Child support enforcement issue

Old November 9th 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
per_lundquist

Default Child support enforcement issue

State of residence is Nebraska.

I have full legal and physical custody of my two sons. My ex-wife is
supposed to be paying child support, but isn't.

I stay in touch with the state Child Support Enforcement agency, and
several times they've tried to garnish her wages when she was working.
Each time she'd quit her job to avoid garnishment. They found one of
her bank accounts and took the $10.40 that was in there. In the last
nine months they've attempted several times to suspend her driver's
license.

Each time, though, they have to back off because Nebraska has a law
that Child Support Enforcement cannot carry out any enforcement action
if the target is receiving public assistance, which she is. She had
another child out of wedlock a couple years back, who doesn't even know
he has a father, and is receiving ADC, WIC, etc.

Is there anything I can do to personally go about enforcing the child
support order? If I file a motion to have her show cause for failing
to comply with the court order, will the court do anything, or just
shrug its shoulders because of her being on public assistance?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Old November 9th 06, 05:48 PM posted to alt.child-support
ghostwriter

per_lundquist wrote:
[...]

Laws might exist that limit the power of an enforcement agency but
almost no laws exist that limit what a judge can order. So if you
really NEED the money you could try and get a judge to act. The
problem is that the judge's responsibility it to determine the remedy
that suits the interests of all the families/children involved, and
society as a whole, not just yours.

The individual judges point of view is extremely important and can vary
widely. So I would read a number of his/her decisions on similar
matters (available at the county courthouse) before I spent a ton of
money on a lawyer. Because honestly, if you are making enough to be
resonably expected to make ends meet, almost no judge is going to put
serious pressure on a far more at risk family than yours. Thats simply
because if your ex fails as a mother and her child ends up
abused/neglected the cost to taxpayers and society is far higher than
if your children have to make do with a little less. And yes I know it
sucks, but no one can force your ex to get her head out of her ass.

Also be careful about going after this too passionately, that much hate
against their mother can poison a relationship between you and the
kids, and seldom worth the pain and bitterness it generates.

Ghostwriter

Old November 9th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.child-support
CasualObserver

per_lundquist wrote:
State of residence is Nebraska.

I have full legal and physical custody of my two sons. My ex-wife is
supposed to be paying child support, but isn't.

I stay in touch with the state Child Support Enforcement agency, and
several times they've tried to garnish her wages when she was working.
Each time she'd quit her job to avoid garnishment. They found one of
her bank accounts and took the $10.40 that was in there. In the last
nine months they've attempted several times to suspend her driver's
license.

Each time, though, they have to back off because Nebraska has a law
that Child Support Enforcement cannot carry out any enforcement action
if the target is receiving public assistance, which she is. She had
another child out of wedlock a couple years back, who doesn't even know
he has a father, and is receiving ADC, WIC, etc.

If the government required sterilization before paying out welfare
benefits the illegitimacy problem would go away.

Is there anything I can do to personally go about enforcing the child
support order? If I file a motion to have her show cause for failing
to comply with the court order, will the court do anything, or just
shrug its shoulders because of her being on public assistance?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Btw, you sound like a bitter woman.

Old November 9th 06, 07:12 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"ghostwriter" wrote

per_lundquist wrote:
State of residence is Nebraska.

I have full legal and physical custody of my two sons. My ex-wife is
supposed to be paying child support, but isn't.

Is there anything I can do to personally go about enforcing the child
support order? If I file a motion to have her show cause for failing
to comply with the court order, will the court do anything, or just
shrug its shoulders because of her being on public assistance?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Also be careful about going after this too passionately, that much hate
against their mother can poison a relationship between you and the
kids, and seldom worth the pain and bitterness it generates.

==
Especially since the amount of support must be woefully low. All the court
will do
at this point is lower or eliminate support altogether and have her pay
about $10.
per month toward arrears.

Old November 9th 06, 08:03 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On 9 Nov 2006 08:14:52 -0800, "per_lundquist"
wrote:

State of residence is Nebraska.

I have full legal and physical custody of my two sons. My ex-wife is
supposed to be paying child support, but isn't.

I stay in touch with the state Child Support Enforcement agency, and
several times they've tried to garnish her wages when she was working.
Each time she'd quit her job to avoid garnishment. They found one of
her bank accounts and took the $10.40 that was in there. In the last
nine months they've attempted several times to suspend her driver's
license.

Do you really need the support that bad? It sounds more like you are
trying to punish this woman. It's pretty obvious that she has very
little money to go after.

Each time, though, they have to back off because Nebraska has a law
that Child Support Enforcement cannot carry out any enforcement action
if the target is receiving public assistance, which she is. She had
another child out of wedlock a couple years back, who doesn't even know
he has a father, and is receiving ADC, WIC, etc.

What good will it do you to take away her driver's license? It won't
put money in your pocket and it will make it even harder to support
the child she has now. While you might get some revenge-satisfaction
out of it...what's the point? Get on with your life and be happy that
you get to have your kids. Screw the support!

Is there anything I can do to personally go about enforcing the child
support order? If I file a motion to have her show cause for failing
to comply with the court order, will the court do anything, or just
shrug its shoulders because of her being on public assistance?

Most likely they won't do anything if she's on PA. In the meantime,
your kids are watching you spending time trying to hurt their mother
who already seems to have serious issues to begin with. IMHO you
should take the time and energy and do something constructive with
your kids. Beating up on mommy just isn't going to impress them all
that much.
Thanks in advance for all replies.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but you need to realize that some of
us here would do anything to be in your spot...you have your kids! You
get to enjoy them almost everyday. You are not like most of us that
have to pay the person that in many cases is trying to shut you out of
your kid's live's. Your complaint is almost the same as a guy walking
down skid row complaining about how he ate too much steak while
everyone else would just be happy with a bowl of soup.
Old November 9th 06, 09:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
Werebat

per_lundquist wrote:

State of residence is Nebraska.

I have full legal and physical custody of my two sons. My ex-wife is
supposed to be paying child support, but isn't.

I stay in touch with the state Child Support Enforcement agency, and
several times they've tried to garnish her wages when she was working.
Each time she'd quit her job to avoid garnishment. They found one of
her bank accounts and took the $10.40 that was in there. In the last
nine months they've attempted several times to suspend her driver's
license.

Each time, though, they have to back off because Nebraska has a law
that Child Support Enforcement cannot carry out any enforcement action
if the target is receiving public assistance, which she is. She had
another child out of wedlock a couple years back, who doesn't even know
he has a father, and is receiving ADC, WIC, etc.

LOL! Another way out for the females! Riot!

- Ron ^*^

Old November 9th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.child-support
Werebat

ghostwriter wrote:

Laws might exist that limit the power of an enforcement agency but
almost no laws exist that limit what a judge can order. So if you
really NEED the money you could try and get a judge to act. The
problem is that the judge's responsibility it to determine the remedy
that suits the interests of all the families/children involved, and
society as a whole, not just yours.

Unless the NCP is a man.

The individual judges point of view is extremely important and can vary
widely. So I would read a number of his/her decisions on similar
matters (available at the county courthouse) before I spent a ton of
money on a lawyer. Because honestly, if you are making enough to be
resonably expected to make ends meet, almost no judge is going to put
serious pressure on a far more at risk family than yours.

Unless the NCP is a man.

Thats simply
because if your ex fails as a mother and her child ends up
abused/neglected the cost to taxpayers and society is far higher than
if your children have to make do with a little less. And yes I know it
sucks, but no one can force your ex to get her head out of her ass.

Get her head out of her ass? Sounds to me like she's found a way to
cheat the system with her reproductive organs. How typical.

Also be careful about going after this too passionately, that much hate
against their mother can poison a relationship between you and the
kids, and seldom worth the pain and bitterness it generates.

True, true, but I've read too many horror stories about how judges
routinely DISregard the second family of a NCP man, who might be in dire
financial straits but the second family "doesn't matter" in the eyes of
the law.

- Ron ^*^

Old November 14th 06, 05:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
Mona Lena

Hoi per_l

Did you know that by forcing your childs mother to pay child support,
you have signed over your childs rights to have MOM in its life to
child support enforcement agencies ( The US Government ) you probably
will end up not getting one cent from your childs Mom in the end.

May I ask you a question?
How come you have legal physical custody of your child? Do you not
enjoy joint physical custody?

Regards

Mona Lena

http://blog.myspace.com/mona_lena_usa

Old November 14th 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Funny how when a man "demands" CS and for a woman to be responsible for
a child, the people, mostly women, complain and moan about the man
trying to get all the money away from the ex...but when it's the MEN
who are being looked at to pay, the woman immediately hide behind the
best interests of the child...sickning.