suggest birthday present ideas for five year old girl

Old July 20th 03, 02:34 AM
jeff

Default suggest birthday present ideas for five year old girl

Hi, my daughter turns five in three weeks and I'd like to get her a
fantastic present - something special - and perhaps I can get some
ideas or direction from posters. I bought her a new bicycle last year
for her birthday and she loves it, and basically my challenge is
duplicating the specialness of that gift, this time around. I'd like
to spend about $100. I'd like to steer clear of electronic gizmos,
videos, computer stuff, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jeff

for personal replies, email to jeffp at "en why see" dot "ar ar" dot com
Old July 20th 03, 03:37 AM
Beth Kevles

Some ideas:

A TOMY Gearation toy. Enjoyed by our boys and their girl visitors.
The book "26 Fairmount Ave" by Tomie dePaola and its two sequels. A
source of read-aloud delight.
A dollhouse, if she likes them. (And then you can get her furniture and
dolls and stuff for several birthdays to come.)
Puppets and a stand-up puppet theater, if you have the space.

Just some thoughts,
--Beth Kevles

Old July 20th 03, 07:29 AM
jeff

On 20 Jul 2003 02:37:51 GMT, (Beth Kevles) wrote:

Some ideas:

A TOMY Gearation toy. Enjoyed by our boys and their girl visitors.
The book "26 Fairmount Ave" by Tomie dePaola and its two sequels. A
source of read-aloud delight.
A dollhouse, if she likes them. (And then you can get her furniture and
dolls and stuff for several birthdays to come.)
Puppets and a stand-up puppet theater, if you have the space.

Just some thoughts,
--Beth Kevles

these are nice ideas - especially like the dollhouse.
also possibly a nice easel since she loves drawing and painting.
thanks

for personal replies, email to jeffp at "en why see" dot "ar ar" dot com
Old July 21st 03, 07:56 PM
lynn

In article ,
jeff wrote:

Hi, my daughter turns five in three weeks and I'd like to get her a
fantastic present - something special - and perhaps I can get some
ideas or direction from posters. I bought her a new bicycle last year
for her birthday and she loves it, and basically my challenge is
duplicating the specialness of that gift, this time around. I'd like
to spend about $100. I'd like to steer clear of electronic gizmos,
videos, computer stuff, etc. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jeff

I've heard the best raves about Playmobil toys. A dollhouse and add-ons,
or the castle theme... They're pricy, but I understand that kids love
them for a long time.

- lynn
Old July 21st 03, 09:21 PM
Astromum

lynn wrote:

I've heard the best raves about Playmobil toys. A dollhouse and add-ons,
or the castle theme... They're pricy, but I understand that kids love
them for a long time.

FWIW: both Playmobil and Lego were all-time favorites with me and
my brother from the time we were ~4 up to the present. OK, I had a
large gap between ~15 y/o and this year, when DS started on Lego...
Even as a girl I have always enjoyed the more technical aspect
that Lego has, but YMMV.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 21st 03, 09:33 PM
Ericka Kammerer

lynn wrote:

I've heard the best raves about Playmobil toys. A dollhouse and add-ons,
or the castle theme... They're pricy, but I understand that kids love
them for a long time.

They have been huge faves here for many years, and a friend's
girl got the Playmobil dollhouse (the Victorian one) when she was
five and played with it for years and years.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old July 22nd 03, 12:50 AM
James and Karen Stewart

Depends what she likes to do..if she loves drawing and art kit and easel are
a great hit with my daughter. She loves drawing pictures for us. my
daughter just turned 6 and she is into reading, harry potter,
barbies,....... make sure it is something she is interested in or you have
gone and spent your hard earned money on something she isn';t going to play
with.

We have decided we are going to build a huge play structure in the backyard,
with a fort. I have already told the kids it will be one or two small
presents next year for both of their birthdays because we are getting the
fort and playstructure insted...that are happy with that..so that is
another idea if you don't already have one. look up play structures on the
internet and see if that is something to consider

Old July 22nd 03, 12:57 AM
Mary Gordon

I have a five year old daughter and she loves, loves, LOVES
dollhouses. I bought a $50 Canadian kit at a local place (The Little
Dollhouse Company in Toronto) and built one for her last winter (it is
fairly basic, four big rooms and an attic). We painted it up and we've
filled it with wooden furniture mostly from dollar stores - its become
sort of a challenge to track down new stuff for it - and you can't
believe the things I've found. She just loves it, and what makes it so
special is that mom made it for her, and she can keep it forever. I'll
try to send you a picture.

Mary G.
Old July 22nd 03, 07:08 PM
David&Wendy

barbie house big one!!
lego if she likes to build
art easel if she likes to paint draw etc...
barbie doll life size ( the ones that are about 3 feet tall really life
like)
one of those house you build to put outside that they can play in all day
long!

that's just my opinion let us know what ya decide !! curious to see !
best of luck
wendy mom of 4 now!