passed one test, failed one test

Old September 19th 04, 10:56 PM
Tara

Default passed one test, failed one test

I passed the one hour glucose test last week, which was a huge relief.
Don't ask me why, but I had managed to get myself all worried about
gestational diabetes, so this is a big load off my shoulders.

But, at the same time, I found out I am anemic. I've been feeling
fine, so who knew? I'm taking my Slow Fe now and all's well.

Tara
Old September 19th 04, 11:21 PM
Mary S.

Tara wrote:
I passed the one hour glucose test last week, which was a huge relief.
Don't ask me why, but I had managed to get myself all worried about
gestational diabetes, so this is a big load off my shoulders.

Congrats! It's funny how we can convince ourselves that X or Y will be
our particular issue, even though there's no reason to think that.

But, at the same time, I found out I am anemic. I've been feeling
fine, so who knew? I'm taking my Slow Fe now and all's well.

Iron pills did wonders for my iron levels. Don't take it with dairy,
and do take it with vitamin C -- one inhibits and the other aids
absorption. Good luck!

Mary S.

Old September 20th 04, 09:26 PM
Mary S.

Rebecca McGraw wrote:

Nasty how?
I ask because my OB just started me on iron for being slightly anemic.

They cause constipation in a lot of people (though I've never had a
problem with them).

Mary S.

Old September 20th 04, 09:33 PM
Beach mum

Depending on how anemic you are and whether you eat red meat, you may be
able to up your red meat intake rather than taking iron pills. I only
mention this because I'm always borderline anemic unless I'm eating red meat
twice a week. Iron pills do nasty things to me so I try to avoid them. HTH

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old September 20th 04, 10:45 PM
Tara

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:33:45 GMT, "Beach mum"
wrote:

Depending on how anemic you are and whether you eat red meat, you may be
able to up your red meat intake rather than taking iron pills.

I normally love red meat, but I have had an aversion to it since about
week twelve. I'm sure that contributed to my low iron levels.

Tara
Old September 21st 04, 12:22 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Beach mum wrote:

Iron pills do nasty things to me so I try to avoid them. HTH

Nasty how?
I ask because my OB just started me on iron for being slightly anemic. I
ate red meat like crazy for the first 15 or so weeks but now I'm off it
again...I generally don't care for red meat, so I guess it counts as my
pregnancy craving. But I can maybe force some down if the iron pills
don't agree with me.

Thx
-Rebecca

Old September 21st 04, 02:26 AM
Cathy

Mary S. wrote:
Rebecca McGraw wrote:

Nasty how?
I ask because my OB just started me on iron for being slightly
anemic.

They cause constipation in a lot of people (though I've never had a
problem with them).

Mary S.

You're lucky - I lived on All Bran for the last 10 weeks last time. I think
it depends on the type of pill doesn't it?

Cathy

Old September 21st 04, 12:19 PM
Rebecca McGraw

Mary S. wrote:
Rebecca McGraw wrote:

Nasty how?
I ask because my OB just started me on iron for being slightly anemic.

They cause constipation in a lot of people (though I've never had a
problem with them).

Mary S.

I had heard about the constipation, but I've been real friendly with the
Raisin Bran and gallons of water since this pregnancy started anyway. I
was worried more about if "nasty" meant nausea or something, because I
certainly DON'T want more of that!!

-Rebecca