Need advise on alternative medicine for 2 year old child with bronchities

Old October 3rd 03, 08:12 PM
Meily

Default Need advise on alternative medicine for 2 year old child with bronchities

I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
Pulmicort and Albuteral.
He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
his bones. Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
changes.

I appreciate any feed back on this matter.

Meily
Old October 3rd 03, 08:28 PM
Marko Proberto

Why do you assume that 1) minor falls do not cause fractures, and 2) that
his medications caused his bones to weaken?

om...

Old October 5th 03, 04:03 AM
PF Riley

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 19:15:01 -0400, Kathy Cole
wrote:

On 3 Oct 2003 12:12:59 -0700, (Meily) wrote:

I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
Pulmicort and Albuteral.

Bronchitis twice a month isn't bronchitis, it's asthma.

Exactly. People who use euphamisms such as "bronchitis" or "reactive
airways disease" to avoid the "A" word may be doing a disservice to
the child as it can often lead to inappropriate treatment. The oldest
such child I've seen was 8 years old. She was having a very typical
asthma attack, was in the ER, and mom told me she had been doing this
since her infancy. Her doctor had always prescribed her antibiotics
for "bronchitis" and she had never had an inhaler. Who knows how long
she went with chronic airway inflammation that by that time probably
had caused now irreversible changes in her pulmonary histology that
will guarantee she now won't outgrow the asthma, which changes may
have been prevented by early and prolonged use of inhaled
corticosteroids.

Are the pulmicort and albuterol helping?

He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
his bones.

What is causing you to think that his current medications are weakening
his bones?

She probably looked up a list of general side effects of
corticosteroids, not realizing that osteoporosis from steroids is
caused by chronic systemic dosing, not by inhaling only a few
micrograms of it. To think a two-year-old could have already developed
clinically significant osteoporosis leading to increased
susceptibility to fractures from using Pulmicort would be like
thinking your roof will cave in if a crow poops on it twice.

PF
Old October 9th 03, 03:45 AM
Jeff

"Meily" wrote in message
om...
I leave in houston texas and have a 2 year old son that has got
bronchities twice in a month. He is currently on the Nebulizer with
Pulmicort and Albuteral.
He also recently broke his arm from a minor fall. I am trying to find
a natural medicine that will not have bad side effects like weaking
his bones.

We would all like to find a perfectly safe medicine with absoulely no side
effects.

However, because something is natural does not mean it is safe. Cyanide is a
natural compound. It is not safe. And "natural" medicine, whatever that is,
is rarely effective.

Maybe there is someone out there that has been thru this
same situation. I child that gets bronchities every time the weather
changes.

Seeing a pulmonologist or an allergist might help.

Jeff

Old October 26th 03, 07:25 AM
Wayne Bryan

ImmunoStart is one of the best immune system supports around and it's
chewable (you can grind it up to give to your 2 year old).

Order it on-line:
http://www.mannapages.com/jdi/PRDImm...ntryCodeID =1
--
Wayne Bryan
http://www.mannapages.com/jdi

Old October 26th 03, 03:34 PM
Markasurusi Probertasaurusi

Why would someone want to give some chemcial laced substance from MannaDreck
to a child when that product has not been thoroughly tested for safety and
efficacy?

Why do you want to use children a lab rats?