is Legoland worth it??

Old June 13th 07, 12:46 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default is Legoland worth it??

We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking about
Legoland but was pretty appalled at paying $60 for me and $40 for
Micah. I don't think DH will be out on that excursion, so it'll be me
toting the kids around solo, and I won't be able to take Micah on
rides that don't accomodate strollers. Any other suggestions? We'll
be staying right on the marina.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04; Shiloh, 4/22/07

Old June 13th 07, 03:36 AM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking about
Legoland but was pretty appalled at paying $60 for me and $40 for
Micah. I don't think DH will be out on that excursion, so it'll be me
toting the kids around solo, and I won't be able to take Micah on
rides that don't accomodate strollers. Any other suggestions? We'll
be staying right on the marina.

probably not at that age, maybe once the oldest is about 4, possibly even
older, does the one in San Diego have a driving school? if it does, check
the age out, you don't want to go when one child can do it and one can't,
but can still understand what they are missing!

I heard San Diego Zoo was good.

Anne

Old June 13th 07, 06:25 AM posted to misc.kids
Vickie

On Jun 12, 4:46 pm, wrote:
We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking about
Legoland but was pretty appalled at paying $60 for me and $40 for
Micah. I don't think DH will be out on that excursion, so it'll be me
toting the kids around solo, and I won't be able to take Micah on
rides that don't accomodate strollers. Any other suggestions? We'll
be staying right on the marina.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04; Shiloh, 4/22/07

I would have to say a big no. Took my three (ages 9, 7, 3) and did
not have a good time at all. Especially not for the price you have to
pay.

Sea World or the Zoo are better choices. I have to say though that
San Diego Zoo is mammoth. Lots of walking, but they do have a really
good train ride that takes you through the park if you get tired.

I think Sea World is also ideal because it will be the closest to
you. Going to Legoland you have to hop back on the freeway and go
north towards Oceanside.

There is also the Wild Animal Park, but I think your two are too
little.

San Diego is divine. Have a wonderful trip.

Vickie

Old June 13th 07, 11:53 AM posted to misc.kids
Welches

wrote in message
oups.com...
We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking about
Legoland but was pretty appalled at paying $60 for me and $40 for
Micah. I don't think DH will be out on that excursion, so it'll be me
toting the kids around solo, and I won't be able to take Micah on
rides that don't accomodate strollers. Any other suggestions? We'll
be staying right on the marina.

Both mine loved Legoland Windsor by 2.5yo. #2 loved it by a year. We have
annual passes except dh so I'm always on my own with 2 (and now 3). there
and it's rarely a problem. I have asked staff to watch #2 when she was a
baby while I took #1 on some rides.
The rides they enjoyed at 2.5 we
Carosel (#2 loved that one from 6 months)
Fairy tale boats
Swing roundabout (have to be 90cm high for that)
Spinning spider (there is a height limit, think it's 90cm)
Safari Train
Duplo train
Helicopters (have to be 90cm again)
Fairy Tale puppet theatre (show)
Jonny Thunder Adventure show (Watch out for the bad Sam Sinister!)
Water Fountains to play in when hot

To be honest when the park wasn't busy we got to go once on every ride we
wanted to in the time we had. We'd be there about 11-3. Do you have to pay
for Micah? At Windsor you don't pay until they're 3yo. It may be different,
it sounds more expensive anyway than here-I pay less than £50 for an annual
pass. I always feel it's a bit mean paying for a 3yo and me, it's not like
I'm able to go off on my own is it!
Debbie

Old June 13th 07, 12:17 PM posted to misc.kids
hbar

On Jun 13, 2:46 am, wrote:
We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking about
Legoland but was pretty appalled at paying $60 for me and $40 for
Micah. I don't think DH will be out on that excursion, so it'll be me
toting the kids around solo, and I won't be able to take Micah on
rides that don't accomodate strollers. Any other suggestions? We'll
be staying right on the marina.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04; Shiloh, 4/22/07

We went to Legoland 4 years ago when ours were 2 and 3.5 years old.
They had the best time ever and having been asking to go back ever
since. The 3.5 year old could go on nearly all rides and the 2 year
old much fewer, maybe a quarter. There was still loads to do for him
though and he had a fantastic time. There were hardly any lines to
wait for rides and it is really geared for young kids. Having said
that I'm not sure I'd go alone with kids your ages. The 2.5 year old
will have lots of fun, but there are very few rides he can do without
you sitting next to him (though there are a couple) and you can't take
the baby on with you apart from a couple of rides. There is a lot to
see and do (not rides) which is fun for little kids, the lego cities,
musical instruments which spray water, huge lego statues, fun
playgrounds, duplo play areas e.t.c. but I'm not sure it is worth the
price if you can't go on rides. We got tickets a lot cheaper through
AAA. Other people in the thread have recommended Sea World. We found
this not great for young kids. The aquariums were great but the boys
were too little to appreciate the amazing shows and got bored. Also
there are fun rides but they are not suitable for kids. I think it is
a bit expensive to go to only see the aquariums (though they did have
a great playground).
Helen

Old June 13th 07, 01:59 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

Vickie" wrote in message
I would have to say a big no. Took my three (ages 9, 7, 3) and did
not have a good time at all. Especially not for the price you have to
pay.

Did your kids not have a good time, or was it just you that didn't have a
good time?
--
Sue

Old June 13th 07, 02:16 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

My daughter loved it at 1-mostly due to the displays just to look at, and
because she could play in a whole big bin of lego primos (something that we
only had been able to find a few of at home). Not a lot of rides worked, but
there were far more toddler play areas than at other parks.

SHe enjoyed the zoo, but it was a major hike with a 1 yr old in a snugli,
and really wasn't anything all that different from our local zoo at home,
where we have a season pass.

Old June 13th 07, 05:03 PM posted to misc.kids
Vickie

On Jun 13, 5:59 am, "Sue" wrote:
Vickie" wrote in message
I would have to say a big no. Took my three (ages 9, 7, 3) and did
not have a good time at all. Especially not for the price you have to
pay.

Did your kids not have a good time, or was it just you that didn't have a
good time?
--
Sue

Ummmm, is that a trick questions?

Obviously if they were not happy, my husband and I were not happy.

My husband and son liked the area where they had mini - lego replicas
of buildings, but honestly, that was about it. The rides were
terrible and nothing out of the ordinary, oh, and there were not that
many rides to begin with, but it is Legoland not Disneyland.

My middle daughter liked the Click-it store, but we probably could
have went to a mall, found it and had fun.

And my littlest wasn't impressed at all. Oh, yea, she did like the
big Dora made of giant Lego's but staring at that for a few hours is
not worth the price we had to pay to get all 5 of us in.

That was our experience. It was not an enjoyable day at all, for us.

Vickie

Old June 13th 07, 05:09 PM posted to misc.kids
Caledonia

On Jun 13, 9:16 am, "Donna Metler" wrote:

SHe enjoyed the zoo, but it was a major hike with a 1 yr old in a snugli,
and really wasn't anything all that different from our local zoo at home,
where we have a season pass.

Your local zoo at home is pretty much like the San Diego zoo? I am
consumed with envy.

Caledonia