Ritalin and Liver cancer

Old May 13th 05, 03:19 PM
Mark Probert

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message
news:s3wge.72386$NU4.1341@attbi_s22...

"Mark Probert" Mark wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message
news:ugpge.74265$WI3.24692@attbi_s71...

"Mark Probert" Mark
wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message
news:gBbge.70031$NU4.55318@attbi_s22...

"Mark Probert" Mark
wrote in message

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...
By definition? The medical community can't even agree on a

definition
of ADD. Some doctors say that it doesn't even exist. Get a clue.

The DSM IV clearly delineates the diagnostic criteria for AD/HD.

The
AAP
has
published diagnostic and treatment protocols.

However, there is no doubt that the diagnosis and treatment remain
in
the
forefront of discussion amongst professionals, and this is a good
thing,
not
bad as you seem to imply. Refining, learning, studying is good.

You can do your homework and learn more about AD/HD by visiting

the
appropriate websites.

Those websites you posted do not provide factual information. I

suggest
the
American Academy of Pediatrics and the National Institutes of Health.

____________________

(that's the line in which I restrained myself after taking a five

minute
break)

Your break should have been longer.

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and have others suspect that you are

fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Sound advice. When will you start taking it?

Dr. DuBose Ravenel,
a nationally-known developmental/behavioral *******pediatrician********

who
serves as one
of my consultants on medical matters.

Nationally known? One reference on Medline for a letter he wrote.

Medline isn't the only source of information.

When it comes to seeing if a person is "nationally known" it sure helps to
see if they are really nationally known. However, just to be fair, I looked
on GoogleScholar and found that he is a well known anti-spanking advocate,
which, IMNSHO, is a good thing. As for his "expertise" in the area of
treating ADHD, GoogleScholar failed to add anything. His sole contribution
seems to be one letter to the editor.

The bottom line: As concerns the diagnosis and treatment of ADD/ADHD
(attention
deficit disorder/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), let the

buyer
beware. No other contemporary "medical" issue is full of more myth,

hype,
and
dubious advertising as this.

In 1998, an overwhelming majority of experts attending the

********* National
Institutes of Health *********

Consensus Conference, after days of reviewing all of the available
evidence, agreed there is no compelling evidence to the effect that

ADD/ADHD
is caused by or significantly and reliably associated with physical or
biochemical
"irregularities" (e.g., deficiencies in the left temporal lobe,

biochemical
imbalances) in the brain. They furthermore agreed that no objective

test
or
set
of criteria exists with which to accurately diagnose ADD.

Yes, in *1998* there was no evidence that there were any structural or
chemical differences. However, if the "nationally known" doctor had done
some homework, and it is obvious that he has not, he would have found
copious documentation in the form of studies reported where there were
clear
structural differences found in the ADHD brain. He could do a simple
search
on Nora Volkow's work. She is now the head of the National Institute of
Drug
Abuse, and is an expert on the imaging of the brain with various types

of
scanners, etc. Dr. Volkow is cited on Medline 323 times.

A 2002 book,
"Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-State of the Science,"

written
by
a number of recognized authorities in the field, reported that the 1998
Consensus Conference findings remained unchanged.
The American Psychiatric Association recognizes ADD as a mental

disorder-the exact cause is unknown; there is no medical test for it;
therefore, the
diagnosis is based on observations of children's behavior

In 1998, a

******U.S. National Institutes of Health ********

Conference of the world's
leading ADHD experts, was forced to conclude that there is no data
confirming it as a brain dysfunction.

The

******National Institute of Health (NIH)*******

reported, "We do not have an independent
valid test for ADHD, and there are no data to indicate that ADHD is
due to brain malfunction. Further research to establish the validity
of the disorder continues to be a problem." The

****NIH******

also reported that
Ritalin and other stimulant drugs result in "little improvement in
academic or social skills," and they recommend research into
alternatives such as change in diet or biofeedback.

The medical community has expressed alarm over the widespread use of
psychotropic drugs for children. Dr. Fred Baughman Jr.,

*******pediatric
neurologist,********

said of psychiatrists, "They have proven several times
over that chronic Ritalin/amphetamine exposure they advocate for
millions of children causes brain atrophy (shrinkage)."

In the area of AD/HD research, citing a book, etc. written 1998 is the
equivalent of citing King Tut.

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and have others suspect that you are

fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Again, advice that you should be taking in large doses yourself.

The fact remains, a 1998 book is not authorative in this area, simply
because knowledge has greatly expanded in the past seven years, as I pointed
out.

Old May 13th 05, 03:23 PM
Mark Probert

"Mark Probert" Mark wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
nk.net...

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" Mark
wrote in message

(...)

In the area of AD/HD research, citing a book, etc. written 1998 is
the
equivalent of citing King Tut.

Mark is correct that the info in a book from about 8 years ago (a

book
is
typically about a year out of date when it is published) is old.

snip BS

In addition, there was a lot of information that indicated that ADHD
was

real problem involving the biochemistry of the brain, even back in
1997.

What Mark stated was:The DSM IV clearly delineates the diagnostic
criteria
for AD/HD. The

snip insane need to argrr from Mark

Here is what you snipped. You snipped it because you know I was right, and
you cannot handle that:

In a word, bull****. YOU posted the crap from this so-called "nationally
known" expert whose sole contribution to medical knowledge is a letter
written to one medical journal. I was addressing the crap that YOU quoted.

For YOU to say that I was the person who diverted is an outright lie.

AAP
has published diagnostic and treatment protocols.
However, there is no doubt that the diagnosis and treatment

remain
in
the
forefront of discussion amongst professionals, and this is a

good
thing, not
bad as you seem to imply. Refining, learning, studying is good.
You can do your homework and learn more about AD/HD by visiting
the
appropriate websites.

I did just that, and you can note it isn't any different that what I

posted.
Mark just want to argue, and so do all the *gang*.

http://www.adhdinfo.com/hcp/about/hc...osing_adhd.jsp

snip again

You snip what you cannot handle. restored:

No, I do not just want to argue, I want to post precise information. While
that website is better than most, it is not as clear and specific as taking
the DSM IV, and the two protocols published by the AAP.

Since you did not comment on the balance of the post, I snipped it for
brevity.

Old May 13th 05, 03:30 PM
Mark Probert

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
. net...

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
nk.net...

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" Mark wrote in message

(...)

In the area of AD/HD research, citing a book, etc. written 1998 is

the
equivalent of citing King Tut.

Mark is correct that the info in a book from about 8 years ago (a book
is
typically about a year out of date when it is published) is old.

Mark diverted from the subject.

Who brought up the subject of the book in the first place? You.

WRONG. It was contianed in the websites I posted.

Let's see....You claim I diverted because I commented on a book mentioned
and quoted from a website which you posted.

That is illogical to say the least.

Mark's comment were appropriate.

Mark'ss. comment were a diversion, just like you are doing right now.

It is not possible for my comments to be a diversion since I was commenting
on what you posted, as you readily acknowledged above. Thus, if there was
any diversion, it was generated by you.

In addition, there was a lot of information that indicated that ADHD

was
real problem involving the biochemistry of the brain, even back in

1997.

What Mark stated was:The DSM IV clearly delineates the diagnostic
criteria for AD/HD.

And you posted info that suggested that ADHD was not a biological
condition.

Your diversionary tactics did not work.

In fact YOU are now doing just that!

Well known how you LIARS stick together.

Marks words:

Those websites you posted do not provide factual information. I suggest

the
American Academy of Pediatrics and the National Institutes of Health.

Now Jeff, you can go back and read what I posted and count the times the
National Institutes of Health was mentioned. then you can do the right

thing
and admit you lied and then apologize or not.

So, you posted the words National Institutes of Health. Big deal. The other
information was from 1998, which is outdated due to advances in human
knowledge and understanding. What I posted brought the information up to
date, and was not posted in a negative judgemental manner as yours was.

Old May 13th 05, 03:32 PM
Mark Probert

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message
(...)

And you posted info that suggested that ADHD was not a biological
condition.

Your diversionary tactics did not work.

In fact YOU are now doing just that!

Well known how you LIARS stick together.

You are so funny. You create a diversion, and then blame others for
responding to it.

Jeff

That would make YOU a L I A R.

No, that did not make Jeff a liar. Let's recap....

You posted an excerpt from a book from 1998.

I commented on that and brought the information up to date.

YOU said I diverted.

Hmmm...where is this illogic coming from????

Old May 13th 05, 03:32 PM
Mark Probert

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

Liars, stick together.

Not as much as abusers.

Old May 13th 05, 03:33 PM
Ilena Rose

On Fri, 13 May 2005 10:19:46 -0400, "Mark Probert" Mark

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...stProbert.html
Old May 13th 05, 03:34 PM
Mark Probert

"Mark Probert" Mark wrote in message
news

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" Mark
wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" Mark
wrote in message

"LadyLollipop" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" Mark
wrote in message
The CSPI monograph on AD/HD refers to several of these studies.

The
model
used was double blind, cross-over challenge. For one thing,

sugar
having
role was soundly debunked.

While that is true, sugar certain does make kids hyper!!!!!

Not necessarily

YES ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget any crossover study, ask any teacher!!!!!!!!

I have. They agree with me. There are MANY factors that will affect
what

like to call situational hyperactivity. Example:

A child attends a day camp which has several activity periods.

First period: Playground
Second period: Free swimming
Third period: Free play
Fourth period: Arts & Crafts.

A&C teacher tells parents kid is hyperactive after kid has had three
periods
of unstructured activity.

Camp is a bit different than daycare.

For example a Halloween Party.

On a rainy day.

So, the kiddies were confined and could not burn off their excess energy
by
playing outside.

SUGAR MAKES KIDS HYPER!!!

Sugar may make kids hyper, but it does not cause the hyperactivity of AD/HD.

Old May 19th 05, 05:23 AM
Brad_Chad

How do you know that it isn't at least a small part of the problem?
Cane sugar is not used that much in processed foods today. High
Fructose Corn Syrup is the dominant sweetner. Many doctors may say that
you have an intolerance to corn instead of a corn allergy. Either way
corn may be making you sick, and you may not realize it because corn
syrup, corn starch, etc. are in so many foods.

Brad_Chad

Old May 19th 05, 02:20 PM
Mark Probert

"Brad_Chad" wrote in message
oups.com...

How do you know that it isn't at least a small part of the problem?

It has been tested for using double blind, crossover model testing. No study
using that model has shown causality. To the contrary, they have shown the
opposite: no causality.

Old May 19th 05, 02:37 PM
Beth Kevles

Hi, again --

I'm curious.... do the studies show no causality in *any* individuals,
or no causality in a statistical population?

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.