Still in Shock

Old June 21st 06, 02:57 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Still in Shock

Just got off the phone with my Ex's lawyer after I faxed them a proposal
last week to try work this out, his reponse was very eye opening!

I figured I'd give this one last crack before the immigration has to deport
me, so I offered her $1200 in cash & $500/mth as an insentive to drop all of
the $55,000 arrearage. You may laugh, but $1200 is all I have on this earth
and that's the extent of my total wealth. I thought this would be better
than the big fat nothing she will get when I get deported next month. It
will take me years to rebuild what little I have now, so future payments are
not possible or at least the payments they want!!!

I received a letter in the mail from her attorney stating I should send the
$1200 immediately before they make any concideration to forgive the debt.

Today I called up her Lawyer to followup, I introduced myself and said I
wanted to try work out a result that would be fair to everyone involved. He
obviously wasn't listening & somehow thought I was a representing NCP
attorney because he started into a loud raging rant about how this Asshole
has jerked his client around for past 7 years and that he deserves nothing.
He stated, "We wouldn't even concider setting aside the debt unless the
asshole produced $30,000!".

He further explained that this jerk talked his client into having a child
because he wanted one and she agreed to getting pregnant for him and then he
took off. (My jaw hit the floor at this pointas I only knew the woman
casually for 5 months before she got herself knocked up, I had no desires
with parenting children with her or anybody, ever)

I then explained to him that this was his client's only real chance at
getting any money for her child as the immigration will deport the NCP if an
agreement cannot be reached.
He responded in an angry tone to let the Asshole be deported, he hasn't
contributed in 7 years anyway.

I just concluded with, "I'll pass on the message!".

What hope is there with people like this in the system?

Old June 25th 06, 02:38 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Tiffany" wrote in message
Wow. Lawyers are ruthless. When you need one though, you appreciate that
quality.

The point I was trying to make was this guy's total lack of professionalism
and ability to act in the best interest of the child. His whole attitude
was all about her & how she was wronged, it had nothing to do with the
child's best interest.

IN my case, it's not about the money because she doesn't need it, it's about
using the system as a means to extract revenge.

Old June 28th 06, 04:32 AM posted to alt.child-support

"DB" wrote in message
.com...

"Tiffany" wrote in message
Wow. Lawyers are ruthless. When you need one though, you appreciate that
quality.

The point I was trying to make was this guy's total lack of
professionalism and ability to act in the best interest of the child. His
whole attitude was all about her & how she was wronged, it had nothing to
do with the child's best interest.

His interest is not with the child, but his client who is the child's
mother.

Old June 28th 06, 06:01 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Tracy" wrote in

The point I was trying to make was this guy's total lack of
professionalism and ability to act in the best interest of the child.
His whole attitude was all about her & how she was wronged, it had
nothing to do with the child's best interest.

His interest is not with the child, but his client who is the child's
mother.

Yes, it's just another reason to put the nix on this present out of control
system!

BTW, why is it that when a man has to look after the family, nothing is ever
said?
Why is it that when a woman has to look after a child, it's concidered a
crime?

Old June 28th 06, 06:22 AM posted to alt.child-support

"DB" wrote in message
.com...

"Tracy" wrote in

The point I was trying to make was this guy's total lack of
professionalism and ability to act in the best interest of the child.
His whole attitude was all about her & how she was wronged, it had
nothing to do with the child's best interest.

His interest is not with the child, but his client who is the child's
mother.

Yes, it's just another reason to put the nix on this present out of
control system!

BTW, why is it that when a man has to look after the family, nothing is
ever said?
Why is it that when a woman has to look after a child, it's concidered a
crime?

I'm not following your questions.

Old June 28th 06, 07:32 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Tracy" wrote in

Yes, it's just another reason to put the nix on this present out of
control system!

BTW, why is it that when a man has to look after the family, nothing is
ever said?
Why is it that when a woman has to look after a child, it's concidered a
crime?

I'm not following your questions.

All I'm saying that if a woman has to look after a child without the help
from a man, the man is charged with the crime of not helping her raise a
child. Just putting a different perspective on this whole insane system
that is forced upon us, because it's the opinion of others that we should be
forced into parenthood

Old July 1st 06, 07:59 AM posted to alt.child-support

"DB" wrote in message
. com...

"Tracy" wrote in

Yes, it's just another reason to put the nix on this present out of
control system!

BTW, why is it that when a man has to look after the family, nothing is
ever said?
Why is it that when a woman has to look after a child, it's concidered a
crime?

I'm not following your questions.

All I'm saying that if a woman has to look after a child without the help
from a man, the man is charged with the crime of not helping her raise a
child. Just putting a different perspective on this whole insane system
that is forced upon us, because it's the opinion of others that we should
be forced into parenthood

Are you saying that a woman wouldn't be charged with a crime if the father
was raising the child and she wasn't helping, or what? I can see your point
to a point. It really depends on the father. I've seen publically mother
treated no different that father when they didn't pay child support, and
I've seen just the opposite - fathers providing mothers with excuses as to
why they couldn't/shouldn't/or can't provide financial help during the
current time. So I guess it depends on the individual and the timing.

Tracy

Old July 1st 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Tracy" wrote in

Are you saying that a woman wouldn't be charged with a crime if the father
was raising the child and she wasn't helping, or what? I can see your
point to a point.

I'm asking why it is a crime for just one parent of either sex to raise a
child on their own?
Does raising one child take two salaries?

My father raised three kids on one blue collar salary, he didn't have any
government agencies knocking on his door to get him any handouts.

Old July 2nd 06, 05:46 AM posted to alt.child-support

"DB" wrote in message
.com...

"Tracy" wrote in

Are you saying that a woman wouldn't be charged with a crime if the
father was raising the child and she wasn't helping, or what? I can see
your point to a point.

I'm asking why it is a crime for just one parent of either sex to raise a
child on their own?
Does raising one child take two salaries?

There is much more than raising a child than providing financial care.

In my opinion the answer to your first question is that it isn't a crime,
but it is a dysfunctional family when a child is raised by only one parent.
Children brought up in dysfunctional families have a much higher chance of
becoming adults suffering from many different emotional problems. These
children will then turn around and create more dysfunctional families
because they don't know any better. One of the largest causes of the whole
problem within the family court system is dysfunctional families and the
impact on society.

In answering your second question, of course it does not require two
salaries to raise a child. There is an advantage when one parent does not
work while the other parent does work within intact families. The advantage
is child care costs, emotional stress due to tight schedules, and the
children have someone at home when they arrive home.

Tracy

Dr. Breggin the Hero ... Jury Awards $635,000 in Shock Suit Ilena Rose Kids Health 0 March 21st 06 11:30 PM
Shock collar poll Jennie Solutions 0 November 7th 05 10:45 AM
Shock collar poll Jennie Spanking 0 November 7th 05 10:45 AM
The shock, joy of multiples Mike Twins & Triplets 6 August 7th 04 05:00 AM
The shock, joy of multiples Ellen Kmetz Twins & Triplets 1 August 7th 04 05:00 AM