A Long time....

Old January 19th 04, 07:04 PM
turtledove

Default A Long time....

Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you I believe you were
fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup
There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
Slowly mind you very slowly...

Could that singer be me? Brianne? Ms. B? Just curious. I've been around
for ages (though busy and quiet as of late) I'm currently keeping the FAQ
since, at the time, there was a huge fight about it and who should do it.
Figured the newly married lady would be the safest (me). Hard to believe I
just celebrated my 3 year anniversary!

If I don't remember you Kim, I apologize. I had a really bad car accident
18 months ago and hit my head pretty hard.

Glad to see you though!!

hugs,
*bri

Old January 21st 04, 03:56 PM
lm

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:27:58 -0500, "Lisa aka Surfer"
wrote:

"lm" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:07 -0500, "Lisa aka Surfer"
wrote:

"Kim In NS" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message

"Kim In NS" wrote in message

"Colette Collopy" wrote in message
Hi Kim,
nice to meet you. You sound lovely and a good laugh. Where is

NS??
Your

Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...

children sound lovely and lucky to have you as a mum.

Thanks They actually say that all the time (especially when they
really
want something desperately!"
Keep the chin up.

Always

Col x

Nice to meet you too Colette!

Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a

number
of
years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
'meet'
you.

Christine
(Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)

Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you I believe you

were
fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup
There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
Slowly mind you very slowly...

Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy!!!!
How's it going, eh? 'Member me? I'm in Ontario, just outside of our

fine
Nation's capital, and have one son. He's 9 now!
I remember you, and pondered on where you may have went. Specially after
the recent storms that hit the east coast.

So glad to hear that things are, well, life as we know it! Same here,

the
boy is doing the same as always, BUT has been absolutely amazing with
respect to the level of responsibility he's maintained in looking after

our
now 4 month old black lab puppy. She's been a great addition to the

family.
Oh, and speaking of additions to the family.........are you sitting?

Break open the champagne (Keiths' will do).

I'm getting married.............!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa that's great, congratulations! We're not far from you but on the
other side of the lake ... Need a sitter for your honeymoon? :-) We'll
probably get to Canada this year though to visit so I'll be asking you
about the local tourist traps.

lm

Hey Laura!! Thanks for the congrats, and the offer too! These days, my son
refers to the impending honeymoon as "that trip you guys are taking without
me" Tough luck little one .

When you're planning your visit,,,,,don't come yet!! It's been frickin cold!
Good for the canal, as it hasn't opened yet, but I'm not a winter person .
You will love the city,,,trust me! I'll be sure to give you the a list of
must see and run away from things to do. Which bridge would you cross to
get across the border?

Good question. I just looked on Yahoo and it looks as though 81
north/137 north is most direct. We're probably going to go to Toronto
first, before the winter is out, via Niagara Falls. The falls are
supposed to be way cool in winter, with the mist freezing throughout.
We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
expensive!

lm

Old January 21st 04, 11:09 PM
Dennis Here

"lm" wrote in message

We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
expensive!

How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
Ireland.
Those prices are for nothing!

Dennis

Old January 22nd 04, 02:25 PM
lm

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:09:56 -0000, "Dennis Here" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

"lm" wrote in message

We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
expensive!

How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
Ireland.
Those prices are for nothing!

Dennis

Er, sorry, turns out those were for one-way. Grrrr. Who takes one-way
flights anyway? So double that, times a family of four, and we've very
quickly blown the travel budget. Maybe next year.

I wonder how much it would cost for you and Dolores and three boys to
fly here though... I bet they'd love the two feet of snow we've got
outside!

lm

Old January 23rd 04, 11:01 PM
Kim

"Dennis Here" Dennis@Large .ie wrote in message

"lm" wrote in message

We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
expensive!

How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
Ireland.
Those prices are for nothing!

Dennis

I'm prone to agree with Dennis... 100 CANADIAN dollars? RETURN??? I'm
thinking it's time to visit the the green green grass of home LOL ok so it's
not home BUT I've always wanted to visit... lol

Old January 23rd 04, 11:03 PM
Kim

wrote:

"lm" wrote in message

We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
expensive!

How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
Ireland.
Those prices are for nothing!

Dennis

Er, sorry, turns out those were for one-way. Grrrr. Who takes one-way
flights anyway? So double that, times a family of four, and we've very
quickly blown the travel budget. Maybe next year.

I wonder how much it would cost for you and Dolores and three boys to
fly here though... I bet they'd love the two feet of snow we've got
outside!

lm

Even 200 isn't bad return... Cheaper for me to go visit Dennis then my
family in TO LOL no logic there at all!!!!! Sucks to be me

Old January 23rd 04, 11:10 PM
Kim

"turtledove" wrote in message

Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you I believe you

were
fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup
There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
Slowly mind you very slowly...

Could that singer be me? Brianne? Ms. B? Just curious. I've been around
for ages (though busy and quiet as of late) I'm currently keeping the FAQ
since, at the time, there was a huge fight about it and who should do it.
Figured the newly married lady would be the safest (me). Hard to believe

just celebrated my 3 year anniversary!

YES YES YES IT IS YOU!!! lol lololol ou were doing a CD and planning the
wedding and everything was just roses for you and I'm so pleased everything
is working out fabulously!!

Congrats on the anniversary... and I have a feeling I know who created the
fuss about the FAQ... As I recall there were issues on that right after
Peter passed on (you know I still can't get over that -- I think THAT is
what kicked my bottom into gear and got me living again)

If I don't remember you Kim, I apologize. I had a really bad car accident
18 months ago and hit my head pretty hard.

Glad to see you though!!

hugs,
*bri

I'm sorry to hear about your accident... I really wasn't all that memorable
I mainly watched... Tried for some light humor (albeit warped at times)...
In general I really didn't add a lot to the group but I really really gained
alot from existing with you all

Old January 26th 04, 01:09 AM
turtledove

'Kate wrote in message news
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:10:41 -0400, "Kim"

That's funny... I remember Matt taking it over and then Mo. It was
often posted late when Mo had it and the fuss wasn't so much about who
would post as about the tribute to PeterD.

'Kate

Yep, that is pretty much how I got it. The tribute dispute of 2000/2001.
Sigh. I'm not as active lately, but that's only because my job keeps me
busy, and my headaches keep me off the computer at night.

Hugs
*b