Happy birthday to Rena and Colin (Ericka's son)

Old August 15th 03, 03:35 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default Happy birthday to Rena and Colin (Ericka's son)

slowly wrote:

Hope it's a lovely day for you both

It was! Colin had a great day. On Wednesday he
had his birthday party with friends at a nearby water
park, which was a huge hit. It had been scheduled
for Monday, but we were rained out. On Wednesday,
we barely scraped by. The park had closed briefly
due to thunder, but reopened right before the party
started. Then more thunder happened just a few minutes
before the park was to close! We managed to get the party
wedged into the three hour stretch between thunder scares ;-)
The kids had so much fun playing in the water that they
didn't even want to open presents at the party. The only
downside was that it was hot and muggy for those of us
holding down the party fort instead of playing in the
water. Boy, do I hate nursing out in muggy heat!
(Yes, I'm a wimp. I aspire to be a delicate flower
requiring air conditioned comfort at all times ;-)
On Thursday we had the family celebration,
with dinner and cake and such at my parents home.
Also, Michael's parents and two nieces are in town
because Genevieve's baptism is this weekend, so
Colin had a bigger crowd than usual to celebrate
with him. He had a great time. My sister took
him away to the beach for a weekend last weekend
for his birthday present, and next weekend my parents
are taking him out for an outing. He's pretty much
on top of the world ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka