NEGLECT during visitation with NCP - Prior history with CPS

Old December 25th 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default NEGLECT during visitation with NCP - Prior history with CPS

"Gini" wrote in message

"DB" wrote

"teachrmama" wrote
I know she is still doing this because she has done it with a couple of
guys I know, though she has no idea that I know them...lol

Now this behavior would cause me to stop all visitation, too.
Especially with a 17 year old daughter! THAT is scary!! As for the
food suggestion--it had nothing to do with whether or not mom lied--she
seems to be a pathetic loser.

All the signs of mental illness are quite obvious, I'm surprised she also
doesn't suffer from substance abuse.

Depression, low self esteem, unable to make rational decisions, no
motivation to keep her environment clean.

Dude, you don't need a family court judge, you need to get her committed,
so that she can get the real help she needs. Sounds like she's too far
gone for any real recovery!

==
I agree. She sounds like she's suffering from severe clinical depression.
Not only does she need
intervention, she shouldn't have those kids without supervision.

That was my point. The children should not be spending time with her with
her current activity set!!

Old December 25th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"teachrmama" wrote

"Gini" wrote
[...]

Yeah, it looks pretty unanimous around here. I'm glad you brought it up.
Hopefully he can get something done.

Old December 26th 06, 12:03 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

My biggest hope is that he will display some compassion, and not just yank
the kids without requesting that the woman be ordered to get some help
before she can see them unsupervised. If nobody applies any pressure to
get her to seek help, she may never do so. She is still their mother, even
if she is behaving in a dangerous and destructive way right now. I know we
say constantlly around here "He is still their father." That goes for NCP
moms, too.

Old December 26th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.child-support
Robert - Michigan

original poster
This is an issue that goes back to long before the divorce, I will know more
after CPS gives me a report and I am able to get it to the FOC for
evaluation.
As I stated in the post CPS is going to be looking into this and visiting
her home. I also have a hearing on January 8th in the morning for contempt
over medical bills she refuses to pay any portion of.
I have only submitted (about) $293 for reimbursement thru the proper process
(by sending request to her directly) then 30days later to the courts. Which
ended up in a contempt hearing being set up.

I was more less trying to get in front of the court to address several
issues, the medical was only ONE issue, the main one being the issues during
visitation.

I just hope CPS can get me the report prior to the court date.

Robert

Old December 26th 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Robert - Michigan" wrote in message
. ..
original poster
This is an issue that goes back to long before the divorce, I will know
more after CPS gives me a report and I am able to get it to the FOC for
evaluation.
As I stated in the post CPS is going to be looking into this and visiting
her home. I also have a hearing on January 8th in the morning for
contempt over medical bills she refuses to pay any portion of.
I have only submitted (about) $293 for reimbursement thru the proper
process (by sending request to her directly) then 30days later to the
courts. Which ended up in a contempt hearing being set up.

I was more less trying to get in front of the court to address several
issues, the medical was only ONE issue, the main one being the issues
during visitation.

I just hope CPS can get me the report prior to the court date.

Hi, Robert. Has anyone ever dealt with mental health issues with her? It's
not anything you have any control over, of course, and you certainly don't
have any legal responsibility in this area. But do you know if she has ever
been diagnosed with depression or any other mental illness that would cause
her bizarre behavior? If she has never even been evaluated, perhaps she
needs to be. Does she have any family--parents, siblings, etc--who who
could help in that area? Although it does not directly affect you, you do
know that some of these issues have a genetic component, and it could affect
your children in the years to come. I have a niece whose mother is severely
bipolar. It probably won't affect her, but my brother (who has raised her
from infancy as a single father) is aware that sometimes this particular
issue skips a generation, and it could affect her children. It's nothing to
be ignored.

Old December 26th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"teachrmama" wrote in

could help in that area? Although it does not directly affect you, you do
know that some of these issues have a genetic component, and it could
affect your children in the years to come.

I feel sorry for the kids to have to see their mother in the sorry state she
is in.

Can't be good memories for them?

Would child services not put a holt on visitation until the family gets
Mom's place cleaned up and get her some professional help?

Old December 26th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.child-support
Robert - Michigan

"Gini" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote

"Gini" wrote
"DB" wrote

"teachrmama" wrote
I know she is still doing this because she has done it with a
couple of guys I know, though she has no idea that I know
them...lol

Now this behavior would cause me to stop all visitation, too.
Especially with a 17 year old daughter! THAT is scary!! As for the
food suggestion--it had nothing to do with whether or not mom
lied--she seems to be a pathetic loser.

All the signs of mental illness are quite obvious, I'm surprised she
also doesn't suffer from substance abuse.

I did recently find out she has been drinking a LOT..

Depression, low self esteem, unable to make rational decisions, no
motivation to keep her environment clean.

She was diagnosed years ago with "Clinical Depression" and had been on
medication but refused to continue taking it.
(PROZAK, BUSBAR, and I am not sure what else she took in the past those are
2 that I do remember)

Old December 26th 06, 09:57 PM posted to alt.child-support
Robert - Michigan

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

I can NOT get her commited as we are now divorced and I dont have any legal
say in her medical conditions.

Old December 26th 06, 10:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Robert - Michigan" wrote in

I can NOT get her commited as we are now divorced and I dont have any
legal say in her medical conditions.

No, but surely her immediate family could do something?

Old December 26th 06, 10:15 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Robert - Michigan" wrote in message
. ..

snip for length

All the signs of mental illness are quite obvious, I'm surprised she
also doesn't suffer from substance abuse.

I did recently find out she has been drinking a LOT..

Depression, low self esteem, unable to make rational decisions, no
motivation to keep her environment clean.

She was diagnosed years ago with "Clinical Depression" and had been on
medication but refused to continue taking it.
(PROZAK, BUSBAR, and I am not sure what else she took in the past those
are 2 that I do remember)

This info may be something that you can use in court. If she is refusing to
taake her meds, and engaging in these negative (and possibly dangerous)
behaviors she should not have the children unsupervised. Your first job at
this point is to do everything you can to keep your children safe.