Pack-n-play

Old March 11th 04, 07:40 PM
Christine

Default Pack-n-play

Last night i purchased a pack-n-play at wal-mart, its a kolcraft
travelin tot
3-in1 with light vibes....

with a removable bassinet and changing table.....
does anyone else have one?
I think it was about 69.00....
and its navy blue...

I bought one a few nights ago and it seemed really neat BUT it seemed
like such poor quality that i took it back, I didnt take this one out of
the box yet....

does anyone have any opinions on them...

tia

Old March 11th 04, 08:27 PM
Jill

"Christine" wrote
does anyone have any opinions on them...

I plan to get a Graco one, that runs about $100-130. From what I have seen
in stores they look like very good quality. Target has this brand for $30-40
less, but I prefer the ones I have seen at BabiesRUs, the only difference
seems to be that they have more extras etc though.

I am getting one for when we travel. I am not sure it will be used at home
much! I will have it set up at home though just in case.....I MIGHT use it
when the baby is older to set her down for a second to answer the phone or
door or something. But I highly doubt I will have her in it for any length
of time except when we travel and it's used as a travel-bed. Unless she
happens to like napping in it during the day or something, but I'd think
she'd rather nap with me

Old March 11th 04, 09:05 PM
Carol Ann

::: does anyone have any opinions on them...
:::
::
[...]

I really like the expensive 5 in 1 Graco model that has the full sized
bassinet vs the 3/4 sized one.

However, when I showed my mother she said, "NO! It is too dangerous. She'll
fall out or get stuck." She insists on getting a "no frills" version that
just has the "play pen" so that when she stands up the baby won't hurt
herself.

So, it just depends on what you are going to use it for. I thought I would
use the changing table option, but my mother swears I will hit the carpet,
sofa or bed before I walk over to a particular place.

Then I thought I would use it as a bassinet and she said that I would not
feel secure about putting her in it and leaving her. Then, I thought, well,
I'll use it the play pen option only to put her in to sleep. She said,
"Yes, then why would you need all the other stuff". So, perhaps the no
frills version is best?

Whew, did you follow that?

Bottom line: I didn't get it. But I do have a bassinett and crib.

~Carol Ann

Old March 11th 04, 09:36 PM
Carla

We just received a Graco Pack-N-Play from Babies R Us. I think it was
like $130 -- it has a changing table lights, music, vibration etc. I
don't know if all of that's necessary but I really liked the way it
looked and it seemed like good quality and got great reviews on
Amazon/Babies R Us. See it he http://tinyurl.com/2ttnv

I will probably keep it downstairs for changing, napping and of course
for traveling.

Old March 12th 04, 03:12 AM
Irrational Number

Christine wrote:
Last night i purchased a pack-n-play [...]

does anyone have any opinions on them...

Very useful. We had a bassinet in our bedroom,
baby's crib in his room, and the pack-n-play in
the family room. Wherever DS fell asleep, he'd
be put in the nearest bed item. Also, the p-n-p
is fabulous for travel. The diaper changing
pad is very useful.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Old March 12th 04, 04:55 AM
Sandi

"Christine" wrote in message
Last night i purchased a pack-n-play at wal-mart, its a kolcraft
travelin tot
3-in1 with light vibes....

with a removable bassinet and changing table.....
does anyone else have one?
I think it was about 69.00....
and its navy blue...

I bought one a few nights ago and it seemed really neat BUT it seemed
like such poor quality that i took it back, I didnt take this one out of
the box yet....

does anyone have any opinions on them...

tia

I don't know about the exact one you bought, but I do have a pack-n-play
with the removable bassinet & changing table. With both of my girls, I've
set it up right next to my bed when they first came home from the hospital
for them to sleep in the bassinet part (which my 1st never did a whole lot
of...she mostly co-slept with us, but my 2nd did because DD#1 was still in
bed with us), and I used the changing table part for those middle of the
night diaper changes and as a handy place to store the diapers & wipes.

After they got past the stage of needing to be changed in the middle of the
night and were mostly sleeping through the night, I took it down and until
just recently (when I moved DD#2 to a big bed instead of the crib) we just
used it for trips as a place for her to sleep.

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3

Old March 12th 04, 06:56 AM
Simone

"Carol Ann" wrote in

[...]

It's safe enough if you take some precautions, as not to leave the
changer on the bed while the baby is inside.!!!!
But it is more to use when on travel as Jill wants to use it so the only
thing you miss is what we Dutch call a 'box', meaning a kind of bassinett
made of sturdy material (wood) where you can park the baby awake while
you have to do some things (like cooking.. passing the vacuum) and it
will be safe from pets or other siblings who are around or it can watch
the mobile or later play safely some on his/her own while you do some
other things.

--
Simone
Mom of Ruben Raymond Rocco 08 march 2001
Old March 12th 04, 03:44 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:40:03 -0500, Christine wrote:

does anyone have any opinions on them...

Yes, AAMOF I do. We bought one that looked flimsy. Its bottom was
supported by a plastic thing that looked like an up-side-down cup and not
at all firm. If it would break, the entire thing would be useless, so we
returned it for a more expensive one which has a metal frame on the
bottom. I am ever greatful we changed it, as DS has been jumping up and
down a LOT in it. Friends of ours stuck with the cheaper one, and it is
already failing in several aspects, whereas ours is still like new even
after quite intense usage as play-pen and bed.

We bought ours in Europe, so it's somewhat different from the ones in the
US, but we found over there that Graco makes the most sturdy ones.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old March 13th 04, 05:13 AM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

I still haven't gotten one but I saw one at babies R us made by baby trends
which is the same company that made her car seat and stroller. so I guess
soon I will be going to get it considering we want to travel ourselves.

Jenn
Mommy of 1
Ariana 8/17/03
news