is Legoland worth it??

Old June 13th 07, 06:25 PM posted to misc.kids
annie

Default is Legoland worth it??

On Jun 12, 5:46 pm, wrote:
We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking about
Legoland but was pretty appalled at paying $60 for me and $40 for
Micah. I don't think DH will be out on that excursion, so it'll be me
toting the kids around solo, and I won't be able to take Micah on
rides that don't accomodate strollers. Any other suggestions? We'll
be staying right on the marina.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04; Shiloh, 4/22/07

I agree with those that say to wait until the kids are older and go to
Sea World and the Zoo instead. We went to Legoland when our boys were
5 ½ and 7 ½ and it was perfect for them. One side (I think it was to
your left as you came in) seemed more targeted to the preschool
crowd. They have a boat ride that takes you through several story
book representations. I was glad we started there because the boys
thought it was great, but if they had seen the other side first, I
don't think they would have been as impressed. My boys had never been
to an amusement park before. I'm sure if they had been to Disneyland
they would have been very under whelmed by Legoland, but since this
was their first experience, it was perfect for them. Most of the
rides seemed targeted to around 4 yrs and up.

As for the price, check around for discounts. I know they have them
in Entertainment Books all the time and I think maybe even Costco.
Also check with your hotel. Our San Diego hotel gave us discount
coupons for most of the San Diego attractions. You shouldn't ever
have to pay full price.

We went to Sea World twice because the kids just couldn't get enough
of Shamu. You can definitely spend two days there. If you're in SD
for a full week, I suggest taking some days to just hang out at the
beach for some down time. We tried to do something everyday and it
just wore the kids out and made them cranky.

Have fun!

Annie

Old June 13th 07, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"Vickie" wrote in message

Ummmm, is that a trick questions?

Oh no, not at all. I was just wondering if it was boring for adults, but the
kids thought it was a good place. There are some things that I find boring,
but my kids enjoy it. I try to accommodate that sometimes, if I can stand
it. lol.

That was our experience. It was not an enjoyable day at all, for us.

Thanks so much. )

--
Sue

Old June 13th 07, 07:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Vickie

On Jun 13, 11:08 am, "Sue" wrote:
"Vickie" wrote in message

Ummmm, is that a trick questions?

Oh no, not at all. I was just wondering if it was boring for adults, but the
kids thought it was a good place. There are some things that I find boring,
but my kids enjoy it. I try to accommodate that sometimes, if I can stand
it. lol.

That was our experience. It was not an enjoyable day at all, for us.

Thanks so much. )

--
Sue

So know where you are coming from. I took the kids to pick
blackberries at a farm once. It was fun early in the cool morning
hours, but by the mid-morn, I was dog-tired, hot, sweaty, couldn't eat
another *perfect* berry from my kids' hands if my life depended on
it. And of course they could have stayed alllllllll daaaaaayyyy!!! I
held on as long as I could, probably about 2 hours after I figured
there was no way to salvage their blackberry stained clothes.

Vickie

Old June 13th 07, 09:19 PM posted to misc.kids
Irene

On Jun 12, 9:36 pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:
We're going down to San Diego at the end of August; DH has a
conference, so I'll have the kids for the week. I'm trying to decide
what to do with them (2 1/2 and 4 months) -- I was thinking about
Legoland but was pretty appalled at paying $60 for me and $40 for
Micah. I don't think DH will be out on that excursion, so it'll be me
toting the kids around solo, and I won't be able to take Micah on
rides that don't accomodate strollers. Any other suggestions? We'll
be staying right on the marina.

probably not at that age, maybe once the oldest is about 4, possibly even
older, does the one in San Diego have a driving school? if it does, check
the age out, you don't want to go when one child can do it and one can't,
but can still understand what they are missing!

I heard San Diego Zoo was good.

Anne

We went to SD when ds was about 13 months, and we decided he wasn't
old enough to appreciate Legoland for the price. We did spend an
entire day at Balboa Park where the San Diego Zoo is - it's not just
the zoo in that area. There are a whole bunch of little museums, a
rose garden, a carousel - you can easily spend a whole day there. It
is definitely spread out, tho!

Irene

Old June 13th 07, 10:28 PM posted to misc.kids
Penny Gaines

Sue wrote:
"Vickie" wrote in message

Ummmm, is that a trick questions?

Oh no, not at all. I was just wondering if it was boring for adults, but the
kids thought it was a good place. There are some things that I find boring,
but my kids enjoy it. I try to accommodate that sometimes, if I can stand
it. lol.

That was our experience. It was not an enjoyable day at all, for us.

I went to the Danish Legoland when I was in my 20s, and I really enjoyed
looking round all the lego models - this was before I had children.

My experience of there and Legoland Windsor is that there is something
for every age group. OTOH, when we did take a baby, there were two
adults in the party, so we the older children could go on things as well.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old June 13th 07, 10:37 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_2_]

Both mine loved Legoland Windsor by 2.5yo.

I wonder how different the different Legoland parks are, I've only been to
the original one, in Denmark, I think I would have been 9 and my sister 7,
but it could have been a year either way. It was a full day out and I don't
think we ran out of things to do, I seem to recall my sister not going on
some rides that I did, but I don't know if that was my mum not wanting to go
on them and needing an adult per child, or her not being tall enough, or
what! The original one could be bigger and have more stuff as it's the
original, or could be smaller and have less stuff as it's older!

Cheers

Anne