Co Parenting with a parent that has mental issues

Old January 10th 07, 12:20 AM posted to alt.child-support
ecowboy

Default Co Parenting with a parent that has mental issues

I have a 3 year old daughter whose mother is dual diagnosed bipolar and
alcoholic. I have been the primary parent since she was born. Recently
CPS steped in due to her drinking habbits and court ordered her to a
rehab center untill her last child was born. (not mine). This is the
latest in a long history of rehab centers and programs. Now she is out
and has had at least one relapse. I am now noticing some of the minor
bipolar behaviors starting to show up again. CPS wants to move towards
a biweekly schedule. I understand the need for children needing to
spend time with bolth parents but I am fearing that they are pushing
way to hard and will end up undoing the work thet they have done and
cause some issues with my daughter and with her other children.

Does any one know of any resources that could help my daughter and me
deal with all of this?

Old January 10th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer

First off, you know this is perfect CSE logic. If you were the bipolar
alcoholic, you would be shoveling child support to the mom and you might
get to see your child at 18. They've told better parents the same thing
(ask Mutari about the advice his lawyer gave him).
I'd try to get DSS involved in this. Mind you, DSS isn't exactly my
favorite organization in the world, but at least when they say they are
looking after the "best interests of the child', they at least make the
drive out there to see the child. If CSE is putting a child into
danger, DSS needs to know.
Now there's a tactic. Has anybody tried that one?

Old January 10th 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.child-support

I've noticed in my case that CPS does little except write a report. The
only way to remedy the situation is to go to court, which can be
expensive.

My son's school principal has called CPS twice on his mother. Each
time they write a report and it gets filed. Nothing happens
beyond that and when I asked them for any help, the response was
"you should take this to family court". That doesn't help me a bit
as "going to family court" will involve an expensive custody dispute
without any guaranteed results. Often, such a dispute can cost
$35,000 in legal fees I'm told and it is one of the most expensive
types of cases to undergo.

The DA's office gets involved in Child Support cases but little help
is given by anyone with respect to child abuse cases.

The only thing the organizations care about is CS money and not the
wellbeing of the child.

b.

Parenting as Therapy for Child's Mental Disorders Jan Drew General 3 December 25th 06 03:56 AM
Parenting as Therapy for Child's Mental Disorders Jan Drew Kids Health 3 December 25th 06 03:56 AM
October FAQ Moon Shyne Single Parents 0 October 12th 05 11:51 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane Foster Parents 3 December 8th 03 11:53 PM
The Determination of Child Custody in the USA Fighting for kids Child Support 21 November 17th 03 01:35 AM