princess tea party

Old June 29th 04, 09:13 PM
KimandJuan

Default princess tea party

Hello all!

I am planning Alexis' 5th bday party. I wanted to get some ideas from all you
party throwing geniuses =)
I plan to serve PBJ's cut into crowns. With lemonade int the tea cups. Then
let the girls decorate their own crown shaped cookies for dessert, but then we
won't have cake which I don't think is going to fly with Alexis.
I was think we could decorate crowns with jewels for a craft. Or make beaded
bracelets??? Has any one ever seen craft cardboard crowns similar to the ones
that Burger king gives?
I have a list of 8 girls including Alexis they range from 4-5 with two 9 year
old helpers. Should I have parents drop off or stay with the children? I was
thinking of implying that it was a mommy and me type of party. So that just
moms and girls would attend, without siblings. Is that rude?

Any game ideas?

Sorry this is so choppy, can you tell I am overwhelmed?!?!
~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/
Old June 30th 04, 12:54 AM
shirley

I always found an extra hand or two (other than the 9 year olds), comes in
handy. Plus, I think a girl/mom tea party sounds wonderful. Have a great
time

Shirley

Old June 30th 04, 03:28 AM
Kender

Morgan and Megan had a tea party for their 6 year birthday. I think 5 is the
age when the drop off birthdays start if they haven't already. I think if
the parents stayed you would have 15+ people, that's a lot.

Here's one of the sites I used:
http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birt...dayparty2.html

Couple of things we did:
1. I went to Goodwill and got tea cups and saucers for $.50 each. These
became party favors after they were dried off.
2. I hung paper flowers over the table. If you are interested I can email
you a picture. It actually looked really cool. We also got those paper doily
place mats which the girls loved.
3. The invites told the kids to dress up. When they arrived we had someone
doing make-up in the basement. This would be good for one of the 9 year
olds.
4. I took individual pictures of all the attendees with a digital camera and
these were included with the thank you notes later.
5. I found blank white paper fans at the craft store and the kids decorated
them with markers.
6. We played a bingo game with pictures rather then letters. The winner won
the teapot (bought at Goodwill) used earlier. I got the bingo game on-line
and printed the sheets out our on our printer

I will let you know if I remember anything else. The girls will probably
remember more then me. Evan went to a birthday party on Saturday and the mom
made egg salad and pb&j sandwiches. The egg salad sandwiches were gone in
minutes and the pb&j didn't have a dent in them. I am making them for our
next party!
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Old June 30th 04, 05:43 PM
Ellen Kmetz

I agree that it'll be too many people if the moms stay, but you can certainly
give the option. Some moms/kids are still just more comfortable doing that at
that age.

My DD went to a princess party at age 5 and all the girls dressed up like
princesses (that was stated on the invitation). That was a huge hit! The
parents set up a "throne" and took each girl's polaroid for them to take home.
As for the cake thing...you can have the girls decorate the cookies to take
home, and have cupcakes for them to eat there. Kind of kills two birds.

You can make the crowns out of posterboard and buy the jewels for them to put
on, or try birthdayexpress.com for crafts.

Good luck!

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95