I like this guy

Old November 24th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
canichangethis

Default I like this guy

Has anyone been reading about what Ron Paul has to say? He has a book
online that I took this from.

Free choice means that the incentive to produce is maximized,
since it's assumed that we can keep the fruits of our labor. In a free
society, an individual benefits from wise and frugal decisions and
suffers the consequences of bad judgment and wasteful habits.

The state should neither guarantee nor tax success, nor
compensate those who fail. The individual must be responsible for all
of his decisions. Because some suffer from acts
outside of their control, we cannot justify the use of violence to
take from someone else to "help out." People in need are not excused
when they rob their neighbors, and government should not be excused
when it does the robbing for them.

Providing for the general welfare means that the general
conditions of freedom must be maintained. It should never be used to
justify specific welfare or any transfer of wealth from one person to
another.

A free society permits narrow self-interest but allows for
compassion and self-sacrifice. Greed, when associated with force or
fraud, is not acceptable. A free society is more likely to survive if
compassion is voluntarily shown for the unfortunate than if the poor
are ignored.

A healthy self-interest associated with a sense of responsibility
for family and friends is far superior to a welfare state built on
foolish self-sacrifice and violent redistribution of wealth.

A society that holds in high esteem the principle of individual
rights is superior in all ways to a society that distorts the meaning
of liberty and condones the use of government coercion.
Old November 24th 07, 03:49 PM posted to alt.child-support
Shadow36

"canichangethis" wrote in message
[...]

I like him too. Not just for this Issue, but just about everything he says.

Old November 24th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

[...]

If Ron Paul ever got elected, he would be shot the day after as there's too
many leeches that depend on government funding.

We have a society that is so addicted to total government rule, they
wouldn't know what to do with themselves if the agency was cut back to bare
basics. Mind you, it couldn't be any worse than what we have now!

Old November 24th 07, 07:07 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

"Shadow36" wrote in message

"canichangethis" wrote in message
Has anyone been reading about what Ron Paul has to say? He has a book
online that I took this from.

Providing for the general welfare means that the general
conditions of freedom must be maintained. It should never be used to
justify specific welfare or any transfer of wealth from one person to
another.

I'm still really amazed that the existence of a system like CS that gives
total government control over an individual is tolerated in a so called free
society that America proclaims to be.

The phrase "the right of the people" or some variation of it appears
repeatedly in the Bill of Rights, and nowhere does it actually mean "the
right of the government." When the Bill of Rights was written and adopted,
the rights that mattered politically were of one sort--an individual's, or a
minority's, right to be free from interference from the state. Today, rights
are most often thought of as an entitlement to receive something from the
state, as opposed to a freedom from interference by the state.

Old November 24th 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

"canichangethis" wrote in message
Has anyone been reading about what Ron Paul has to say?

No but watched many of his rebuttals to the state owned media idiots! :-)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhF...eature=related

Why would not vote for this guy?

Old November 24th 07, 09:04 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"DB" wrote in message
. net...

"canichangethis" wrote in message
Has anyone been reading about what Ron Paul has to say?

No but watched many of his rebuttals to the state owned media idiots! :-)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhF...eature=related

Why would not vote for this guy?

The people who would lose their entitlements?

Old November 25th 07, 04:51 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Nov 24, 5:04 pm, "teachrmama" wrote:
"DB" wrote in message

. net...

"canichangethis" wrote in message
Has anyone been reading about what Ron Paul has to say?

No but watched many of his rebuttals to the state owned media idiots! :-)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhF...eature=related

Why would not vote for this guy?

The people who would lose their entitlements?

He is great! I have read most of his webpage, etc...and agree with
most,
if not all, of what he has to say...Unfortunately, there are too many
people used
to stealing from others for their own gain and they would never vote
for him.
Too many liberals trying to steal from others...
Then there are those so conservative that I'm not sure would give in
to his "liberty" issues...

However, I do believe that he is the best candidate out there...
Old November 26th 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

"whatamess" wrote in

if not all, of what he has to say...Unfortunately, there are too many
people used
to stealing from others for their own gain and they would never vote
for him.
Too many liberals trying to steal from others...
Then there are those so conservative that I'm not sure would give in
to his "liberty" issues...

However, I do believe that he is the best candidate out there...

Unfortunately, I think you are right! There's way too many agencies,
corporations and civil servants that depend on bloated government funds for
their living. The voting process is a joke as it's just a method to put
new puppets in place to serve corporate greed.

I think it was Franklin that stated, "when you take from those who will work
hard and give to those that do not work, it will be the end of the
country!". He wasn't talking about welfare mothers, he was talking about
the bankers and their ilk.

Take 5 minutes and understand why the founding fathers were so afraid of the
bankers.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vFqbTP...eature=related