#2-highest paid DCSE Attorney/employee calls stay-at-home dad "a babysitter"

Old May 12th 06, 12:57 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default #2-highest paid DCSE Attorney/employee calls stay-at-home dad "a babysitter"

The "Regional Special Counsel" for Virginia's Division of Child Support
Enforcement, NANCY CRAWFORD, referred to me as "a babysitter" in a
contempt review I had on this past Thursday.

I nearly fell out of my chair thinking about what a woman would have
done if she had been referred to in the same light.

FWIW, Virginia's General Assembly killed legislation that would have
allowed fathers to pay their child support payments in advance.

BTW, Ms. Crawford's email address is

Why not send her an email and let her know wht you think about child
support - even if you're a spambot?

Old May 12th 06, 02:53 PM posted to alt.child-support

If you would be a bit more specific about what she said, I would definitely
comment to her about this insult. What was the context in which she
referred to you as a "babysitter"?

ups.com...

Old May 12th 06, 03:09 PM posted to alt.child-support

Another ****

Old May 12th 06, 03:28 PM posted to alt.child-support

She was questioning me as to whether I could put both of my sons into
daycare, rather than my babysitting them while my wife is at work. Of
course, since DCSE f****d up my credit, I can't even get a nighttime
stocking position at a Lowes.

Old May 12th 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.child-support

This is the SECOND DCSE attorney who's told me to put my kids in
daycare so I can get a job...funny thing is assuming I could get a job
that pays $24,000 GROSS, all of that would be taken to pay the
$500/week it would cost to pay for daycare.

Remembering of course that I was $1700 AHEAD of the court's order when
they tried to jail me last time for four months...this contempt charge
was brought by DCSE about 16 days after I paid a $10,000 purge clause
by my wife having to liquidate her retirement account, plus the $7,000
in penalties we had to pay both the IRS and the managing company of the
account for early liquidation.

DCSE's claim this time was that I failed to make the July payment...of
course, the filed the Motion on the 6th of July, leaving 25 days
remaining in the month.

Just remember, child support enforcement is almost never about the
kids...it's about the state making money...about $342 a month from the
federal incentives on my account for one child alone.