Claudia's heart surgery

Old July 11th 03, 08:21 PM
Leigh Menconi

Default Claudia's heart surgery

I posted a few weeks ago that my 4yo daughter had been scheduled for heart
surgery on 6/25 and that it had been postponed. Well, they did the surgery
yesterday and she was moved out of the PICU this morning, a little more than
24 hours after the surgery (probably would have been sooner but they didn't
have a room ready in pediatrics). She's doing GREAT and I wouldn't be
surprised if they discharged her tomorrow. I think it was all done with
microsurgery, the incision is pretty small, more like closed-heart surgery
than open heart surgery because they didn't have "crack" her chest open to
do it. Some of the other kids in the PICU weren't doing so good, so please
continue to pray for all of them.

Leigh in raLeigh

Old July 11th 03, 10:36 PM
andrea

"Leigh Menconi" wrote in message

I posted a few weeks ago that my 4yo daughter had been scheduled for heart
surgery on 6/25 and that it had been postponed. Well, they did the

surgery
yesterday and she was moved out of the PICU this morning, a little more

than
24 hours after the surgery (probably would have been sooner but they

didn't
have a room ready in pediatrics). She's doing GREAT and I wouldn't be
surprised if they discharged her tomorrow. I think it was all done with
microsurgery, the incision is pretty small, more like closed-heart surgery
than open heart surgery because they didn't have "crack" her chest open to
do it. Some of the other kids in the PICU weren't doing so good, so

please
continue to pray for all of them.

Leigh in raLeigh

It amazes me how resiliant little ones are. Well done Claudia. (I love her

name), and well done to you Leigh. xxx

--
Andrea mom of -
Peter 7, Ellie 5, Alden 3, Joseph 21 mths & little munchie man Kamron 4

Old July 12th 03, 01:23 AM
Lunar Eclipse

So sorry to hear about your daughter having to go through that, glad she
is doing good though,, I'll be hoping and praying for the other
children, thats so sad.

Old July 12th 03, 05:13 AM
Cheryl

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:21:17 GMT, "Leigh Menconi"
wrote:

I posted a few weeks ago that my 4yo daughter had been scheduled for heart
surgery on 6/25 and that it had been postponed. Well, they did the surgery
yesterday and she was moved out of the PICU this morning, a little more than
24 hours after the surgery (probably would have been sooner but they didn't
have a room ready in pediatrics). She's doing GREAT and I wouldn't be
surprised if they discharged her tomorrow. I think it was all done with
microsurgery, the incision is pretty small, more like closed-heart surgery
than open heart surgery because they didn't have "crack" her chest open to
do it. Some of the other kids in the PICU weren't doing so good, so please
continue to pray for all of them.

That's great news Leigh. She had a VSD repair didn't she and this
is her last surgery? I'm so pleased she's recovering so fast even
though some of the other children aren't.

--
Cheryl

DS#1 (Mar 99), DS#2 (Oct 00)
DD born 30 Jul 02

Old July 12th 03, 06:32 AM
Laurie

Leigh Menconi wrote in message ...
I posted a few weeks ago that my 4yo daughter had been scheduled for heart
surgery on 6/25 and that it had been postponed. Well, they did the surgery
yesterday and she was moved out of the PICU this morning, a little more

than
24 hours after the surgery (probably would have been sooner but they didn't
have a room ready in pediatrics). She's doing GREAT and I wouldn't be
surprised if they discharged her tomorrow. I think it was all done with
microsurgery, the incision is pretty small, more like closed-heart surgery
than open heart surgery because they didn't have "crack" her chest open to
do it. Some of the other kids in the PICU weren't doing so good, so please
continue to pray for all of them.

Leigh in raLeigh

I'm glad Claudia is doing so well and I will keep her in my thoughts!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 27 months
and Christopher, 12 weeks

*This email address is now valid*

Old July 12th 03, 03:50 PM
Sue

That's wonderful news Leigh. I will continue to keep your family in my
positive thoughts.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

rthlink.net...

Old July 12th 03, 06:03 PM
Amanda

[...]

Thanks for the update. It's fantastic news that Claudia is doing so well. I
will keep the other children in my thoughts.

Amanda
Mum to Adam Stephen 1 Oct 1992
Lost bubs May 1993
Stephanie Rose 10 Feb 1994
Sam Elliot 22 Dec 1998
Ttc#4 ever since.....

---

Old July 15th 03, 09:42 PM
David&Wendy

so glad to hear that everything went well... hope recovery is doing even
better!! lots of hugs to you and your family!!
wendy

[...]

postop course after heart surgery... Hillary Israeli General 9 January 30th 04 06:45 PM
Trisomy 13 or Patau's Syndrome Jackie General 6 January 19th 04 09:43 PM
Tonsil surgery Denise General 4 October 3rd 03 03:13 PM
Dentist uses Nitrous Oxide? Wendy Marsden General 255 October 2nd 03 09:44 PM
Heart Surgery in ATL Leigh Menconi General 1 August 9th 03 04:08 AM