October due dates, TTC'ers, and new members

Old February 3rd 04, 05:16 AM
Mary S.

Default October due dates, TTC'ers, and new members

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

For our TTC members, how is the journey going? Need to vent, cry, yell
a bit? Feeling hopeful? Into the 2ww? Lots and lots of baby dust to
you all. I know there are lurkers as well as the visible ttc'ers here.
Everyone should feel welcome in this community... please know that
we're cheering you on with all our hearts. Hopefully there will be some
new due date updates from some of you who have had such a long, tough
haul so far.

For any new members, hello and welcome! Have you started ttc (trying to
conceive)? Feel free to send an introduction, or keep us updated as you
look for signs of the big O (ovulation) by charting your BBT (basal body
temperature), do some BD (baby dancing), cross your fingers during the
2ww (two week wait, after ovulation but before a pregnancy test will
show anything), and then hopefully send your own new due date
message out! You'll often see TCOYF referred to: it's the fabulous book
_Taking Charge of Your Fertility_ by Toni Weschler, available from
Amazon and many bookstores. It talks all about how to chart your
fertility signs, both for pregnancy and for birth control, and is an
incredibly valuable way to learn about your own body. Highly
recommended reading for anyone starting down the road to pregnancy.
Welcome to the group.

Mary S.

Old February 3rd 04, 06:00 AM
naffi

well this is still me, TTC, my cycles seem to be getting longer from 28 to
35 and the last one 42 days, so am getting tested this month to make sure i
am ovulating properly, as well as hormone levels.

naffi

Old February 3rd 04, 03:39 PM
Tatjana Farkin

Nothing exciting to report here ...

I ovulated fine last cycle (for the first time in half a year! so that
was somewhat exciting) which was a relief after the Clomid-induced
problems. I was really quite worried for a while :-(
Unfortunately, I didn't get a
wow-right-the-first-cycle-after-tubes-were-opened baby ... I'm in the
boring early part of the next cycle now.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for close to 3 years

Old February 3rd 04, 05:11 PM
Rob, Laura and Izabella W

I am here too, still TTC! this is the start of 6 months for us. I am late
but took a HPT a few weeks ago, guess it was way too early but of course got
a BFN! But I am taking one this week and hopefully will be joining you all
once again!

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old February 3rd 04, 10:45 PM

"Mary S." wrote in message

[...]

Cant' remember if I ever posted an official introduction or just moved from
lurking to posting with not a how-do-ya-do! I'm 31 and ttc#1 for what feels
like forever! I'm charting, OPK'ing, and obsessing away... I have an MS in
Genetic Counseling, but I graduated in 1995 and then went into social work
in the mental health field, so I'm not up on the latest research. So,
sometimes I can post helpful info and sometimes I'm hopelessly out of date.
I work with kids with mental health issues, so I can get pretty bitter about
some people being parents and me wanting a child (shouldn't you need a
license? No, I don't mean that!)
Thanks everyone for all the valuable info...I"m astonished at what an
educated and knowledgeable group you are!

Amy

Old February 3rd 04, 11:38 PM
Sophie

[...]

Well hi and nice to *meet* you

Old February 4th 04, 02:09 PM
Ilse Witch

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:39:02 +0100, Tatjana Farkin wrote:

Nothing exciting to report here ...

I ovulated fine last cycle (for the first time in half a year! so that
was somewhat exciting) which was a relief after the Clomid-induced
problems. I was really quite worried for a while :-(

Hey, excellent news!!! I will be sending you lots of strong O-vibes and
babydust (I still have some to spare here).

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 5th 04, 05:03 AM
laurie

So mary, where's your update?

laurie
mommy to Jessica, almost 3 years and
Christopher, 9 months
Old February 5th 04, 04:02 PM
Mary S.

laurie wrote:
So mary, where's your update?

Yay, I get to post an update!

Up until yesterday or the day before, I'd say we were still in the "is
it real?" giddy excited phase. Now I'm definitely feeling pregnant!
I'm almost six weeks. I've started having all kinds of symptoms in the
last couple days, like mild queasiness, major protein cravings (drinking
milk like it's going out of style, which I despise as a drink
non-pregnant), sore breasts (nursing is okay, but the stinging spray in
the shower was a surprising OUCH, and generally tender wrt clothing,
etc.).

I'm also sleeping a ton. Sproutkin just started sleeping through the
night (we night weaned her, with DH's assistance), and as a result she
gets up early now, between 6 and 6:30. This is actually a good thing,
because it forces me to start my day earlier and be more productive, and
because she ends up taking a 3-hour nap in the afternoon. So much for
more productive -- I'm taking the 3-hour nap, too. And then I go to bed
when she does, at around 9.

My current obsession is trying to drink enough water to support a
growing embryo and a nursing toddler. If I don't keep reminding myself,
I wake up with dehydration headaches in the afternoons.

DH will kill me if I come home with another baby outfit. I love to look
at them, so tiny and cute! Anything in white, in velour, and footed,
and I'm sunk.

I have my first visit with the birth center in two weeks, so hopefully
we'll be able to hear the heartbeat. In contrast to last pregnancy, I
don't think we'll do any ultrasounds this time (unless AFP is abnormal,
which we do intend to get), and we want the sex to be a surprise. I'm
thrilled either way (a change from Sproutkin, when I definitely wanted a
girl). DH is having twin vibes but I think he's just trying to make me
smack him.

That's us!

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, almost two
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1

Old February 5th 04, 04:54 PM
Marnie

"Mary S." wrote in message news:bvtpf4$vtkqr$1@ID-
Yay, I get to post an update!

Indeed you do!!

Just a note about drinking for three (or more, if your DH is right LOL), for
the longest time this pg I could not keep water down ... and I'm usually a
gallon-a-day gal. I started drinking lemonade (made it with RealLemon juice,
with some lemon slices) and that really helped. I think the sugar settled my
stomach, the lemonade was tasty, and I stopped getting dehydrated.

So, a little "just in case" for you.

--
Marnie
#3 edd 8/20/04