question about appetite post partum

Old September 5th 04, 05:23 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default question about appetite post partum

OK, this is just weird for me because I'm used to eating like a pig.
Heh heh, pregnancy seemed so long that I don't remember what my appetite
was like before, but I know it was a bit higher than what it is now. I
don't know why, but my appetite has decreased significantly. I
definitely still get hungry, but I get full very quickly. Has anyone
else had this happen to them? If so, how long did it last?

BTW, I am pumping, so you would think that my appetite would be up.
Old September 5th 04, 06:13 PM
firedancer623

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
OK, this is just weird for me because I'm used to eating like a pig. Heh
heh, pregnancy seemed so long that I don't remember what my appetite was
like before, but I know it was a bit higher than what it is now. I don't
know why, but my appetite has decreased significantly. I definitely still
get hungry, but I get full very quickly. Has anyone else had this happen
to them? If so, how long did it last?

BTW, I am pumping, so you would think that my appetite would be up.

For me, my appetite went way down during the first 6 weeks postpartum. I had
everyone hounding me to eat more, eat this or that and I just didn't feel
like it. And yes I was nursing & pumping too.

Of course, that changed around 2 mos and I am having no problems now with
wanting to eat everything in site, lol.

Kari

Old September 5th 04, 07:29 PM
shixa

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 17:13:06 GMT, "firedancer623"
wrote:

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
.. .
OK, this is just weird for me because I'm used to eating like a pig. Heh
heh, pregnancy seemed so long that I don't remember what my appetite was
like before, but I know it was a bit higher than what it is now. I don't
know why, but my appetite has decreased significantly. I definitely still
get hungry, but I get full very quickly. Has anyone else had this happen
to them? If so, how long did it last?

BTW, I am pumping, so you would think that my appetite would be up.

For me, my appetite went way down during the first 6 weeks postpartum. I had
everyone hounding me to eat more, eat this or that and I just didn't feel
like it. And yes I was nursing & pumping too.

Of course, that changed around 2 mos and I am having no problems now with
wanting to eat everything in site, lol.

Same exact thing with me -- it was right at about 6-8 weeks pp then my
appetite kicked in. Maybe it kicked in a little too much! Cravings
came back too and not very healthy ones...fried stuff, sweet stuff
etc...aaack! Also, I have been pumping almost exclusively from the
beginning.

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com --See him here!
Old September 5th 04, 07:29 PM
Rob and Jami

I still haven't got my appetite back yet. Madison will be 3 weeks old
tomorrow. I'm lucky if I eat one meal a day. It could also be that we're
so busy. That's what I thought my problem was, it's like I "forget" to eat.
lol.

Old September 5th 04, 10:40 PM
A&G&K&H

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
OK, this is just weird for me because I'm used to eating like a pig.
Heh heh, pregnancy seemed so long that I don't remember what my appetite
was like before, but I know it was a bit higher than what it is now. I
don't know why, but my appetite has decreased significantly. I
definitely still get hungry, but I get full very quickly. Has anyone
else had this happen to them? If so, how long did it last?

BTW, I am pumping, so you would think that my appetite would be up.

Hmmm Dunno.
I'm definitely more hungry than when I was pg, but given that I really
couldn't eat more than a piece of fruit for dinner at the end of the pg
(heartburn was so bad), I'm not surprised.
H has been bf like a champ and he's a *very* efficient nurser .... and
while pumping is great, you can never get as much milk with a pump as a tiny
mouth with a hungry tummy!! (good luck with the pumping btw). I'm
definitely very thirsty all the time (wonder why and have to remember to
keep a water bottle next to my fav nursing chair and also by the bed.
Maybe your body is still settling down after the birth??

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old September 7th 04, 03:03 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Thanks everyone! Nice to know I'm not sick, or something. ;-)
Old September 7th 04, 03:07 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

A&G&K&H wrote:

mouth with a hungry tummy!! (good luck with the pumping btw). I'm

Thanks. It's actually going surprisingly well. Takes a long time, but
oh well - I get a lot, so it isn't totally boring (in fact, it's kind of
impressive).

definitely very thirsty all the time (wonder why and have to remember to
keep a water bottle next to my fav nursing chair and also by the bed.

I'm thirsty a lot, too.

Maybe your body is still settling down after the birth??

Must be.

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Spanking 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM