Why do parents keep doing this?

Old August 23rd 04, 05:06 AM
Briar Rabbit

Tori M. wrote:

So you are saying that if a boy is circumsised that he will not get a
childhood erection or that the penile will not grow propperly at puberty?

I thought what she was hinting at was that childhood erections would be
painful... But i could be wrong..

Tori

Hinting is a good word for it. It is worth waiting for the
substantitation. Bet there will be no facts just speculation and a bit
of he said, she said.
Old August 23rd 04, 05:11 AM
Briar Rabbit

Chotii wrote:

"Briar Rabbit" wrote in message

The AAP believe that male circumcision is a perfectly acceptable parental
decision as a result of religious, cultural or medical considerations.

Mmmmm hmmmm.

There's a vast difference between allowing something, and advocating it. You
are advocating it. The AAP allows it.

Why are you advocating and recommending something the AAP does not advocate
or recommend?

My, you are turning into a pompous fart, aren't you.

A question, why are so against something the AAP believes is a perfectly
acceptable parental decision as a result of religious, cultural or
medical considerations? You want to share you secret motivation with the
newsgroup?

Old August 24th 04, 03:30 AM
Briar Rabbit

Chotii wrote:
"Kaybee" wrote in message

"Chotii" wrote in message
. ..

"Briar Rabbit" wrote in message

Chotii wrote:

Vaccines are, presumably, done for the greater good of society - the
'herd immunity' thing. They are done to protect the child from a

variety

of diseases. But, children are not lined up and forced through the
vaccination mill. Rather, ideally, parents participate after
thoughtful
consideration. And parents certainly do, in many or most locations,

have

the right to refuse vaccinations.

As people have with circumcision. It is recommended that parents

consider

all the factors before making a circumcision decision. This is good.

This

is as it should be.

The AAP believe that male circumcision is a perfectly acceptable

parental

decision as a result of religious, cultural or medical considerations.

Mmmmm hmmmm.

There's a vast difference between allowing something, and advocating it.

You

are advocating it. The AAP allows it.

Why are you advocating and recommending something the AAP does not

advocate

or recommend?

Of course parents should consider all factors before having surgery
performed on their children. Ideally, in my estimation, parents will

choose

not to do cosmetic surgeries on their boy children that they would not

have

done on their girl children. Ideally, if they absolutely feel they must
choose such a cosmetic surgery, they would insist on their doctor making
loose cut to allow for childhood erections, and to accommodate penile

growth

at puberty.

So you are saying that if a boy is circumsised that he will not get a
childhood erection or that the penile will not grow propperly at puberty?

Where is the research to back up your facts/statements?

I'm sorry if I've failed to communicate clearly.

One understands absolutely. These are desperate times for skin freaks.
So many foreskins to save and so little time.

But does that excuse perpetrating a lie?

This tight/loose thing is a figment of an over active skin freak
imagination ... and here you are doing a sell-on to the best (or worst)
of your abilities. Disgraceful!

They should require you skin freaks to be registered at the local police
station.
Old August 24th 04, 04:57 AM
Chotii

Chotii wrote:

"Briar Rabbit" wrote in message

The AAP believe that male circumcision is a perfectly acceptable parental
decision as a result of religious, cultural or medical considerations.

Mmmmm hmmmm.

There's a vast difference between allowing something, and advocating it.
You are advocating it. The AAP allows it.

Why are you advocating and recommending something the AAP does not
advocate or recommend?

My, you are turning into a pompous fart, aren't you.

A question, why are so against something the AAP believes is a perfectly
acceptable parental decision as a result of religious, cultural or medical
considerations? You want to share you secret motivation with the
newsgroup?

I have stated my motivations. I consider it a cruel, barbarous, antiquated
practice which should have been discontinued long ago. I consider it to be,
90% of the time, done for cosmetic reasons. I believe cosmetic alterations
to a person's body should, barring correction of birth defects, be left to
the individual to choose or not choose. I apply the same argument to the
piercing of babies' ears. You can label me all you like - and you have been
doing so, freely and to the great detriment of your position - but you've
got my motivations wrong.

I am not a "skin freak". I have never seen a foreskin in person. I have
never handled one, touched one, smelled one. There is very little chance I
ever *will*. I am not obsessed with the foreskin. I *do* believe that the
person who owns the body and must live with it, should make choices about
its alteration as much as is medically realistic.

--angela

Old August 24th 04, 05:00 AM
Chotii

wrote in message
om...
Subject: Why do parents keep doing this?
Chotii Wrote:

From: "Chotii" Ideally, if they absolutely feel they must
choose such a cosmetic surgery, they would insist on their doctor

making a loose cut to allow for childhood erections, and to
accommodate penile growth at puberty

What on earth are you talking about????

Don't believe he actualy knows? Fascinating though that Chotii could
actualy beleive circumcised males penises do not grow after routine
infant circumcision. Maybe Hugh can add that gem to his
circumstitions.

That gem is beyond bizarre. In fact, its the uncircumcised penis,
with its horrid adhesions and restricted, wormy end, that gets in the
way of childhood erections. Not to mention the problems of phimosis
and paraphimosis that can strangle penile movement and deny sexual
pleasure.

Angela's doo-dee is so high, the peanuts are beginning to stand on
end!ehe The more she speaks, the deeper hole she and her scab
scavengers continue to dig for themselves. Unfortunately, there are
many who are gullible enough to be duped by these pathetic creatures,
thus perpetuating the mad cult devotion to a useless scab of skin.

Your argument would be more convincing if you would:

a) actually address what I say, rather than a distortion of what you'd like
to make people think I said,
b) argue fairly, without namecalling
c) Use medically accurate terms and information.

But, at least you're amusing.

--angela

Old August 24th 04, 06:51 AM
eggs

"decurian" wrote in message
om...
Jake Waskett wrote in message

.uk...
Igor van den Hoven wrote:

Not being cut Is gross women can get hepatitis C and clamitia,but you

I guess "clamitia" is that horrible disease that makes you smell like a
clam?

eggs.

Old August 24th 04, 12:51 PM
firedancer623

Chotii wrote:

[...]

Angela, don't sweat it. This loser has way too much time on his hands to be
worried about what parents do with their children. By labeling others as
"skin freaks" his level of maturity is really showing through. I am all for
free choice and fully support any parent's decision, which ever it may be. I
chose not to circ my kids because I felt it was in their best interest.
Others may disagree and that is fine. Do I care what they think? Nope.

Old August 25th 04, 01:05 PM
Catherine Woodgold

Briar Rabbit ) writes:
This tight/loose thing is a figment of an over active skin freak
imagination ... and here you are doing a sell-on to the best (or worst)
of your abilities. Disgraceful!

I've observed tight skin after the healing of wounds on other
parts of peoples' bodies. It only makes sense that might
happen to a penis too.

In order to prove that approximately a certain percentage of circumcisions
lead to that problem, you'd have to have statistically valid
scientific research.

In order to prove that some circumcisions lead to that problem,
all you need is anecdotal evidence -- and someone has already posted
about examples of people with that problem.

In order to prove that that problem never happens, you would have
to have documentation of the results of every single circumcision
ever performed around the world. I suppose there must be hundreds of
millions of them. Quite a daunting task.
--
Cathy
Old August 25th 04, 02:45 PM
Catherine Woodgold

"firedancer623" ) writes:
I am all for
free choice and fully support any parent's decision, which ever it may be. I
chose not to circ my kids because I felt it was in their best interest.
Others may disagree and that is fine. Do I care what they think? Nope.

Well, if parents decide to circumcise a child without asking
the child's permission (e.g. a baby), then it isn't
"free choice" for the child, nor for the adult the child
later becomes.

Trying to get the terminology straight here.
--
Cathy