Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

Old November 19th 07, 05:32 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:

snip for length
I got joint custody. Parenting time was 50/50. Ex then left the state
and now he balks at paying a minimal amount of child support. Go
figure.

--

Sarah Gray (benefit of being a CP #1: child playing "bongo head" on
you while you type while she sings :"you're my favorite mama in the

I've got two of them--it's kind of like the Agony and the Ecstasy.
chuckle

Today she asked me if I would be there when she had a baby. I told her of
course, but that she wasn't allowed to have any children until she
finished college, had a job and a husband. I think she could see how much
that question scared me, ha.

It's good to remind them of the proper order of things. Even though they
are teenagers now, my daughters and I have open communication about
everything. It is scarey, some of te things they talk about--but it would be
even scarier if they didn't talk to you about them.

Old November 19th 07, 05:34 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default Does anybody have any useful advice on how to collect a child support debt?

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

Please do show me where in any post I have ever put down custodial
parents in general. Because I haven't. We are discussing a system where
mediation might be an answer. It is NOT the system in place
today--because there is no need to negotiate when you already know you
are going to win. That does NOT mean that the kind, caring people would
behave that way. But they are not teh problem, are they?

And long as mandatory mediation is done in the courthouse by court
employees there is no hope for mediation to be unbiased and without being
"in the shadow of the law." And as long as judges treat mediation
agreements reached prior to hearings as being non-legally binding and not
admissible in court, mediation is a joke.

Precisely. The system in place today does not have a level playing field.
Nor does it allow adults to be adults. An outside person (the judge) has
the final say, no matter what agreement the adults might reach together.

Old November 19th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
Sarah Gray

teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I could never talk to my mom about anything important. I hope my
daughter can at least feel comfortable talking to me.

--

Sarah Gray
Old November 19th 07, 06:47 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"DB" wrote in message
et...
Not sure what relevance this might be for some, but it talks about
retirement plans vs college funding plans

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/...neymag/11.html

on top of all the other expenses NCP's are required to provide, is there
any money left over for a retirement fund or does the government just
assume that NCP's are not worth concerning themselves with those second
class citizens?

We sure don't have enough to be able to retire at the normal time. I figure
my husband and I will have to work an extra decade to make up for what CS
has done to us. And the child's mother will still never have to work a day
in her life.

Old November 19th 07, 06:56 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
t...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
[...]

I have to admit I resent this secret society attitude between mothers and
daughters on maturity issues. Fathers have just as much credibility in
discussing sexuality with daughters as mothers. And the stereotype fathers
can't have open communication with their daughters is just bogus!

Old November 19th 07, 07:11 AM posted to alt.child-support
Sarah Gray

Bob Whiteside wrote:

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
t...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
[...]

Ok, well, I couldn't talk to my father about anything, either. If her
dad was likely to be around as an active parent, I would hope that he
would be the kind of dad she could talk to about personal things if she
needed to. I think that's highly unlikely, though, if he continues to
choose to live so far away.

--

Sarah Gray
Old November 19th 07, 07:46 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
t...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
[...]

My daughters talk to their father just as much as they do to me--except
about such things as menstrual cycles. chuckle I certainly never meant to
give the indication that dads and daughters don't talk--any more than I
believe that mothers and sons don't talk. smile

Old November 19th 07, 08:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_3_]

"DB" wrote in message
et...
Not sure what relevance this might be for some, but it talks about
retirement plans vs college funding plans

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/...neymag/11.html

on top of all the other expenses NCP's are required to provide, is there
any money left over for a retirement fund or does the government just
assume that NCP's are not worth concerning themselves with those second
class citizens?

We sure don't have enough to be able to retire at the normal time. I
figure my husband and I will have to work an extra decade to make up for
what CS has done to us. And the child's mother will still never have to
work a day in her life.

Not to worry, her health plan will force an early retirement, permanently!
:-)

Old November 19th 07, 01:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
Banty

In article , teachrmama says...

[...]

There's somebody (or some persons) missing - here.

Banty

Old November 19th 07, 01:20 PM posted to alt.child-support
Banty

In article , Bob Whiteside
says...

"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
"Sarah Gray" wrote in message
et...
teachrmama wrote:
[...]

Heh - *more* in some ways.

And the stereotype fathers
can't have open communication with their daughters is just bogus!

I was close with my Dad and I am also fairly open about such matters by nature
(I'm the one that hears "TMI!" sometimes ;-)
But *he* shied away from any of that kind of subject. Probably a generational
thing, but still.

Has this been used as an excuse not to give men custody of their daughters??

Banty