Rottweiler kills 5yo in MA foster home

Old August 25th 04, 02:33 PM
Fern5827

Default Rottweiler kills 5yo in MA foster home

Yup...transpired a couple of years ago.

DSS was going to implement new regulations about dogs and foster homes at the
time. Don't know if it ever happened.

Old August 26th 04, 04:51 PM
Ron

So, if it happened so long ago fern, and without a link to support the claim
you make, what should we make of this? Another jump on the band wagon
attempting to blame foster parents and CPS for all the ill's of the world?

After all, its no more or less than what you have been doing for the last 4
years, right?

Ron

Old August 26th 04, 05:21 PM
Justin

We need more good families to become foster parents. We need to keep
trashy, irresponsible families from becoming foster parents. We need more
CPS workers doing unaanounced foster home visits.

Old August 27th 04, 11:45 AM
Fern5827

Hi, Justin.

Unfortunately, it is absolutely true and current that 20 DCF WORKERS DID NOT
spot that a 10 yo girl weighed only 29#.

It is absoutely true that Rilya's cw never even VISITED THE HOME, and that she
was in fact, working another job at the time.

Would your supervisor know if you WERE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE ON COMPANY TIME?

The culture at DCF is not amenable to helpful interventions taking place.
Either b/c of overload, excuses, alienation or whatever.

CPS is not structured to help. Basically it is structured to be an adjunct in
the WOD.

Justin believes:

Subject: Rottweiler kills 5yo in MA foster home
From: Justin justin1138@REMOVEnet
Date: 8/26/2004 12:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Old August 27th 04, 12:32 PM
Sherman

"Ron" wrote in message
So, if it happened so long ago fern, and without a link to support the

claim
you make, what should we make of this? Another jump on the band wagon
attempting to blame foster parents and CPS for all the ill's of the world?

After all, its no more or less than what you have been doing for the last

4
years, right?

Ron

Yep, that's been my observation. Along with her bogus claims to have been
some kind of a foster parent herself which is untrue. I no longer respond
to any of it's posts directly after the flagrant, ignorant and blatant
bigotry and prejudice it proclaimed here.

Sherman.

Old August 28th 04, 07:27 PM
Kane

ndOn 27 Aug 2004 10:45:36 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Hi, Justin.

Unfortunately, it is absolutely true and current that 20 DCF WORKERS

DID NOT
spot that a 10 yo girl weighed only 29#.

And how many cases are there of this kind? And what reforms would you
institute to avoid them in the future?

It is absoutely true that Rilya's cw never even VISITED THE HOME, and

that she
was in fact, working another job at the time.

How many such cases are there? Considering the number of cases of
misconduct in other government agencies and in the public sector
businesses, I'd say CPS comes out smelling rather Rosey, Rosey.

Would your supervisor know if you WERE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE ON

COMPANY TIME?

Not if the worker could go into the field and not have to account for
his time. On the other hand, we don't really know the mechanics of how
that worker pulled off such a stunt.

Exactly how many cases such as this, where CPS workers held another
job on state time can you come up with and prove, Plant? Are you aware
that many executives, appointees, in government service, can take on
more than one PAID job for government at a time?

The culture at DCF is not amenable to helpful interventions taking

place.

Wrong. That is the lifeblood of CPS. They, far more than you, oh
ignorant Plant, are aware of and decry the shortage of resources for
families....while your buddy The Magnificent One, calls those that
provide those services "Jackboots."

Either b/c of overload, excuses, alienation or whatever.

Nope. The only cause is underfunding...which translates as too few
workers for too many cases...and too little opportunity to train
adequately. ON the contrary. CPS workers do what NO OTHERS are
doing....such as YOU...that is sending people to the appropriate
resources needed.

YEW just babble and whine and blame and complain and offer NO workable
solutions. You are a just another bloodsucker.

CPS is not structured to help.

Wrong. That is precisely it's structure. It not only, as the police
do, enforces the law, but has a built-in services component the police
do NOT. Something your little asshole buddy might want to give some
consideration to in his rush to a police state solution to child
protection.

The instant the taxpayer sees an opportunity to throw away the social
work component do you assholes thing they WON'T?

Basically it is structured to be an adjunct in
the WOD.

CPS has zero to do with the WOD. Most workers I've discussed this with
HATE the WOD as they see it as complicite in the abuses and neglect
that have come out of criminalizing drugs and forcing addicts to
become criminals and focus their energy and attention away from child
care.

Justin believes:

"Believes?" No, he points out facts. Or are you saying we DON'T need
those things he lists?

Yer a dunce and a hinderance to real reform of CPS. You lie. You
mislead, and once again I've caught you in another post giving legal
advice...dangerous legal advice.

Without any caveat at all, without any instructions as to how, you
have told people to turn CPS away from their door..."don't let them
in," you said.

We all know here, but newbies do not, the full story on this issue and
how to proceed under the varying circumstances that can be invovled,
and do so much more safely.

YOU encourage them to possibly break the law....no mention of looking
up the local statutes. No mention of how to conduct one's refusal. No
mention that one cannot turn away someone with a warrant.

IN other words, you are a danger to families...and we know you are
also a danger to children by what you advocate and support as Liberty
Interest of the abusive parents. YOU HAVE NEVER ONCE, in all the years
you have posted, invoked as an argument or to support an argument, THE
LIBERTY INTERESTS OF THE CHILD TO BE PROTECTED FROM ABUSIVE PARENTS.

Now why IS that Cacti?

Other than you are a social misfit with delusions of grandeur and a
convenient target in a government agency?

Kane

Old August 28th 04, 09:46 PM
Fern5827

A caseworker, can....??? c'mon.

Really? That's called theft.

Considering the number of cases of
misconduct in other government agencies and in the public sector
businesses, I'd say CPS comes out smelling rather Rosey, Rosey.

Funny the ABA doesn't feel that wzy. Nor does the general public.

DSS is uniformly dissed.

Are you aware
that many executives, appointees, in government service, can take on
more than one PAID job for government at a time?

CPS workers are executives now?

96% of what DCF investigates is NONSENSE.

You could probably make out better defunding 80% of the drones and establishing
Preschool (free) for children.

You are a just another bloodsucker.

Bloodsucker? CPS sucks the living blood from taxpayers, and lawsuits
impoverish them.

And they will be expanding, since folks are not as easily intimidated as
formerly.

Your language is not appreciated. Weren't you taught civility?

No brains.

No manners.

No class.

The instant the taxpayer sees an opportunity to throw away the social
work component do you assholes thing they WON'T?

These employees ARE NOT LICENSED, DEGREED SOCIAL WORKERS.

Were they sw they should abide by SW Code of Ethics.

IN some states they have only a HS diploma.

iving legal
advice...dangerous legal advice.

Because CPS is the most poorly supervised, dully conceived, money-wasting,
compilation of drones and do-nothings THAT HAS ONLY BEEN IN EXISTENCE SINCE
AROUND 1970.

Funny how families managed to get along without 'em before.

Old August 30th 04, 02:21 PM
bobb

Kane posted....

Research findings support the efficacy of social work education for
public-sector child welfare practice. The following are highlights of
several key studies:

* A national study of job requirements for child welfare workers
found that turnover was consistently higher in States that do not
require any academic social work preparation for child welfare
positions and is consistently lower in States that require an M.S.W.8
* A Florida study suggested that workers without education in
child welfare work were most likely to leave before 1 year.9
* A study by Hess, Folaron, and Jefferson found that caseworker
turnover was a major factor in failed reunification efforts.10
* A Maryland study found that having an M.S.W. degree appeared to
be the best predictor of overall performance in social service work.11
* A study of social service workers in Kentucky found that staff
members with social work degrees were better prepared for their work
than those without them.12
* Abers, Reilly, and Rittner found that child welfare staff with
B.S.W. and M.S.W. degrees were more effective in developing successful
permanency plans for children who had been in foster care for more
than 2 years than were staff without these degrees.13"

Studies.. studies .. .studies. None of the above are really profound. The
out-comes are as expected... and may be applied to any profession. Getting
though school is one thing.. reality is another. Many people do not work
within their degree and leave for various reasons.

Young people who enter into social work are just that.. young and deficient
in worldly wisdom or informed judgment. They are not prepared for the
emotional involments... the legalities... or the long hours... and move on.

Studies that show caseworker turnover is a major factor in failed
reunification efforts is an indictment of the CPS system. Does General
Motor quite making care just because an emplyee quites? A supervisor
should be able to step and and pick up the peices...or assign someone who
can.

"States that do not require any academic social work preparation for child
welfare positions and is consistently lower in States that require an
M.S.W." This is flawed on its face. There is a huge difference between
'none' and an M.S.W. This suggests even the barest of education.. probably
not even high school and even leaves out B.S.W. There's nothing like
putting an ill-equipped, under-educated person in a position of
responsibilty and expecting success.

"Child welfare staff with B.S.W. and M.S.W. degrees were more effective in
developing successful permanency plans for children who had been in foster
care for more
than 2 years than were staff without these degrees" . Now this is really
comparing apples to oranges. Notice the qualifier... kids in foster care for
more than 2 years. Anyone will tell you that a child in foster care for
more than two years is beyond the early trials and tribulations. Strange as
it may seem.. two years is also the time that gives standing to foster
parents.. and probably permancy for the child. Wow.. watta plan they can
develop...but shouldn't we credit the foster parent instead?

I would suggest those degrees outside of social worker, or those who have
considerable experience... could very well do a great job absent an M.S.W.
Considering the brain-washing schools many of these students attend...
others may well do an even better job.

Studys, the likes of which you refer.. are self-serving and not objective.
I would suggest there are many people... absent a teaching certificate could
be great teachers if given the opportunity. I mean, a Masters to teach 1st
grade? Oh, I forgot... there's a money motive...not true dedication.

bobb

bobb

Old August 30th 04, 08:58 PM
Kane

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:21:56 -0500, "bobb" bob@somewhere wrote:

[...]

So what would be profound, bobber, your pontificating?

The
out-comes are as expected... and may be applied to any profession.

Yep. Funny how you say that here, but seem to forget that this would
be true for CPS work as well.

Getting
though school is one thing.. reality is another. Many people do not

work
within their degree and leave for various reasons.

Yep. Seems like sameoh sameoh, no?

Young people who enter into social work are just that.. young and

deficient
in worldly wisdom or informed judgment.

Myself, I've been looking for years for no young, that is older
people, not deficient in worldly wisdom, to go to school then do
social work. Funny thing is THERE ARE A GREAT MANY OF THEM that work
for CPS already who did exactly that.

They are not prepared for the
emotional involments... the legalities... or the long hours... and

move on.

And many who do not.

What cure do you see, bobber the swift, or are you just waxing
philosophical at our expense, again?

Studies that show caseworker turnover is a major factor in failed
reunification efforts is an indictment of the CPS system.

Yep, they do seem short funded, and have to hire who they can at a
somewhat lower standard. I'm sure they could attract more experienced
and educated workers, but the question is, from where that did not
have the same issue? At some point someone has to be new and
inexperienced to grow older and gain experience.

Just how is that to be accomplished in child wefare settings, bobber
the swift? Or are they springing full grown from the forehead of Zeus
in your land of fantasy?

Does General
Motor quite making care just because an emplyee quites? A

supervisor
should be able to step and and pick up the peices...or assign someone

who
can.

Interesting thought. What do you think actually happens? And since the
turn over is so high, and everyone, (that includes the supers and
other workers) is so overloaded, who will be assigned that won't
likely have the same problems the one who left had?

"States that do not require any academic social work preparation for

child
welfare positions and is consistently lower in States that require an
M.S.W." This is flawed on its face. There is a huge difference

between
'none' and an M.S.W. This suggests even the barest of education..

probably
not even high school and even leaves out B.S.W. There's nothing like
putting an ill-equipped, under-educated person in a position of
responsibilty and expecting success.

Ah, once again, ingnorance and stupidity. It doesn't say that swifty.
I just says undereducated in SOCIAL WORK PREPARATION, not "'none.'"

It "suggests" nothing of the kind. They do not use those without even
a highschool education as CASEWORKERS. Clerical, yep, sometimes. But
not even human service AIDES that have zero casework responsibility
lack at least highshool.

In fact in many states they are required to have directly related AA
degree. And the state community colleges provide that training. I
helped design and oversee such a plan myself in the distant past.

Got a stupid instructor fired too, for bigotry just like yours. She
insisted on and defended using a text book on human development so old
and out of date it actually used the word "pickaninny" to describe
black children. Some of the other crap in it, and in her
instruction, was equally offensive.

"Child welfare staff with B.S.W. and M.S.W. degrees were more

effective in
developing successful permanency plans for children who had been in

foster
care for more
than 2 years than were staff without these degrees" . Now this is

really
comparing apples to oranges.

Attempts to pontificate often miss the point. The time line was not
the issue, but a convenient point to gather useful data. Data earlier
than that would be limited in number and scope or, so the researchers
appeared to believe. No attempt to mislead or distort reality was
intended, as you try to claim below.

Notice the qualifier... kids in foster care for
more than 2 years. Anyone will tell you that a child in foster care

for
more than two years is beyond the early trials and tribulations.

Anyone that has every actually fostered even a few kids gets the
experience to know that this is highly variable, and that kids often
go through, if they are in care long enough, like through TWO
anniversaries of being removed from the home, some VERY serious
recurrances of "trials and tribulations."

Not a single foster parent I've ever disgussed this with, nor trainer,
has ever told me they failed to learn and to train about this long
term effect. You must have had the worst training the country.

Strange as
it may seem.. two years is also the time that gives standing to

foster
parents.. and probably permancy for the child. Wow.. watta plan they

can
develop...but shouldn't we credit the foster parent instead?

Your stupidity is noted in the misinformation you offer. In most
states it's 18 months, in some 12, and in an unfortunate few, 6 months
is enough to give "intervenor status." It's a claim of "psychological
bonding." Sometimes true, sometimes NOT, and all too often the foster
parent thinks "trauma bonding" is equivalent to "attachment bonding"
like a child has to her mother from birth. Big difference, though
quite powerful. The foster usually learns much later, when the
adoption goes through, that little Johnny has been holding back some
of his rage and confusion and the behavioral problems take off.

Then there are those smart knowledgable foster parents that know this
beforehand, and know how to build FROM trauma bonding to something
more healthy.

Your comments on this?Well, the paragraph of phrases is totally
incomprehensible. You actually didn't say anything.

I would suggest those degrees outside of social worker, or those who

have
considerable experience... could very well do a great job absent an

M.S.W.
Considering the brain-washing schools many of these students

attend...
others may well do an even better job.

So let me see now. Do you want an MSW with child and family specialty
or not, to be the most hired for child protection work?

It appears you don't, because of the brainwashing....you might want to
take that up with your patron saint, The Mighty Duplicitious One. He
goes awfully quiet when you start on this particular rant...which I
believe I've seen you do before.

If you don't, then exactly who DO you want, with what training, and
experience to make this paragon of virtue and child protection worker?

And how and where would they acquire this "considerable experience"
you speak of? Highschool dropouts that were themselves clients?

I actually have seen some very knowledgable ones that did dyno-mite
casework, but sadly, they went and got their brains washed in graduate
school along the way from being a child in foster care, with abusive
parents behind them, to CPS worker.

And I'm SURE you can find something to meanly criticize that scenerio
and the person.

Studys, the likes of which you refer.. are self-serving and not

objective.

Funny thing about NASW folks, they DO tend to talk about social work
issues. I wonder why?

I would suggest there are many people... absent a teaching

certificate could
be great teachers if given the opportunity.

I've met a few. I'm one of them, but then I DID go and have my brain
washed, just a bit. It takes an intelligent person to go to higher
levels of education and maintain their integrety, so you are right,
but then it takes a higher level of intelligence to get that far, much
of the time.

I mean, a Masters to teach 1st
grade?

Yep. Seems that folks want them to have some deeper understanding of
human develpment, like early childhood development, learning theory,
abnormal psych (gottcha!), and such before being turned loose on the
children.

Oh, I forgot... there's a money motive...not true dedication.

Last I heard income incentives tended to be very powerful in folks
getting educated and in fact continuing to do so, but most folks I
know in education and social work were not inspired by that.

In fact they have been accused in this very ng of being liberal do
gooders, etc. In other words, they are inspired by their love or
children and humanity to even set out on a path that is notoriously
hard, and usually not very financially rewarding over the long haul.

I know zero millionaire social workers, but I did know one CPS
supervisor that was, partially inhereted and partially good
investments, along with a good eye for high quality gemstones she
would pick up on trips to Asia, Africa, Australia, etc.

bobb

bobb

So, bobber the swift, you have a biiiiig assignment ahead. YOU are
going to tell us how folks get experienced in child welfare without
working in child welfare, (where of course they would be inexperienced
and young...hence barred from BEING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE) and
educated in the many disciplines that are needed by not going to
school.

When you are done we will put your ponderings into proper form and
submit them to the AMA as well. We've always wanted to train our
doctors to be, from the get go, experienced and non-brainwashed by
that old medical school nonsense.

And the two professions are a great deal alike in their impact on
human society, in my mind.

You may begin.

An aside: Every now and then, being the contemplative type I am, I ask
myself, "Kane, why do you post and reply to this complete idiot,
bobber the swift? And when I can finally get up off the floor, find a
towel, and wipe away my tears of mirth, I reply, "because it amuses
me."

What is more important though, than my entertainment, is catching you
twits at your nonsense and offering the readers here another
perspective. And this one was a doozy, in my thinking. Posting this,
from the NASW, kind of lays a lot of bull**** posted here to rest.

NASW has no axe to grind other than professional concern. "Social"
workers are, by training and inclination, interested and invested in
"society." And they, as I, can see the ******** you and your cronies
would like to drag us into.

It underlies your postings, and it is blatantly apparent in the things
you do to folks that come here in pain and need asking for assistance,
patience, respect, and advice. So dance in their blood some more,
dummy, so I can warn them about you more convincingly. They might miss
it, they are so distracted by their pain.

Tah, swifty.

Kane
Old September 13th 04, 04:22 AM
Justin

The culture at DCF is not amenable to helpful interventions taking
place. Either b/c of overload, excuses, alienation or whatever.

Overload?!?! Maybe if the person assigned to that child wasn't working
ANOTHER job they wouldn't have been overloaded. There are too many excuses
made for these feeble lumps of feces known as CPS workers/foster
parents/birth parents/society at large. Not all are bad, but it seems that
a lot are.

'Horrible' Home Kane General 1 July 16th 03 02:29 AM