insight on what I should do next...I found the non-
custodial parent in Florida, married with property. They divorced
shorly thereafter, that is when I caught wind of the marriage,
properties, and sub-sequent mortgages during their divorce. To save my
interest in owed child support I, the custodial parent filed a lis
pendens on the property he signed over to her in the divorce. A
divorce where she kept everything and had to even pay $100.00 in
alimony a month and he was required to pay $100.00 in child support a
month. Soo, basically a wash. After reciving the Notice of Lis Pendens
she hired an attorney and quickly had the non-custodial parent Quit-
claim all the properties to her.Long story, short I lost. but in the
meantime, he still owes $30,000.00 in support and they moved to
Virgina, together! Where she bought another home, soley in her name
and co-signed a vehicle for the non-custodial parent. Can she be held
accountable for anything, like aiding and abetting to avoid paying his
child support?!? How can he get away with a change of circumstance and
not pay his support?

Old September 17th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Very Determined!" wrote
[...]

==
There is no such crime. She is not the obligor so her assets/income are
irrelevent.
==
How can he get away with a change of circumstance and
not pay his support?

==
Did he file for a change of circumstance to have his support to you lowered?
Does he have a
current support order to you?

Old September 17th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On Sep 17, 3:54 pm, Very Determined! wrote:
but in the
meantime, he still owes $30,000.00 in support and they moved to
Virgina, together!

Just have the NCP assert their Constitutional rights against
Virginia's DCSE, DCSE will then proceed to attempt to step on the
NCP's throat.

Old September 18th 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.child-support
Very Determined!

On Sep 17, 1:30 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Very Determined!" wrote

[...]

current support order to you?- Hide quoted text -

yes, he has a support order to me...in the meantime he is buying and
selling property under her name and benefitting the rewards.

Old September 18th 07, 07:25 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Very Determined!" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 17, 1:30 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Very Determined!" wrote

[...]

Well, what would you do if someone was threatening to take your house?
I don't know who advised you to put a lien on his house but it wasn't a
smart move. Is he paying any support now?

Old September 18th 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.child-support
Very Determined!

On Sep 18, 11:25 am, "Gini" wrote:
"Very Determined!" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 17, 1:30 pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Very Determined!" wrote

[...]

smart move. Is he paying any support now?- Hide quoted text -

I conferred with an attorney in my state as well as in his, and DA's
office legally cannot do it...I guess lawyers do not always have the
right answers! And no, still no support, because supposedly he is not
working...like I told him before McDonald's is always hiring...his
child still has to eat and live whether he has a job or not! So the
arrearages keep adding up.

Old September 18th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Very Determined!" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

==
Well, what would you do if someone was threatening to take your house?
I don't know who advised you to put a lien on his house but it wasn't a
smart move. Is he paying any support now?- Hide quoted text -

I conferred with an attorney in my state as well as in his, and DA's
office legally cannot do it...I guess lawyers do not always have the
right answers! And no, still no support, because supposedly he is not
working...like I told him before McDonald's is always hiring...his
child still has to eat and live whether he has a job or not! So the
arrearages keep adding up.

==
Have you tried reasoning with him rather than chastizing him?
Have you given him the option of providing direct support such
as clothing, food, whatever the child needs? My ex didn't pay CS but he paid
for my fuel oil, bought the boys bikes, school clothes and whatever else
they needed--
sort of the way parents do before a split.

Old September 18th 07, 11:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Very Determined!" wrote in

working...like I told him before McDonald's is always hiring...his
child still has to eat and live whether he has a job or not!

My father raised 3 kids on one blue collar salary with no handout from
anyone, so what's your problem?

Old September 20th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
Very Determined!

On Sep 18, 3:37 pm, "DB" wrote:
"Very Determined!" wrote in

working...like I told him before McDonald's is always hiring...his
child still has to eat and live whether he has a job or not!

My father raised 3 kids on one blue collar salary with no handout from
anyone, so what's your problem?

Your dad should be commended! But my circumstances are not yours or
your dads.FYI, I am not looking for a handout, for ten years I left
him alone, figured he would do the right thing. When he could, (which
he can), I figured he would help support his child, we created
together. "His child,we created together" key phrase! He never did,
and willfully unemployed himself as well as fled from state to state
to avoid his obligations and responsibilities to his child. My current
husband worked two jobs, killing himself, and I worked full time too
so that we could eat, live, and my child could be well educated today,
not ten, fifteen, twenty years ago (the cost of living is much
different now). And we did what we had to do, because life wasn't fair
my child should not have to suffer, and we did whatever we had to do
to make sure he has what TWO parents should give him. I was diagnosed
with thyroid cancer, so with that I had to undergo a radical
thyroidectomy, and radiation. Let me know when your are ready for the
violin...with removal of my thyroid other glands failed to their job,
and so on...so I am on meds the rest of my life, and hope to find out
if I am cancer free soon. With my health issues my husband had to
leave his second job, to help run the household and take care of me,
therefore financially we hurt because HE takes care of all his
children including two others from a previous marriage. So legally my
husband is obligated to care for them first before we even eat! Health
wise I shouldn't be working the hours I do, but I know my obligations
and responsibilities, and even continue my education where I graduate
in May with my bachelors in Criminal Justice,YEAH!!! and if my health
allows hopefully to law school in September of 08. Anyway, #1. My
husband is not my son's father and he is not legally obligated to care
for him. #2. Why is the bilogical father any less responsible than I
am? #3. Why am I looking for a handout when everyone is doing their
job, but the absent bilogical father? #4. How is my son going to feel
when I tell him, I knew where your father was I just didn't care
enough to fight for you, because I don't want to bother with it?
Because we dont' need? We might not need it today...but my child
might, when he needs a new pair of size 15 shoes, and I cannot buy
them because I have to buy my medicine or pay for my doctor's visit.
My child might need the money when he needs new school supplies and I
have to be in the hospital. My child might need it when he is hungry
at school and I need gas in my car. I am sorry your dad had to do it
by himself, or chose to, but why do I have a problem if I am willing
to get up and fight for what is legally obligated to my son?!? He
deserves that, at the very least...We all have choices about our
lives, I choose to not be a martyr and make sure the biological father
is held responsible for his actions or inactions.

Old September 20th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

snip
#2. Why is the bilogical father any less responsible than I
am?

Because in the USA you, and you alone, had the sole right to bear and
keep, abort, adopt, or "safe haven" (legally abandon) your child. The
biological father had none of those choices. With rights come
responsibilities. If you want to even out the responsibilities, how
about relocating and offering him 50/50 custody, and agree to
terminate all financial child support? Or do you believe that a
divorced/separated father is not being "responsible" if he's not
paying the mother a monthly stipend? A lot of people think that way,
sadly.

You might find that Dad is happy to buy your son those size 15
sneakers if he has a chance to go with him to the store to pick them
out and maybe play basketball together a little more often.

snip

#4. How is my son going to feel
when I tell him, I knew where your father was I just didn't care
enough to fight for you, because I don't want to bother with it?

Why tell him that? As the CP, your responsibility is to do everything
in your power to facilitate a healthy relationship with the other
parent. If he isn't paying support, that is not an excuse to abandon
your responsibility. As any lawyer will tell you, visitation and
child support are "completely separate issues." LOL.