CS Worker Jailed Theft

Old April 2nd 08, 02:38 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default CS Worker Jailed Theft

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps...NEWS/804010326

Oregon CS worker got 120 days in jail for her role in stealing over $10,000
from inactive accounts. Her fiancé accomplice got 60 days. Both got 5
years probation.

I am fully in favor of jailing these thieves, but what I can't understand is
how CSE can find NCP's to collect CS, but can't find CP's to receive the CS
already collected. This case just shows you where the CSE priorities are
focused.

Old April 2nd 08, 03:03 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Apr 1, 9:38*pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps...ID=/20080401/N...

Oregon CS worker got 120 days in jail for her role in stealing over $10,000
from inactive accounts. *Her fiancé accomplice got 60 days. *Both got 5
years probation.

I am fully in favor of jailing these thieves, but what I can't understand is
how CSE can find NCP's to collect CS, but can't find CP's to receive the CS
already collected. *This case just shows you where the CSE priorities are
focused.

The CSE office does NOT make money from sending money to CPs, the CSE
office makes money from COLLECTING from NCPs...thus, they really don't
care
about the children...just lining their pockets with your tax dollars.
Old April 3rd 08, 02:18 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message
[...]

--------------------

I agree with your comment about how the money flows from NCP's, and I know
from experience that is a priority for the legislature and senior CSE
managers. But CSE has an internal conflict about priorities because case
workers identify very strongly with mothers and children and thus consider
them to be their constituency on whose behalf they act. Those conflicts of
interest are the root cause for many of the problems people report within
the CS system.

It has been my experience that CSE managers will work with NCP's who reach
out to them and they are more than willing to agree to father-friendly
payment proposals. The case workers, on the other hand, have a bias in
favor of CP mothers and children. That is why NCP fathers get the snotty
comments from them like those related on another recent thread here.

It took me a while to figure this out, but once I started dealing directly
with the CSE managers and the grievance coordinators, and they ran
interference for me with their case workers, things went very smoothly in my
case.

Old April 3rd 08, 03:35 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On Apr 2, 9:18*pm, "Bob Whiteside" wrote:
"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

By the way, this CSE worker should've received the same amount of jail
time
that an NCP owing 10K would receive...
Old April 3rd 08, 04:10 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

That was my thought, too. And they should have had their wages garnished
for a certain amount per month based on their salary at CSE, then been told
that amount would not be lowered when they could only get a job at McDonalds
after being fired from CSE. And if they had to live in a rathole because
they were not left with enought money to live on, they should have had the
amount they were charged per month raised, and been told to get another job
or two to supplement their income so they could pay, pay, pay!

Old April 3rd 08, 04:58 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

or two to supplement their income so they could pay, pay, pay!- Hide quoted text -

you're too funny teachrmama...but I agree!
Old April 3rd 08, 05:04 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

The good news is the state auditors finally figured out the ReliaCard Stored
Value CS payment system is filled with flaws. This is just another
government program run amok! The CS money went to whoever had the PIN for
the account and they could get access to the money at any U.S. Bank branch
in any state.

Some big questions are -

Why did a CS justice department employee have access to two or more private
citizen's PIN's needed to gain access to CS payments?

Why did it take the obligee asking CSE about where her CS money was if, as
CSE administration claimed, they couldn't find her? Didn't she find them?

Why were two cases singled out for compromise by thieves? How many more are
there?

What was CSE management's role in allowing this theft? Didn't they
recommend a flawed payment process?

How much political liability does the state Attorney General have for
allowing this loophole to occur and then cover the legal costs to prosecute
the offenders for his own malfeasance in managing his department?

p.s. I testified before the Oregon House Judiciary Committee right after
the State AG regarding shifting CSE from HHS to the Justice Department and
pointed out some of the flaws. The legislature gave him the new powers
anyway. He testified the change was "revenue neutral." This is an example
of the AG getting the unexpected consequences, i.e. paying for prosecutions
of employees within his own department. If that is "revenue neutral" I'll
eat my hat!

Old April 3rd 08, 05:29 AM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

eat my hat!- Hide quoted text -

Ah, don't get me started on the debit card mess...I actually searched
"ripoffreport.org" once
and found quite a few "complaints" of rip offs and poor CPs
complaining that X, Y or Z company
had used "their child support money" or stolen it because they tried
to buy something and
then could not get a refund, etc...How nice...one was used for a
MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION...
I can assure you that really helps the child...One day when I have a
better internet connection,
I'll go through as many as possible and post them all...hehe

Another complained about one of those "start your own business" BS
scams on TV
that she gave her "CHILD SUPPORT DEBIT CARD NUMBER" to...amazing!
Old April 3rd 08, 05:49 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

..
..

"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

Or simply turn the children over to them. After all, if they get to to have
the "child support" money, then they get to have the accompanying children
too.

Old April 3rd 08, 05:55 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

--

"whatamess" wrote in message

[...]

For the greedy, how much money is enough? One dollar more. And remember, a
fool and their money will soon part.