Help here ASAP

Old April 6th 08, 09:55 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default Help here ASAP

I saw a posting here from a woman who her X Husband isnt paying his
child support because he is disabled, Well i am also disabled and
paying $528.00 a month and all i am left with is $356.50 a month. I
been paying child support since 1997 and i have 2 kids with my X is
texas and one of my kids over there turned 18 july 31th of last year
amd child support did not stop like i heard it was gonna happen when
he gets 18. I sure hope some divorce attorney see's this and see's
that HE/SHE can help me out some. I live in West monroe Louisiana and
i became disabled on 8/28/2004 and since i dont have much money to
make ends meet my wife that i HAD here in west monroe left me because
i dont have much money i cant work or drive a car. If there is any
divorce attorney that see's this and can help me out any, Email me
here at . Thanks ahead of time.
Old April 6th 08, 11:02 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

wrote in message
I saw a posting here from a woman who her X Husband isnt paying his
child support because he is disabled, Well i am also disabled and
paying $528.00 a month and all i am left with is $356.50 a month. I
been paying child support since 1997 and i have 2 kids with my X is
texas and one of my kids over there turned 18 july 31th of last year
amd child support did not stop like i heard it was gonna happen when
he gets 18. I sure hope some divorce attorney see's this and see's
that HE/SHE can help me out some. I live in West monroe Louisiana and
i became disabled on 8/28/2004 and since i dont have much money to
make ends meet my wife that i HAD here in west monroe left me because
i dont have much money i cant work or drive a car. If there is any
divorce attorney that see's this and can help me out any, Email me
here at . Thanks ahead of time.

You know, you don't need an attorney to petition the court to reduce your C$
because one of the kids turned 18. You can do it yourself.

Old April 6th 08, 11:39 PM posted to alt.child-support
Shadow36

wrote in message
I saw a posting here from a woman who her X Husband isnt paying his
child support because he is disabled, Well i am also disabled and
paying $528.00 a month and all i am left with is $356.50 a month. I
been paying child support since 1997 and i have 2 kids with my X is
texas and one of my kids over there turned 18 july 31th of last year
amd child support did not stop like i heard it was gonna happen when
he gets 18. I sure hope some divorce attorney see's this and see's
that HE/SHE can help me out some. I live in West monroe Louisiana and
i became disabled on 8/28/2004 and since i dont have much money to
make ends meet my wife that i HAD here in west monroe left me because
i dont have much money i cant work or drive a car. If there is any
divorce attorney that see's this and can help me out any, Email me
here at . Thanks ahead of time.

Sorry, getting disability doesn't disqualify you from paying child support.
Your numbers indicate you are paying about 60% of your income to child
support. See if thier is free or low cost legal services in your area to
petition to get it lowered.

Old April 7th 08, 08:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Apr 6, 3:55*pm, wrote:
I saw a posting here from a woman who her X Husband isnt paying his
child support because he is disabled, * Well i am also disabled and
paying $528.00 a month and all i am left with is $356.50 a month. *I
been paying child support since 1997 and i have 2 kids with my X is
texas and one of my kids over there turned 18 july 31th of last year
amd child support did not stop like i heard it was gonna happen when
he gets 18. *I sure hope some divorce attorney see's this and see's
that HE/SHE can help me out some. *I live in West monroe Louisiana and
i became disabled on 8/28/2004 and since i dont have much money to
make ends meet my wife that i HAD here in west monroe left me because
i dont have much money i cant work or drive a car. *If there is any
divorce attorney that see's this and can help me out any, *Email me
here at . *Thanks ahead of time.

Ah, that SOB Attorney General...he has an entire page with all kinds
of questions
for parents...funny, it seems that after the Observer article, he put
out all kinds of new
BS pamphlets for non-custodial parents...except not A SINGLE ONE talks
about
HOW TO STOP child support when the kid reaches 18...

Old April 7th 08, 08:40 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Apr 6, 3:55 pm, wrote:
I saw a posting here from a woman who her X Husband isnt paying his
child support because he is disabled, Well i am also disabled and
paying $528.00 a month and all i am left with is $356.50 a month. I
been paying child support since 1997 and i have 2 kids with my X is
texas and one of my kids over there turned 18 july 31th of last year
amd child support did not stop like i heard it was gonna happen when
he gets 18. I sure hope some divorce attorney see's this and see's
that HE/SHE can help me out some. I live in West monroe Louisiana and
i became disabled on 8/28/2004 and since i dont have much money to
make ends meet my wife that i HAD here in west monroe left me because
i dont have much money i cant work or drive a car. If there is any
divorce attorney that see's this and can help me out any, Email me
here at . Thanks ahead of time.

After my vent, here's my reply...You will need to check with the CS
office that the order
is with, I found this on a website for Travis County in Texas...There
are NO forms here...
and also, they will not stop if you have past due child support being
collected.

In addition, the law in Texas states that any money NOT OWED to the
Custodial Parent,
the custodial parent MUST return to the obligor...So if you have no
arrears, you can
take her to small claims court (if it's under 5K I think in Texas,
you'll have to check) and
have her refund you the money if she won't do it otherwise...I can
send you the law info
if you need it...let me know.

PS - child support in Texas ends when the kid is 18 and has graduated
highschool...
if they have not graduated, and they are 18, you still have to pay...

Also, do you know the name of the school your child attends or
attended? If they have
not graduated, I recommend that you go and get the school to give you
ALL records,
you are entitled unless your custody order says otherwise, so that YOU
can make
sure you know when they graduate...custodial parents will normally sit
on their behinds
on this, so you should get YOUR proof and not wait for her to show the
CSA office
the proof...

Again, the number below might not apply to you...check to see what
county/phone
you need to contact. If they actually have a FORM, I would try to get
one to make
sure they don't later come up with "he never called"...you know they
hate stopping
the money coming in...or otherwise, send them a certified letter
asking for the
support to stop, etc. so that if you have to take it to court, there
is proof that
you did contact them...EVERYTHING you discuss with those morons should
be
followed up with a certified letter...

As far as how much they are taking out of your check, that sounds
ridiculous...
I don't believe they can take more than 50% unless you have arrears...

If he has NOT graduated, you need to call the idiots at child support
and request
a reduction immediately...again, follow up with a letter...more than
likely, they'll sit
on it forever and never granted, but at least you'll have a record of
it...

How do I close my domestic relations account when my child support
obligations have ended?

QUESTION: My child has turned 18 years of age and will be graduating
from high school next month so how do I close my Domestic Relations
Office account?
or
My child graduated from high school today and will turn 18 years of
age next month so how so I close my Domestic Relations Office account?
or
My child has turned 18 years of age and dropped out of high school so
how do I close my Domestic Relations Office account?

ANSWER: You need to immediately contact the Domestic Relations Office,
854-9696, to speak to your enforcement officer in order to provide
your child's emancipation information to him/her. Upon receipt of this
information your enforcement officer will contact the payee, by
telephone or mail, to verify that your child will be graduating from
high school, has turned 18 years of age, etc. Since this process takes
approximately 15 days please contact your enforcement officer AT LEAST
30 DAYS BEFORE your child's graduation date or 18th birthday.