34wk checkup

Old April 2nd 04, 06:17 AM
Angela Schepers

Default 34wk checkup

My appointment went pretty well yesterday. Only I forgot my list of
questions to ask and didn't remember them all. My BP has started to
rise significantly which is concerning the doc. So, I'm supposed to
report any headaches or sudden swelling (been having swelling in my
fingers calves/ankles though not too bad I think). If my BP gets too
high before 36 weeks she said she'd put me on meds and bedrest, if after
36 weeks depending upon how high it gets we might need to induce.
Everything else was fine though My weight seems to have leveled off
from my last appointment but then again I cut back on the sweets so that
probably helped me out. Overall it was pretty good. The baby is
still has happy as a bug in a rig inutero it's just myself that doesn't
seem to be handling it as well.

I had my first physical therapy session today. First he worked on my
pelvic bone. He had to physically push down on it with his thumbs to
manipulate it back into place. This hurt so darn much!!!! I thought I
was going to scream but I didn't... just screeched a little at the end.
He said he really wasn't pushing down that hard on it but it was so
painful because it was misaligned. Manipulating the two misaligned
pelvic joints in the back took a bit longer but luckily it wasn't really
painful, just slightly uncomfortable having to lie flat on my back. By
the end of the session though My lower back was REALLY starting to ache
a lot. By the time I got home I could hardly stand. Of course the
therapist told me being that he manipulated so much at once I would be
tender and sore for a day or two. He also sent me home with some pelvic
exercises we did in the office to do 2-5 times a day.

My back and pelvis has been achy every since I got back but I do have to
say that I feel a noticable difference already and my back has been
starting to hurt over the past couple weeks anyway. DH and I went to
the grocery store this evening and I walked throughout the entire store
without feeling like someone put boiling tar in my pelvic joints so that
has to be an improvement! I have another appointment early next week
and will be having at the least 2 sessions a week until the baby is born
and then probably after the delivery for a little while as well.

Other than my BP things are looking up. Of course sleep and general
comfort has gone completely downhill but I expected that! My next
appointment is at 36 wks and then I go every week to see the OB (not the
nurse even). I'm starting to get so darn anxious to meet this baby I'm
just about to drive myself crazy! I can't wait to meet him!!!!

Angela
EDD #1 5-13-04

Old April 4th 04, 09:34 AM
Hayley Serblin

"Angela Schepers" wrote in message =
: My appointment went pretty well yesterday. Only I forgot my list of=20
: questions to ask and didn't remember them all. My BP has started to=20
: rise significantly which is concerning the doc. So, I'm supposed to=20
: report any headaches or sudden swelling (been having swelling in my=20
: fingers calves/ankles though not too bad I think). If my BP gets too=20
: high before 36 weeks she said she'd put me on meds and bedrest, if =
after=20
: 36 weeks depending upon how high it gets we might need to induce.=20
:

snip

When I was pregnant with my son (born 29-11-00) I would have been around =
32-34 weeks when I went for a check-up, and my BP was 165/100. I could =
barely walk due to swollen feet and I had pinched nerves in my back. =
The Dr/midwife that did the checkup, told me that I was fine, and just =
to go home.

I couldn't get into any hospital, as they all said to go back to the one =
I was booked into, and Emergency wouldn't take me cos they spoke to the =
midwife first.

Anyhow, by the end of my pregnancy, my BP was 195/110 and they just =
managed to perform and emergency c-section before I had a stroke. =
Luckily my little boy was born relatively healthy.

Hayley .
Old April 4th 04, 05:42 PM
Angela Schepers

Oh my! Sounds like to me that you should have at the LEAST been on some
kind of medication to bring your BP down. That's really dangerous but
I'm glad both you and your son are ok. My mom is in town this weekend
so I kinda feel like my BP may be a little higher than usual (heh heh).
I've also noticed that I can't hardly wear my rings anymore cause of
the swelling and my calves/ankles feel kinda tight. I'm making sure to
keep a close watch on it though. Any headaches or sudden swelling and
I'm to report immediately to my OB. They seem to be taking it pretty
seriously.

Angela

32wk checkup Angela Schepers Pregnancy 5 March 19th 04 02:32 PM
40 week checkup New York Jen Pregnancy 8 March 12th 04 01:06 PM
30wk checkup Angela Schepers Pregnancy 2 March 4th 04 02:27 AM
28 week checkup Carolyn Jean Fairman Pregnancy 0 November 25th 03 01:46 AM
16 week checkup :-) kandie s Pregnancy 2 November 5th 03 02:45 PM