My excellent idea... : )

Old October 12th 04, 07:11 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default My excellent idea... : )

MY EXCELLENT IDEA : )

I think Amy was saying that, rather than using a side-lying support device,
she would rather have a birth support person hold up her leg in a side-lying
position...

Cathy Weeks noted:

"I delivered in the side-lying position
at home, and my husband and
best friend took turns holding up my leg - it DOES get tired, and so
did they - a leg isn't exactly a light-weight appendage!"
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ing.google.com

I was driving on the freeway today and it suddenly hit me that slings could
be easily fashioned for support persons to wear over their shoulders - sort
of like a "Snuggly" (for holding a baby in front) - but maybe wider for the
laboring woman's superior leg?

Maybe it's not such an an excellent idea - or if it is - I wasn't the first
to think of it and people are already doing it?

Anyone know?

Todd

Trying to understand - some personal issues based on experience Stuart Magpie Spanking 4 August 4th 04 11:15 AM
Dr. Sussman: Semisitting delivery is NOT a bright idea Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 May 12th 04 03:23 PM
sleeping idea Rosie Breastfeeding 2 September 3rd 03 02:09 PM
Idea opinions wanted! Mary E. Hill Pregnancy 5 July 18th 03 03:03 PM
Excellent News!!! Paul Griffiths Single Parents 9 July 10th 03 08:11 AM