Parenting toddlers

Old December 14th 06, 06:53 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default Parenting toddlers

Haven't posted here for a while...
It's just so incredibly hard not to scream at toddlers that are bent
upon doing things that they know they shouldn't do. It's so hard to
keep a straight face and "guide" them. Especially in the morning when
you have to get everyone ready and head to the door. Anyone else has
toddlers and can commiserate or has words of encouragement

back to lurking..

Old December 14th 06, 07:21 PM posted to misc.kids
Fer

wrote in message
ps.com...
Haven't posted here for a while...
It's just so incredibly hard not to scream at toddlers that are bent
upon doing things that they know they shouldn't do. It's so hard to
keep a straight face and "guide" them. Especially in the morning when
you have to get everyone ready and head to the door. Anyone else has
toddlers and can commiserate or has words of encouragement

back to lurking..

I've always wondered how those people that believe that one shouldn't ever
use the words no, don't, can't ever have raised a toddler. My YS is 2 1/2
and tests me DAILY. After two other children I figured number three would
be a breeze, not a chance! I really , really don't enjoy turning into a
screaming meemee NTM that most of the time he just giggles at me :-[ Since
he is so very active having him sit down for a time out has definitely
proven to work the best with us. Of course that is of little help when we
are trying to get out the door!

So I try my best to appreciate that he is my last as well as that one day I
will miss these years terribly. The rest of the time I look forward to
being able to communicate with him fully sooner than later.

Our favorite mantra is "Thank G*d he's cute!"

I am in your camp!
Jenn

Old December 14th 06, 07:57 PM posted to misc.kids
Boliath

Fer wrote:
wrote

Haven't posted here for a while...
It's just so incredibly hard not to scream at toddlers that are bent
upon doing things that they know they shouldn't do.

snip

I am in your camp!

I hear you too, my son is 2 and it's like dressing a bowl of screaming
jelly in the morning, it's all I can do to say bright and cheery and not
leave him there with the window cracked and a bowl of food!
Old December 14th 06, 08:54 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:57:10 -0500, Boliath
wrote:

Fer wrote:
wrote

Haven't posted here for a while...
It's just so incredibly hard not to scream at toddlers that are bent
upon doing things that they know they shouldn't do.

snip

I am in your camp!

I hear you too, my son is 2 and it's like dressing a bowl of screaming
jelly in the morning, it's all I can do to say bright and cheery and not
leave him there with the window cracked and a bowl of food!

Hahahahaa!!! I don't need to dress my toddler every morning and you
have my sympathy, as dressing her on the days we do need to go out is
a definite challenge. But I had to laugh at the bowl of screaming
jelly... that's my dd to a 'T'!

Nan

Old December 15th 06, 12:20 AM posted to misc.kids
-L.

Fer wrote:
[...]

I'm with you too. My little guy (almost 3) is a clever sort who will
figure out a way to do something he isn't supposed to do that is
*technically* not doing it the forbidden way. For example, if I tell
him, "Keep your hand off the garbage can", he will pick up a toy to
touch it with, instead. Little stinker! Sometimes I simply have to
walk away for 10 seconds or so and regroup myself. His favorite
naughty thing to do is to run and hide under the diningroom table when
he knows I want to get him ready to go somewhere. Maddening!

-L.

Old December 18th 06, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Boliath

Nan wrote:
Boliath wrote:
Fer wrote:
wrote

Haven't posted here for a while...
It's just so incredibly hard not to scream at toddlers that are bent
upon doing things that they know they shouldn't do.

snip

I am in your camp!

I hear you too, my son is 2 and it's like dressing a bowl of screaming
jelly in the morning, it's all I can do to say bright and cheery and not
leave him there with the window cracked and a bowl of food!

Hahahahaa!!! I don't need to dress my toddler every morning and you
have my sympathy, as dressing her on the days we do need to go out is
a definite challenge. But I had to laugh at the bowl of screaming
jelly... that's my dd to a 'T'!

Glad it's not just me!
Old December 19th 06, 03:39 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

wrote in message
ps.com...
Haven't posted here for a while...
It's just so incredibly hard not to scream at toddlers that are bent
upon doing things that they know they shouldn't do. It's so hard to
keep a straight face and "guide" them. Especially in the morning when
you have to get everyone ready and head to the door. Anyone else has
toddlers and can commiserate or has words of encouragement

back to lurking..

Oh! I've *definitely* BTDT - oh, wait... Still there, still doing that!
DS1 = Dec. 29, 1999
DS2 = Jan. 31, 2001
DD1 = Aug. 4, 2005
DD2 = Oct. 24, 2006

Boys = 13 months apart
Girls = 15 months apart

Let's not go there. Quite the sensitive subject for me

Toddlers are like telemarketers... They are as relentless as can be, and no
matter how hard you try, you can never quite get them to understand what
'no' means!