Men who marry Single Mothers are Chumps !

Old August 21st 04, 02:12 AM
Zoe

"howldog" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:42:51 -0400, "Zoe" wrote:

I stand corrected - I actually that "more often than not men are the
pathetic losers who cause women to be single mothers. That's not sexist.

yes it is. that you cannot see it to be sexist, is even MORE sexist.

Than I am sexist.

I also like the way you ignored my last paragraph where I talked

about
single fathers. See the below paragraph.

I'm also aware
that there are single fathers out there who are doing the same job as

single
mothers and should be commended just as well. I'll also say this -

courts
more often than not side with the mother on custody issues and this is

not
always right either.

i agree.

I'm glad.

Old August 21st 04, 02:20 AM
Zoe

"Deb" wrote in message
m...
"Zoey" wrote in message

"Deb" wrote in message
m...
"Zoey" wrote in message

"Autobodygal" wrote in message
.com...
I think that a lot of people would agree with me when I say that

you
are a
simple minded idiot! Single mothers are not losers. There are a

lot of
different reasons why a woman may be a single mother. The losers

are
the
men
that can not be man enough to support the children that they have

created.
Single mothers should be applauded.

I agree with you - I think whoever posted that is complete moron

and
yes - the men are more often than not the pathetic losers who cause

mothers
to be single mothers.

And yet, the losers are still chosen over the nice guys, and hold onto

your hat,
it's women CHOOSING losers. Myself included.

Well, it's not like I knew he was a loser. Many losers can be very
charming and seem sincere. Some are even nice guys until they realize

the
responsibility a child brings into their lives and they turn into losers
when the run for cover.

Fair enough, as for me, looking back though, there were red flags waving

all
over the place. I didn't want to see them. Anyway my point was jerks come

in
both sexes. We can speak from our own experience, but to tar 'all or most'
with the same brush is unfair.

I wasn't even refferring to all men, I was referring to men in the
context of the situation of single women. I think that most men, in the
everyday world are decent and fair people. I do think, however, that more
often than not, when there is a mother who is single, it is because the
father didn't want to take responsiblity. Of course this isn't 100% of the
cases. There's lots of cases where the husbands have died, are ill, or the
woman chose not to tell them or put them on the birth certificate.

I think that my post was taken greatly out of context.

At least, that's the situation for me. No one
understands what being a single mother is until they experienced it.

For
myself, I'm glad that I get to raise my son the way I want him to be

raised
because his father is an idiot who didn't want to take

responsibility
and
could only be a bad influence on my son.

I hope you don't say this to your son or around him. Kids aren't

stupid,
they
realize their half of each parent, when you badmouth his dad, your

badmouthing
him.

I never bad mouth my son's father in front of him or around him.

That's
one of the reasons I was looking for a newsgroup with people who may be

able
to relate to what I'm going through. When my son brings up his father

or
says he wants to see his father I tell him that Daddy is very busy

working
now. What else am I suppose to say? I tell him is father loves him but
can't spend time with him right now. Sooner or later though my son will
figure out the truth about his father. I just hope he doesn't resent me

for
lying to him now. In the meantime I tell my son how precious and

beatiful
he is and how so many people love him.

I'm only a lurker, but the regulars seem very supportive. I don't know how

old
your son is, I tried making excuses, but i'm a bad liar. My boys are 9 and

10
and I tell them to ask him, when they have questions. They haven't bought

the
'he's working' in a long time. Kids know when adults are lying, it

diminishes
their opinion of you, even if your doing it for their own good. Does he

see or
talk to his dad at all?

My son is 2 years old and I really don't know what else I can tell him
when he asks to see his father that isn't a lie. I would have to tell him
that his daddy doesn't care about him anymore or worse yet, insult his
father which I don't do in front of him. His ability to understand grown up
situations is rather limited right now. He just knows that he hasn't seen
Daddy for a long time. His father will come in and out of his life and as
he grows older the more this affects him when his father goes out of his
life. So, no, for the past 3 months he hasn't seen or spoken to his father.
I can't get in touch with him as he won't return my calls. I hate to see my
son get hurt like this when he is innocent in all of this.

Old August 21st 04, 02:32 AM
Zoe

"Menden Likstra" wrote in message
"Zoey" wrote:

You must be a deadbeat dad. Hope you're proud of it. Consider
yourself
lucky that someone was willing to procreate with you and unfortunately
let your gene pool carry on a little longer.

chlorine will kill just about anything in any pool

There's a good tip!

Old August 21st 04, 04:15 AM
Nan

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:09:32 -0400, "Zoe"
scribbled:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:42:51 -0400, "Zoe"
scribbled:

I stand corrected - I actually that "more often than not men are the
pathetic losers who cause women to be single mothers. That's not sexist.

Uhm, yes, it's very sexist. On what do you base this claim?

Reality.

Whose reality?? Your anecdotal experience doesn't equal data.

I also like the way you ignored my last paragraph where I talked

about
single fathers. See the below paragraph.

It's usenet. There is no requirement to respond to every part of a
post. Most often, someone who's in agreement with you will not
necessarily respond to that statement.

Nope, no requirement - but when a following paragraph specifically
refers to the quote that was critisized, it might be nice.

I guess, if one really needs that validation.

Nan

Old August 21st 04, 04:58 AM
Byron Canfield

"Timothy" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:22:17 GMT, "Byron Canfield"
wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:06:49 -0400, "Zoey" wrote:

"Sour Kraut" wrote in

message
.. .
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:46:12 -0400, "Zoey"

wrote:

"Autobodygal" wrote in message
r.com...
I think that a lot of people would agree with me when I say that

you
are a
simple minded idiot! Single mothers are not losers. There are a

lot
of
different reasons why a woman may be a single mother. The losers

are
the
men
that can not be man enough to support the children that they have
created.
Single mothers should be applauded.

I agree with you - I think whoever posted that is complete

moron
and
yes - the men are more often than not the pathetic losers who cause
mothers
to be single mothers. At least, that's the situation for me. No

one
understands what being a single mother is until they experienced

it.
For
myself, I'm glad that I get to raise my son the way I want him to

be
raised
because his father is an idiot who didn't want to take

responsibility
and
could only be a bad influence on my son. But it still hurts me

when I
see a
couple walking down the street with their kids. It's hard having
something
as wonderful as a kid and not being able to share it with someone.

Some times you people really amaze me. Always excuses always
justification, ya'd figure you'd get a clue eventually but I guess
that is physically impossible.

Oh well, **** off then. What a ****ing waste...

What "excuse" did you find in my post?

Oh, and if you don't want to read about single parents - why don't you

do
the ****ing off then and not read threads from the alt.single-parents

ng?

Don't even see it, incredible and I guess laughable.

**** it!!! and ****ing off right now.

Oh, your just so clever -- and I'll bet you think you invented the sock
puppet, too. You're just an anonymous coward.

Woohoo!!! The unbias middle ground comes to save the day. Offering
incite and common denominator. YOU FAIL IT!!!! Freak

False. And here's the form of success.

Timothy is now plonk in the twit filter.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old August 21st 04, 04:58 AM
Byron Canfield

"Lee" wrote in message
m...
"Zoe" wrote in message

No one
understands what being a single mother is until they experienced

it.

So? This method of refutation is dropped by most after their
sophomore year of College.

Valid, accurate criticisms can be levied by persons who have never
been in the situation they are critiquing.

I am a man, but I can validly criticise women who chose poorly and
then have a child by their poorly chosen man.

On the other hand, whether one has been in the situation or not, the data is
not available from which to draw the conclusion that one group, in total, or
the other, consists of "chumps" or "losers" as the originator of this thread
asserted.

Almost every woman who gets pregnant wants to get pregnant because
they act in a manner that does not preclude prenancy.

Everytime.

See above.

If I were a woman and I did not want to get pregnant -

I would not have unprotected sex.
I would be on the pill.
I would have the Ru-486 in my medicine cabinet.
I would know where to get an abortion.
I would know where to give up a baby for adoption.

There are 13 or 14 ways to not become a mother.

And there you DO put yourself in the position of judging something for which
you have not the frame of reference.

I also like the way you ignored my last paragraph where I talked

about
single fathers. See the below paragraph.

I'm also aware
that there are single fathers out there who are doing the same job as

single
mothers and should be commended just as well. I'll also say this -

courts
more often than not side with the mother on custody issues and this

is
not
always right either.

80% of custody is awarded to mommy.

You post is another example of people in denial or being plain stupid.

You cite no facts to back up your 80% figure, and then you insult the poster
for her paragraph that was in agreement with your assertion. And you're
calling HER plain stupid?

Why do women get pregnant? Because they want to.

See above, regarding judging things for which you have no frame of
reference.

Another example:

Is there any one over the age of 15 who lives in North America who
does not know about AIDS?

Q: Then why has anyone become infected since 1990?
A: They behave stupidly.

That contradicts your prior assertion that it is by conscious choice.

Do you bother to read what you write before you hit the send button? Geez!

Old August 21st 04, 04:58 AM
Byron Canfield

"Zoe" wrote in message
. ..

"Timothy" wrote in message
**** it!!! and ****ing off right now.

You'll be missed.

Not!

Old August 21st 04, 04:58 AM
Byron Canfield

"Gwenhyffar Milgi" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:14:36 -0400, "Zoey" wrote:

"Gwenhyffar Milgi" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:46:12 -0400, "Zoey" wrote:

because his father is an idiot who didn't want to take responsibility

and
could only be a bad influence on my son.

Oh yes, the world's greatest catch! The woman who CHOSE to have a
child with an idiot!

I didn't know he was an idiot at the time. My mistake. I still have

no
regrets.

Oh wow, even better, you didn't even wait to find out if he was an
idiot or not before breeding with him.

Well, at least she's forewarned about you. That's a comfort. The gene pool
is safe.

Old August 21st 04, 01:11 PM
denanson

"Betsy" wrote in message

So you are saying, you make no effort whatsoever to allow your child to

see
his father? You have made no attempt to contact your child's father for
visitation? I know I had issues with my son's father, and he made

attempts
to NOT see his child for periods of time, but when he called, my son went
with his dad. When my son wanted to talk to Daddy, I called him up. When
my ex-husband decided to terminate his parental rights, because of other
legal issues, I was as honest as I could be to my son. He was six years

old
at the time. I do not believe that lying to your child is appropriate. I
don't mean telling him the cold hard truth, but something he can

understand.
I told my son, "Daddy has some problems right now, and decided that he
couldn't visit with you for awhile." He accepted that. The fact remains,
my son got the truth without being told, "Daddy doesn't want you anymore,"
or "You weren't important enough in Daddy's life," or whatever perceptions

had at the time. This wasn't and isn't about ME it's about my child.
Please bear that in mind; it's better to work toward the best interest of
your child than your own personal angry agenda.

Betsy, you should have left this in soc.men as well.It may have re-assured
some of the sceptics there that not all women are the same ;-)

Dennis

FAQ July 2004 Daniel Single Parents 0 July 6th 04 02:25 AM
Where's Bri ? Nick Single Parents 3 April 24th 04 12:27 PM
FAQ try #2 turtledove Single Parents 2 January 4th 04 05:17 PM
FAQ turtledove Single Parents 0 January 2nd 04 03:04 PM
July's FAQ! turtledove Single Parents 0 July 1st 03 09:43 PM