Boot Camp For Dads?

Old November 4th 03, 12:46 AM
Mark Cimoli

Default Boot Camp For Dads?

Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New Dads.
It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard of
this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the input.

Mark

Old November 4th 03, 01:44 AM
HollyLewis

Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New Dads.
It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard of
this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the input.

Mark

My DH didn't go to one of these, but I've seen articles in the local paper
about them. The guys they interviewed seem to think it was worthwhile. I
figure, the more daddy buddies you can meet, the better. :-)

Holly
Old November 4th 03, 03:28 AM
Larry McMahan

Mark Cimoli writes:
: Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New Dads.
: It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard of
: this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
: give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the input.

: Mark

Well, we had a homebirth, and I didn't do anything like this. I DID go to
ALL the midwife appointments.

Larry
Old November 4th 03, 04:19 AM
Karen

My husband went to one. It was quite a bit smaller than they usually
are, but the idea is to give dads hands-on and one-to-one peer guidance
about babycare, wife care, coming changes, etc. He liked it and would
recommend it, especially for someone who really has no experience with
infants, as many men really don't.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 and someone due 4/24/04-

Old November 4th 03, 06:32 PM
Fer

Mark, take a look at http://www.newdads.com/. You learn all sorts of neat
stuff, like how to teach your nine-month-old daughter to play golf.

What a great site! Thanks for posting it!

--

Jenn
-WAHM

Old November 4th 03, 08:10 PM
Mark Cimoli

Cool. thanks for that great site.
Mark

"Richard" wrote in message
Mark Cimoli wrote:
: Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New

Dads.
: It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard

of
: this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
: give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the

input.

Mark, take a look at http://www.newdads.com/. You learn all sorts of neat
stuff, like how to teach your nine-month-old daughter to play golf.

I didn't attend one, but only because there were none offered anywhere

near
home. We did take the full set of classes, though, prenatal, infant care,
breastfeeding, relaxation,..... and found them all to be worthwhile.

Richard
Micaela's dad

Iron on & sew on clothing name tapes / labels for summer camp Leslie Hartsman General 1 December 16th 04 09:33 PM
Help with a camp activity Luna General (moderated) 78 May 24th 04 02:29 PM
Camp Kender General 6 April 3rd 04 06:25 PM
summer camp in N. California Tom & Sandy Farley General (moderated) 0 February 23rd 04 01:26 PM
Review: Camp (*) Steve Rhodes General 0 August 9th 03 04:13 AM