Incessant, relentless talking and needing constant attention.

Old December 23rd 04, 10:37 PM
slykitten

Dennis is simply a dickhead and that's why he's in my killfile. All I'll say
is that my son's situation is such that I can relate to some of the issues
brought up here. However, Dennis is obviously such a mental midget that he
simply doesn't get it.... either that or he thinks like my ex does.... which
means he doesn't think at all. That's ok though. He's entitled to his
opinion..... THough it's completely worthless to me and is as good as
deleted. It's a pity really.... should this guy actually have something
useful to offer.... Haven't seen anything useful from him though.... Oh
well.... such is life I suppose..... shrug

--
"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:53:11 -0000, "denanson" Dennis@Large .ie
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message

Oh goodness. Poor kid. I've felt like that too.

This is the same child that spends hours playing games, watching TV and
multi tasking everything known to childhood in such a way that it is

bigger,
more, harder and more traumatising to the mother that any other kid. Not

mention the dozens of therapists, gurus, doctors and mumbo jumbo men
involved in this boys life.

So what you're suggesting is that the children (you realize that it
was her daughter who was losing it over the son's chattering) are
fine, therefore it is the adult who is overwhelmed and overly
sensitive?

I think that the mother (slykitten) just gets off on jumping in on a

thread
with an attention seeking response.
Her son is all things to all threads, but bigger!

Dennis

Sounds like being a single parent is difficult and this single parent
needs more support IRL than she is getting and wouldn't mind finding
some here to temporarily fill in the gaps until real life eases up a
bit (which it will...as the kids get older)

'Kate

Old December 24th 04, 01:22 AM
lm

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:37:58 -0700, "slykitten"
wrote:

THough it's completely worthless to me and is as good as
deleted.

Apparently not.

It's a pity really.... should this guy actually have something
useful to offer.... Haven't seen anything useful from him though....

We see what we want to see.

lm
Old December 24th 04, 02:02 AM
slykitten

when someone replies to him, I see it in their reply. Yes, he is in my
filter. WHen there was a reply to him, I ended up seeing that crap. Sorry
but I figured I'd bring it out into the open.... besides, why should I sit
around while that creep flames me and I end up seeing it in a reply.... am I
supposed to just turn the other cheek? I refuse to let anyone walk all over
me like I'm nothing. Dennis has done nothing but throw out insults and
flames at me since the day I arrived on this group. I lurk until I feel I
have something to contribute or ask. Just because I can relate to someone
doesn't mean that I'm a drama queen when I post such. However, that creep
has no clue about what's wrong with my son. I don't have any kind of support
except here and on other groups dealing with parenting. So as far as your
comment of "apparently not" you don't have a clue as to how my filters are
set.... just as I don't have a clue as to how yours are set. I am just sick
and tired of seeing a piggyback where some bozo has to sit there and flame
me and insult me because they have something against single moms. It's
simply a pity that he's such a miserable failure and has to take it out on
someone like me (or whomever his target happens to be for that day.) while
I'm desperately trying to do what I can for my son.

Old December 24th 04, 02:15 AM
slykitten

then please... enlighten me... what *is* this "forum" about??? Last I knew,
it was about single parents trying to parent their children. Forgive me for
not living up to the standards set. I'm still pretty new here. I thought
that perhaps by not only relating to some here but having some relate to me
would help... apparently no one particularly gives a damn. I'm here for the
sake of my kids, personally, I'm sick of the attitude if I call someone down
for attacking me. It's too bad, really..... a real shame. This group to me
looked like the perfect place to get advice on my son who happens to be
disabled and I'm stuck raising him alone. His bio dad is the worst kind of
deadbeat POS alive and I'm doing the best I can.... considering that with my
son's disabilities, he gets kicked around from one school to another and I
really have no choice because that's how our beloved "system" works! To
those bureaucrats, my son is nothing but a piece of meat to be tossed from
one animal to another in the hopes of getting rid of it. To me, my son is a
little human being with some real problems that need to be addressed by the
right kind of programs and support system in order for his life to be
somewhat "normal" so that way he doesn't feel like such an outcast. To be
honest, I'm just sooooooo glad that *your* kids are so perfect... so perfect
in every single way.... that *you* don't have to battle school districts
just to find placement for *your* child so he can get what he desperately
needs.... aren't *you* just so lucky that you never have to worry about how
crappy your kid is going to be treated based on his disability.... isn't
that a little something called "discrimination" when a person is treated
poorly because of a disability?? Boy, aren't you lucky???? If I were you,
I'd be very thankful that you don't have a kid with disabilities and that
your child is so bloody normal. Best of luck considering that you've
apparently reached the point of perfect success and therefore must be just
soooo much better of a parent than I am. guess that gives people like Dennis
the right to judge me. Amazing how there's tolerance for what *he* does but
there's no tolerance for someone desperate for resources in order to make
sure that her child gets the best possible care and support that she can.
You know.... Personally, I'm sick of the lack of tolerance. It's too bad....
it really is. such a shame.... hey, that's fine. Whatever....

snip

That's true, and kind, and it's unfortunate that it's not really what
this forum is about.

lm

Old December 24th 04, 02:59 AM
lm

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:15:05 -0700, "slykitten"
wrote:

then please... enlighten me... what *is* this "forum" about???

There's not much support here. I didn't say that was a good thing.

[...]

Wow. I hope you feel better after all that.

lm
Old December 24th 04, 03:05 AM
lm

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:02:13 -0700, "slykitten"
wrote:

[...]

You have every right to reply to Dennis's comments, and to disagree
with him. Doing so means that his opinion is not "completely worthless
to [you] and is as good as deleted."

lm
Old December 24th 04, 03:32 AM
Bebelestrnge0721

Subject: Incessant, relentless talking and needing constant attention.
From: "slykitten" ms
Date: 12/23/2004 4:37 PM Eastern Standard Time
Dennis is simply a dickhead and that's why he's in my killfile.

Is that kinda the same as a penis wrinkle?

All I'll say
is that my son's situation is such that I can relate to some of the issues
brought up here.

Sly, by chance was your son ever diagnosed ADHD? Just curious?

However, Dennis is obviously such a mental midget

Is that kinda like a "mini me" impersonator?

that he
simply doesn't get it.... either that or he thinks like my ex does.... which
means he doesn't think at all. That's ok though. He's entitled to his
opinion..... THough it's completely worthless to me and is as good as
deleted. It's a pity really.... should this guy actually have something
useful to offer.... Haven't seen anything useful from him though.... Oh
well.... such is life I suppose..... shrug

Nah He is one of "those" ya know Unlike those of us that are not perfect
parents I believe you truly have a motor mouth on your hands, if that is
any consolation....I still don't know why you took a dislike to me though ? Oh
well such is life I suppose....shrug
Bev

"Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
.. .
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message

Oh goodness. Poor kid. I've felt like that too.

This is the same child that spends hours playing games, watching TV and
multi tasking everything known to childhood in such a way that it is

bigger,
more, harder and more traumatising to the mother that any other kid. Not

mention the dozens of therapists, gurus, doctors and mumbo jumbo men
involved in this boys life.

He has multiple issues goin on ....why not "motor mouthing " as well ?

So what you're suggesting is that the children (you realize that it
was her daughter who was losing it over the son's chattering) are
fine, therefore it is the adult who is overwhelmed and overly
sensitive?

I think that the mother (slykitten) just gets off on jumping in on a

thread
with an attention seeking response.
Her son is all things to all threads, but bigger!

Ahhhh ....O.K. ...I recall reading quite a bit about his many issues and I have
never felt she was grandstanding for attention?
why would anyone "get off" that way? As a mom that has a child with some very
real and devastating issues I could never "get off" that way ? You are accusing
Sly of being quite ill do you realise that Dennis?
I think her problems with her boy are real. I do not believe or see what you
are saying. Everyone could feel better with more RL support. This single
parenting thing gets easier ? I think parenting a special needs child does not
get easier as the child gets older. for a single parent to find other parents
maybe dealing with similar issues with their children IRL would surely be
better than support from many in this group ( who blame the parents for the
childrens issues) and that Sly by her own addmission several times has sought
out help IRL? As a matter of fact all those people you say are not helping her
son but hurting him....ya know those proffesionals that are supposed to be
highly educated and able to help our children but end up just practicing on
them and using them as guinea pigs, pill testers, and pin cushions? Having a
child with special needs is a very hard place to be....you need a tough skin
and strong will to deal day in and day out with a child that struggles with
emotional, behavioral, and possible mental health issues. Of course we as
parents of these kids seek the help and support of the medical people that we
turn to in ussually a desperate attempt to understand ourselves what pain our
children are in. It just irks my craw when people think they know what it is
like to be one of us...or mock one of us, or accuse one of us as being sick in
some way as to be the reason our children suffer. Ya know many of these things
they are coming up with now are things a child is BORN with and not due to any
kind of illness or neglect from one or both parents. what is sick is that
someone named this group what it is and that unsuspecting people fall in for
the game many are here playing. I learned.....thats why it is in the for "FUN"
section of my favorites ................

Sounds like being a single parent is difficult and this single parent
needs more support IRL than she is getting and wouldn't mind finding
some here to temporarily fill in the gaps until real life eases up a
bit (which it will...as the kids get older)

Like I said ...LOL! support here? you are to funny ! There are to many perfect
parents in this group that need a wake up call on them like maybe" a day in the
life "and then they'd get it.

Old December 24th 04, 04:06 AM
steveb

wrote:

Dennis has done nothing but throw out insults and
flames at me since the day I arrived on this group

Welcome to the club eg

On the other hand, killfiles do work extremely well, but you gotta
stick with it.

You either ignore him (which hurts the most, or reply to him (which
wastes your time). You can't do half and half.

steveb

ps ... ignoring him hurts him the most ... do it long enough and he
will go away. Weeds need feeding too, or they wither and die.
Old December 24th 04, 04:09 AM
steveb

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:59:54 GMT, lm
wrote:

There's not much support here. I didn't say that was a good thing.

There could be tho .... and you are one of the people who can give the
most without apparently persuing your own agenda.

This is the only group of it's kind on Usenet ... it really is a shame
that it isn't a thriving, busy and friendly place.

I know I have said this before, and I half expect the usual suspects
to crawl outa the woodwork and tell me I am trying to run it all again
.... lmao

Trouble is, they are the very people who support those who attack
slykitten, and the like.

steveb
Old December 24th 04, 04:57 AM
slykitten

Thank you! I'm just a bit grumpy tonight.... a little oversensitive. I got
hit with a sore throat and the beginnings of the flu. Right now it feels as
though my "tough skin" has a bit of a tear in it..... =)