Toddler bedding?

Old September 8th 03, 12:15 PM
Carole MacDonald

Default Toddler bedding?

Alex (25 months) isn't ready for a bed yet, but we want to get him
used to having a pillow and blanket/comforter in the crib now.
Unfortunately, I can't find any bedding that fits a crib mattress that
isn't for infants. And "crib blankets" aren't large enough to tuck in
sufficiently. Since toddler beds are the same size, I figured I could
get that and use it in the crib, but none of the department stores or
linen stores carry such bedding. Nor can we find a toddler sized
pillow.

Anyone have any suggestions where to find bedding for toddler beds?

Thanks,
Carole
Old September 8th 03, 04:24 PM
Nikki

Carole MacDonald wrote:
Alex (25 months) isn't ready for a bed yet, but we want to get him
used to having a pillow and blanket/comforter in the crib now.
Unfortunately, I can't find any bedding that fits a crib mattress that
isn't for infants. And "crib blankets" aren't large enough to tuck in
sufficiently. Since toddler beds are the same size, I figured I could
get that and use it in the crib, but none of the department stores or
linen stores carry such bedding. Nor can we find a toddler sized
pillow.

Anyone have any suggestions where to find bedding for toddler beds?

I would suggest looking for a generic small blanket, like a couch throw.
I've seen a lot of blankets in the child section and I assumed they were
smaller then a couch throw but larger then a crib comforter but I've never
purchased one so don't know for sure. I never used a toddler bed but I
assumed people moved the crib bedding to the toddler bed. Our Wal-Mart
carries 'Travel Size' pillows that would make a good size toddler pillow.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old September 8th 03, 05:40 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Carole MacDonald wrote:

Alex (25 months) isn't ready for a bed yet, but we want to get him
used to having a pillow and blanket/comforter in the crib now.
Unfortunately, I can't find any bedding that fits a crib mattress that
isn't for infants. And "crib blankets" aren't large enough to tuck in
sufficiently. Since toddler beds are the same size, I figured I could
get that and use it in the crib, but none of the department stores or
linen stores carry such bedding. Nor can we find a toddler sized
pillow.

Anyone have any suggestions where to find bedding for toddler beds?

Babies R Us has bedding for cribs/toddler beds.

But DD likes the throw we got at Sears. It's not as big as a twin
blanket, but it covers her sufficiently. For DD (he's 3 months), I
actually use a fleece remanant (sp?) - it's not quite a yard, maybe 24
inches by 45 inches - as a blanket.

Jeanne

Old September 8th 03, 06:11 PM
Laura Faussone

Carole MacDonald wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions where to find bedding for toddler beds?

My daughter uses a fleece couch throw on her toddler bed. She also uses a
regular pillow but it's pretty flat. I've seen small pillows in some of
the catalogs I get, like www.potterybarnkids.com

Laura

Old September 8th 03, 09:09 PM
HollyLewis

Alex (25 months) isn't ready for a bed yet, but we want to get him
used to having a pillow and blanket/comforter in the crib now.

Just IMO, but I wouldn't put a pillow and comforter in a crib. Too easy for a
toddler to either use them to climb out, or get his head under a pillow wedged
against the crib rail. (Whereas, in a bed the pillow just falls off if it gets
knocked to one side, so there's no suffocation risk.)

Why do you think he's not ready for a bed? If he wants a pillow and blankets,
he probably is.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
Old September 8th 03, 09:49 PM
hobbes

"Carole MacDonald" wrote in message
om...
Alex (25 months) isn't ready for a bed yet, but we want to get him
used to having a pillow and blanket/comforter in the crib now.
Unfortunately, I can't find any bedding that fits a crib mattress that
isn't for infants. And "crib blankets" aren't large enough to tuck in
sufficiently. Since toddler beds are the same size, I figured I could
get that and use it in the crib, but none of the department stores or
linen stores carry such bedding. Nor can we find a toddler sized
pillow.

Anyone have any suggestions where to find bedding for toddler beds?

Thanks,
Carole

I've seen toddler-sized pillows at One Step Ahead: www.onestepahead.com

We just use an adult-sized pillow that is fairly flat for DS. It takes up
1/4 of his crib, but we had a smaller pillow for him, and the chances of his
head actually ending up on it once he fell asleep were pretty small.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (2 years, 6 months) & Arwen (4 months)

Old September 9th 03, 04:09 PM
lynn

In article ,
(Carole MacDonald) wrote:

Alex (25 months) isn't ready for a bed yet, but we want to get him
used to having a pillow and blanket/comforter in the crib now.
Unfortunately, I can't find any bedding that fits a crib mattress that
isn't for infants. And "crib blankets" aren't large enough to tuck in
sufficiently. Since toddler beds are the same size, I figured I could
get that and use it in the crib, but none of the department stores or
linen stores carry such bedding. Nor can we find a toddler sized
pillow.

Anyone have any suggestions where to find bedding for toddler beds?

Thanks,
Carole

We have a toddler bed that DS moved into at 2.5 years old. It's a low
bed with rails with a crib-sized mattress. I had the same question as
you, and I was particularly wondering about top sheets. I searched the
net and bought this set:

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...ng/toddler_bed
ding/6201

I liked this one because it was all cotton, and no commercial
characters. Also the ends of the sheet and blanket are tailored to fit
the end of the crib mattress so they don't come untucked easily.

You can go to to babycenter.com and search for "toddler bedding" to see
more choices. Or lots of other baby or bedding websites like
babysupermall.com or www.blanketwarehouse.com, and you can also search
on e-bay - I bought extra sheets there.

For pillows, we used a pillow that is meant to fill a couch throw pillow
cover. You can buy them at linen stores or craft stores, I think.

(FWIW, the toddler bed was a gift. If we hadn't had it already, I
would've just moved DS to a regular twin mattress on the floor, and used
twin-sized bedding. Later I would have put the mattress onto a raised
bed, but the floor would be fine for a little one.)

- Lynn