ICAN and The Pink Kit: a dark side (Wintergreen is wrong)

Old January 30th 04, 10:45 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default ICAN and The Pink Kit: a dark side (Wintergreen is wrong)

PREGNANT WOMEN: WARNING: ABOUT ICAN and THE PINK KIT

See The Pink Kit...

I asked Common Knowledge Trust/CKT (The Pink Kit) to 1) mention on their
website that MDs are closing birth canals up to 30%; and 2) tell women that
it is EASY (see BUT BEWARE below) for them to allow their birth canals to
OPEN the "extra" up to 30%...

Wintergreen, a trustee of Common Knowledge Trust/CKT replied:

"UNFORTUNATELY, WE CAN'T MENTION WHAT YOU SUGGEST..." (!)

CKT Trustee Wintergreen sounds like ICAN...

ICAN is formerly CPM/the Cesarean Prevention Movement - now the
International Cesarean Awareness Network...

SOMETHING BIZARRE ABOUT ICAN...

MDs are CAUSING cephalopelvic disproportion (and failure to progress) then
performing cesarean sections BEcause of cephalopelvic disproportion (and
failure to progress)...

Yet the former Cesarean "Prevention" Movement (now ICAN) can't manage to
mention this bizarre obstetric behavior right up front on its web page (or
on radio shows)!

Indeed, a man claiming to be ICAN Attorney DENNIS P. COLUMBO wrote me on
April 17, 2003
to say that the ICAN Board "and some members of the Network" asked him to
write
to me "on behalf of all members of ICAN" and say that I "must cease and
desist
from continuing to correspond with any member of the Network unless such
member
has specifically told you that he or she wishes to correspond..."

ICAN Attorney Colombo added: "Your correspondence is neither requested nor
desired. Therefore on behalf of my client [ICAN] and its membership I demand
that you immediately purge your mailing and email lists of all names which
are
those of ICAN members...."

ATTENTION ICAN BOARD: ICAN failure to openly state that MDs are closing
birth
canals up to 30% is neither requested nor desired. I demand that you
immediately begin explicitly informing women - in every radio show - in
every
ICAN press release - explicitly informing them that MDs are senselessly
closing
birth canals - and how easy it is for them to allow their birth canals to
OPEN
the "extra" up to 30%. Or just admit that you aren't really interested in
preventing cesarean sections.

ICAN MEMBERS (and even non-members of ICAN): Please make the same demand of
the
ICAN Board. Just forward this email to ICAN Pres. Tonya Jamois.
) Please copy me when you do.

For further details...

See ICAN..or ICAN'T? [Silently m]anufacturing C-section Consent
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2210

Back to THE PINK KIT...

CKT (Pink Kit) Trustee Wintergreen is sounding VERY MUCH like ICAN!

EVEN WORSE...CKT Trustee Wintergreen indicates that women can allow their
birth canals to open maximally ('keep their sacrums [sic] open") - "even if
they have to lie on their backs." (!)

Wintergreen is perpetuating a medical LIE (see below). Lying on one's back
CLOSES one's birth canal - up to 30%!

Some babies are DYING because of this obvious MD crime. (BTW, I am in favor
of pardons in advance for MDs; see below.)

GASTALDO BEING "POLITICAL"??

CKT Trustee Wintergreen indicates that I am being "political," as in,

"I hear your passion, or distress and can only say that CKT's goal is to get
women more responsible in their preparation and the use of that knowledge in
each contraction and the rest in between. This preparation, when committedly
done, has had an amazing impact on birth. Women are less afraid, more
confident, more likely to remember how to relax inside, have prepared their
birth canals, keep their sacrums open ( even if they have to lie on their
backs)...Unfortunately, we can't mention what you suggest because any woman
who comes to our website must know that regardless of whatever is happening
to her or around her, there is much she can take into her labour and birth
experience. We are neutral, nonpolitical and dedicated to women and men
becoming skilled birthers...."
--Wintergreen, Trustee, Common Knowledge Trust (CKT) to Gastaldo

WINTERGREEN is being political (!) (silent about an obvious birth crime!) -
probably because of BUSINESS, as in,

"Common Knowledge Trust is also a business and must relate to professional
people in an entirely different manner. If you are a care provider,
educator or other birth related professional; we encourage you to get
training and become registered with CKT."
--Newsletter (The Pink Kit Method for birthing better), Dec. 2003, p. 6)

ARRRGGGHHH! Sorry to get E-motional but... Some of Wintergreen's
"professional" people - MDs, MBs and midwives - are closing birth canals -
senselessly! Indeed, it's not unlikely that birth canals have been closed
up to 30% by homebirth midwives affiliated with CKT/The Pink Kit...

MANY "professional people" midwives - especically CNMwives - are aping MDs
in closing birth canals! CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney Burst keeps
*promoting* closing the birth canal - semisitting - years after I asked her
to stop! Helen says MIDWIVES (not just CNMwives!) promote semisitting!

See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of Medicine
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2256

BOTTOMLINE: MDs and CNMwives are KNOWINGLY committing this obvious crime -
which is sometimes fatal/sometimes paralyzing! See the postscript.

LADIES: It is EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN maximally! Again, see
the postscript.

NOTE: To speed an end to this obvious obstetric crime, as always, I am in
favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just academic prime cuts
forced through this culture's most powerful mental meatgrinder - medical
school.

Medical schools are not only teaching medical students to close birth
canals - they are teaching them to KEEP birth canals closed when babies'
shoulders get stuck (assuming they are using Williams Obstetrics and ACOG's
Shoulder Dystocia video, discussed below).

OPEN LETTER (instantly archived for global access:

Wintergreen
Trustee
Common Knowledge Trust (CKT)
The Pink Kit Method for Birthing Better
PO Box 892, Nelson, New Zealand.
Email:
Web:
http://www.commonknowledgetrust.com

Wintergreen,

You wrote that you can "hear my passion, or distress."

**Your email** caused me much distress!

What do you mean, "even if they have to lie on their backs"?!

Women *don't* have to lie on their backs!

Women (MOST women) don't WANT to lie on their backs once they learn (IF they
learn) that lying on the back - or semistting - closes the birth canal up to
30%!

Why does Common Knowledge Trust fail to GIVE women this information - FOR
FREE - right up front on the CKT/Pink Kit website?!

Former ICAN President Connie Banack wrote (after you contacted her):

"Most commonly, problems encountered are the bony pelvis is not an easy fit
for the baby...the birth canal and perineum aren't being opened easily by
the baby...[The Pink Kit] not only addresses those concerns, but provides
solid information on understanding and working through these problems
prenatally and during labour....Wintergreen states, "If we can map the
pelvis and 'know' it's shape, then we can move into positions that 'keep us
open.'"
http://www.mother-care.ca/cktreview.htm

Wintergreen, the fact of the matter is, you CAN mention what I suggest - and
for the very reason you say you can't (!) - to wit - "any woman who comes to
[your] website must know that regardless of whatever is happening to her or
around her, there is much she can take into her labour and birth
experience."

ONLY PROPERLY INFORMED WOMEN will stop MDs, MBs and midwives from closing
their birth canals up to 30%...

It needs to be COMMON KNOWLEDGE that women can allow their birth canals to
open the "extra" up to 30% just by rolling onto their sides or going to
hands-and-knees or kneeling or standing or other alternatives to the
birth-canal-closing semisitting and dorsal delivery positions.

You indicate that it would "political" - not "neutral" - for CKT to offer
women this information, as in, "We are neutral, nonpolitical and dedicated
to women and men becoming skilled birthers."

Arrgghhh! It is political (FRAUDULENT) for you to FAIL to offer this
information!

BE ADVISED: You and Common Knowledge Trust are perpetrating a (sometimes
fatal/paralyzing) fraud if you are teaching that women can allow their birth
canals to open the "extra" up to 30% - "even if they have to lie on their
backs."

**MDs** tell this bald lie in a lame attempt to cover-up their obvious
crime! The authors of Williams Obstetrics left this lie in their text! (At
my request the authors of Williams Obstetrics did publish the correct
biomechanics - but they left their "dorsal widens" lie in their text - in
the same paragraph! See http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html)

WINTERGREEN: I *am* distressed! Why are you helping MDs perpetuate their
lie!!??

WHY?

You say, "Our new [web site] will be on line sometime next week at
www.birthingbetter.com and over the next few months, more information will
be available to pregnant women and men..."

This is a perfect opportunity!

PLEASE change your website and your Pink Kit so that both explicitly state
that MDs are senselessly closing birth canals up to 30%.

Tell women how EASY it is for them to allow their birth canals to open an
"extra" up to 30%.

Do it RIGHT UP FRONT - FOR FREE!

Wintergreen, please help make it COMMON KNOWLEDGE that MDs are closing birth
canals and how women can EASILY stop them.

Do it ASAP - as in Common Knowledge TRUST...

Do it for the babies.

Women are trusting you - don't let them down.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS SIMPLE PROOF THAT MD-OBSTETRICIANS ARE **KNOWINGLY** CLOSING BIRTH
CANALS UP
TO 30%.

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist's/ACOG's Shoulder
Dystocia video purports to tell MDs how to OPEN the birth
canal when baby's shoulders get stuck - which obviously means that
MD-obstetricians know they are closing birth canals.

WORSE: The ACOG method for opening the birth canal when baby's shoulders get
stuck (PROPER (bad) McRoberts) - actually keeps the birth canal closed!

See IMPROPER McRoberts can save tiny lives and tiny limbs...

FURTHER PROOF (that MDs know they are closing birth canals)...

The British National Health Service/NHS West Midlands Perinatal
Institute/WMPI (Jason Gardosi, MD, Director) writes of the semirecumbent
delivery position (semisitting):

"...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the sacrum which is
therefore pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-posterior diameter of
the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

OBSTETRIC SPINAL MANIPULATION CRIME

In addition to routinely closing birth canals up to 30%, MDs often
GRUESOMELY
manipulate babies' spines (push with oxytocin; pull with forceps/vacuums)
with
the birth canal senselessly closed up to
30%.

An estimated six babies per day DIE from vacuum-assisted spinal manipulation
alone - with birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%.

See again: How NOT to do McRoberts maneuver...

PREGNANT WOMEN: To offer your baby the up to 30%
"extra" - simply roll onto your side as you push your baby out!

There are LOTS of "alternative" delivery positions that allow the birth
canal to open maximally - kneeling, hands-and-knees, squatting, standing,
etec.

Talk to your MD or CNMwife NOW - before your delivery!

BUT BEWA Some MDs and CNMwives may still close your birth canal (!), as
in,

"[M]ost doctors and [nurse] midwives are accustomed to the semisitting
position...[T]hey may be willing to let you try other positions, if you
ask...[But]...as you get close to delivery...[they] may ask you to move
to [semisitting]..."
[Simkin, P, Whalley J, Keppler, A. Pregnancy, Childbirth and the
Newborn: The Complete Guide (Expanded and updated). Meadowbrook Press:
Minnetonka, MN (dist. by Simon and Schuster). 2001:201]

4.6% of "healthy" term babies are born with unexplained brain bleeds!

And up to 3% of cephalic vaginal deliveries suffer shoulder dystocia!
http://www.imfm.net/mfmtext/shoulder/index.htm

LADIES: If your baby's shoulders get stuck inside you, do NOT let the MD
pull with you on your back/butt, closing your birth canal.

You should not have been on your back/butt closing your birth canal in the
first place!

It's sort of a chiropractic emergency.

Please help stop MDs from closing birth canals.

Please share this info with as many pregnant women as possible.

Thanks,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

BEGIN Wintergreen's email to Gastaldo