Going shopping

Old February 27th 04, 07:15 PM
Angela Schepers

Default Going shopping

DH and I are heading out of town this afternoon to buy some stuff for
myself and probably baby as well. I've been in some serious pelvic pain
the past few weeks and the doc suggested a maternity belt so we're
heading out to get one of those. There are some days I won't move from
the couch except to eat or go to the bathroom and even that is
excruating (sp?). I'm just hoping that my pelvic pain will go easy
enough on me to be able to walk around the shopping center without
crying or having to stop too much. We're also planning on picking up
some more maternity clothes. I really hadn't bought much because I
wasn't sure how big I would get and didn't want to spend money on stuff
that I could outgrow but DH's wardrobe is starting to get tight on me so
we figure it's time. Besides, I'm sure he'd like to have his t-shirts
and sweatshirts back. We also plan to stop by toys r'us and any
other baby store or department we find along the way for deals.

We bought a Graco Cirrus Travel system (at $40 less than retail
including shipping costs!) off of ebay over a week or so ago and it's
supposed to be delivered today. We're really excited about that! It
finally feels like we're slowly starting to accumulate stuff for the
baby when he gets here. It makes me feel a bit relieved because for
some reason I had it in my mind that he would be born and we wouldn't
have anything ready.

Angela
Edd #1 5-13-04

Old February 28th 04, 07:51 AM
Cam & Shane

Tell me about the pelvic pain - it's sooo frustrating not being able to rub
it better.

I hope you go shopping on a good day and have heaps of fun.

Camille
:-)

Old February 28th 04, 09:57 PM
Angela Schepers

Shopping went well, we found some suprisingly good buys and the
maternity belt seems to be helping somewhat, though not as much as I
would have liked. I'm definately going to have to talk to my OB at my
next appointment this Wednesday. The pain is getting progressively
worse and now I can't move at all without something hurting enough to
make me cry out or wince. Unfortunately by the end of last night I was
in tears but it usually doesn't get that bad unless I move around a lot.
I don't think my OB will have a lot of advice or help for me but if it
keeps getting worse or going the way it is I'm probably going to seek
further help elsewhere because I'm pretty miserable.

Actually here lately things seem to be going pretty badly. Between the
pelvic/pubic/inflammed edema in my rump/sciata pain, stomach upset &
heartburn and now diahrrea, accompanied by a serious inability to sleep
at night which is causing a return of anxiety attacks (used to get them
a lot in college but I thought that I had finally gotten rid of them), I
think it's time I try doing something about all this. Poor DH, he
doesn't know what to do for me and feels pretty helpless.

Angela
EDD #1 5-13-04

Old February 29th 04, 09:34 AM
Cam & Shane

I'm glad you managed the shopping :-) (my fav hobby)

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so crappy - I am due in the middle of May
as well and the pelvic pain is at the annoying stage - anything up hill
hurts - and we live in a two story flat. I've had a few days like you
describe and it is absolutely miserable. It must be awful to be like that
all the time. I hope your OB can help.

I use a homeopathic remedy for anxiety. It works really well when I can't
sleep due to my mind going overtime or if I have to do something I don't
want to do like go to the dentist or hang out in a large crowd. It doesn't
make you sleepy just calms you down. It's by Naturo Pharm and it's called
Panicmed Relief. For me it's been wonderful - and I used to take sleeping
drugs and anti-anxiety medication or anti-depressants. Now I don't need any
traditional medication. It may be just avaiable in NZ - I can always send
some to you if you wanted to give it a go.

Anyway - only 11 weeks to go!!!! Do you know if you are having a boy or a
girl?

Kind regards

Camille
EDD 17 May 2004 - A boy!

Old February 29th 04, 05:40 PM
Karen

A lot of people inclined towards herbals and homeopathy here in the US
use something called Bach's Rescue Remedy. I looked at the ingredients
just the other day, and it looks like a bunch of flower juice, nothing
too outrageous, but I know lots of people swear by it for general stress
and anxiety.

Angela, I'm wondering if you might benefit from some gentle exercise? I
know the idea must sound ludicrous, as it seems every movement causes
great pain for you, but a lot of the issues you are talking about are
things we deal with in my prenatal yoga class. I know I beat the drum
for prenatal yoga pretty frequently here, but I'm telling you it really
gives you some tools to keep pain and discomfort at bay and to relieve
anything chronic. I started at 12 weeks with this pregnancy, but just
last week there were two women joined our class just at the beginning of
their third trimesters, having never done any yoga before at all.

I wouldn't necessarily expect the ob to be able to do much for you than
give you meds or something, rather than being able to show you how to
relieve the pain and discomfort. Worse, I would expect they might just
say for you to stop doing so much and just lie down. We do need to rest,
but we do also need to keep our bodies moving and strong and flexible. I
know other people here would recommend chiropractic, or prenatal massage
for some relief. Maybe a combination of all these things, from
preofssionals in working with the pregnant body and its discomforts,
rather than what a medical doctor might have to offer.

I hope you can feel better soon and find some relief soon.

By the way, do you have an Old Navy with a maternity department near
you? I found n armload of simple but cute tops pretty cheap a couple of
weeks ago.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 1/2 and someone due 4/24/04-

Old February 29th 04, 06:18 PM
Angela Schepers

I've never heard of either product but I can look around and see if I
find anything. And I'm having a boy, or so the ultrasound says. Quinn
Alexander is the name we've chosen. Do you have a name picked out yet?

Old February 29th 04, 07:56 PM
Cam & Shane

"Angela Schepers" wrote in message

I've never heard of either product but I can look around and see if I
find anything. And I'm having a boy, or so the ultrasound says. Quinn
Alexander is the name we've chosen. Do you have a name picked out yet?

I love the names you've chosen. It's soooo hard to choose. He's always
been called Nemo (my friend called him this one day and it's just stuck) - I
hope this will change once he comes out :-)

Letting toddlers put their hands all over glass display cases and windows while shopping...? Renee General 116 July 1st 04 11:39 PM
NC baby shopping (again) Carla Pregnancy 2 February 9th 04 04:21 AM
Baby shopping in NC??? Carla Pregnancy 7 February 6th 04 05:21 AM
X-mass shopping ideas? FaXiA General 4 December 11th 03 05:34 PM
Out shopping.. Leanne Pregnancy 1 November 10th 03 12:49 AM