My Twins Are Ten :-D

Old July 18th 04, 10:47 AM
Jennifer

Default My Twins Are Ten :-D

Hello to those of you who still remember me... :-D

I've been away for a long time & rarely check this board anymore, but I felt
nostalgic and wanted to see who was still around! My twins, Bryan and
Emily, turned 10 last week *THUD*. Can you believe it?? They're going into
middle school (5th grade at their school) and are all-around great kids,
excepting the occasional bickering ;-). Bryan takes private voice lessons
and is active in Boy Scouts, and he'll be taking clarinet for the next four
years at his school. Emily is active in Girl Scouts and has also been
assigned the clarinet (I sort of wish they'd been given different
instruments, but they both tested on mouthpieces and ended up with the
clarinet...so we'll get to see what that sort of competition is like!).

Our oldest, Janna, just graduated from high school *double THUD*. She was
an SGA Senator during her senior year, was on the honor roll and received
special academic mention, took 3 AP classes (we just received a call that
she was the only one in her high school to receive the highest grade, a 5,
on the AP English exam!), swam year-round and was tops in the county for her
swim strokes. She was accepted at a bunch of colleges and selected
Washington & Jefferson, in Washington, PA, a small liberal arts college.
Because of her swimming, she was awarded over $17,000/year just for her
athletic prowess, which means we need to come up with that much less
tuition. ;-) She'll be studying, swimming, and trying out for water polo,
too, when her freshman year begins in September. DH moves her into her dorm
room next month.

Then our youngest, Katie, turned 6 this month! She goes into first grade
and is becoming quite the reader. She's always been a joy to raise and only
lately has been the least bit difficult--mostly whining and clinginess, but
I think that's a reaction to a lot of the changes in the household (e.g.,
her big sister leaving home for college). What else...we're still in
Maryland, same home, same tourism business, same marriage. :-)

So a big HELLO to those of you old and new!! Is the board still active? I
see a bunch of spam, but I think it could be my filters are not set
properly. :-)

Jennifer

Old July 18th 04, 12:41 PM
Julie

Hi, Jennifer!!!

I remember you! I've just managed to pick myself up off the floor. Ten????
College???? Time flies. QED.

My two, Erica and Chris, just turned 7 and will be in second grade in the
fall. Like Katie, they're also terrific readers, and very bright kids.
They're still best friends, prefer to be in the same class at school, love
sports, and really love having a twin. We never decided to have more kids,
and probably won't now as I'm 40 *THUD*, and DH is close on my heels. I'm
already dreading the sudden-empty-nest syndrome, though. Of course the
teenage years might cure that fear!

SO happy to see you back. Stick around, eh? And do check your spam
filters. My ISP does a pretty good job of it, and I get only one or two a
week (though the occasional nutcase gets through, iykwim).

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97

Old July 18th 04, 08:12 PM
Nick Theodorakis

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 05:47:19 -0400, "Jennifer"
wrote:

Hello to those of you who still remember me... :-D

[...]

If you're the Jennifer with the Norwegian Buhund, then I remember you.
waves.

Nick

Old July 19th 04, 12:26 AM
Jennifer

Hey Julie! :-D Yeah, I'm still on the floor. Tonight at dinner I was
telling the kids that I honestly don't remember how we got Janna to college
age. Surely the next 8 years for the twins wouldn't go as quickly, right?
At that moment, Emily was making fish faces and fishy noises, and the
thought of her being ready for college made us all crack up. ROFL! :-D We
finally decided she might be accepted at Fish U, and that's about it.

Wow, your kids are growing up, too! g I guess that happens, lol. Bryan
likes being a twin, but Emi doesn't so much. However, I think she just
wants to be an only child, and I can sympathize (she's not the oldest, or
the youngest, or the only boy, and she's even the younger of the
twins)...but we've tried to talk to her about being nice when asked, "Do you
like being a twin?" so as to avoid hurting her twin brother's feelings!

DH turns 41 next month and he's been "snipped," so we're definitely
done...besides, in the fall we'll have 3 kids in private school and 1 kid in
private college *GULP*. We are saving up for retirement and paying off the
mortgage, lol!

What kind of sports do your kids like? Are they on the same team? Are they
competitive?

I'll work on my filters. :-)

Jennifer

B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Friend pregnant with twins in hospital :( Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 09:15 PM
We're Having Boy/Girl Twins Meg Twins & Triplets 38 November 29th 03 08:37 AM
Woman of 58 gives birth to twins after successful IVF treatment [email protected] Pregnancy 10 July 23rd 03 08:18 AM