9 month ish roll call

Old March 10th 04, 01:15 PM
teapot

Default 9 month ish roll call

Moo boy is asleep in my lap after a good feed so excuse typos.

Nights are on and off, more off than on as he has just cut a top tooth
and has a cold. I tried to cut down on night feeds but as he is not
feeling well I am back to on demand, every 3 hrs last night which is
an improvement. 'This will not last forever' I keep saying.

I am starting to feel like I would like my boobs back a bit so I am
giving him solids and juice before the breast in the daytime. Does
anyone know if this is a good way to do it? He is eating really well
now, no meat, dairy or wheat but lots of other things - sticks of
celery to wield like light sabres are his favorite right now.

The mooster is 8.1 kilos, thats 17lbs and something to lug round in a
sling. i like the sling cos we can talk ans sing as we walk along,
its nice and sociable.

He is getting more mobile every second rolling, sitting and rolling
again to get where he wants but not yet crawling, and he pulls himself
up on anything he can reach.
Old March 10th 04, 04:52 PM
Lina

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Alena's not nine months for two more weeks or so (Thank goodness!) but she's
right up there with Moo boy! Rolls everywhere! She's starting to crawl,
backwards, but it's a start! She's climbing on EVERYTHING!!!!!
The bed, pillows, her high chair, the stairs when I forget to put the gate
up!
I know what you mean about wanting your breasts back. Alena's starting to
get territorial about them. When I did my breast exam, she GROWLED at me!!!!

She's still not fond of solids, but we're trying new things and that seems
to help.

Old March 10th 04, 05:31 PM
Plissken

I'll jump on this thread although Maddy is now 10 months old. We are doing
well. We had a cold a while back and Maddy stopped all solids for about 3
weeks. Prior to that she was only wanting pureed food and would gag at
anything else. Since she's regained her appetite she has been an eating
machine. She basically eats whatever we are eating for dinner so gone are
the days of gagging at regular food. She is eating everything but nuts,
honey and egg whites and whole milk. She LOVES grilled cheese sandwiches
which I treat her with once a week. I am now offering solids before the
breast but she still nurses lots especially at night.

We are now co-sleeping as the cold really disrupted her sleep and for some
reason she just will not sleep in her crib for more than 2 hours at a time.
I need my sleep so co-sleeping is the only answer and we quite enjoy having
her there.

She is crawling all over the place, and pulling herself up on all the
furniture. She is such a happy baby, laughing at just about everything. DH
says she takes after me, easily amused. She is a petite ittle thing last
weigh in was a week ago and she was 16 lbs 10 oz and she is around 29.5
inches tall (10th percentile for weight 75th for height). She is fascinated
by our cat and would follow him around all day if I let her. She is really
good with him and has learned to be gently with him. He tolerates her.

We are so busy these days. We go to mom and babe aquasize, do a mom and
babe walk, have "you and your older baby" class and are starting storytime
at the library this week. Our days are full. Back to work for me in 2 months
:*(

Here are some pics of us. They were taken by a very talented friend. It is
my friends webshot page and I hope she doesn't mind me posting it. It's
public so I'm assuming not. Hope you don't mind Alicia (she posts here).

http://community.webshots.com/album/124378717AsnCuW

Nadene

Old March 10th 04, 07:21 PM
Andrea

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Kami has 8 teeth, and is sitting and rolling. He weighs 23 pounds! So no
sling for us!
He is now on formula by day and boob by night.

Andrea.

Old March 10th 04, 08:27 PM
Em

"Plissken" wrote in message

Here are some pics of us. They were taken by a very talented friend. It is
my friends webshot page and I hope she doesn't mind me posting it. It's
public so I'm assuming not. Hope you don't mind Alicia (she posts here).

http://community.webshots.com/album/124378717AsnCuW

Maddy is such a cute little pumpkin, Nadene! Good luck with going back to
work--I bet it feels tough.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 6 months old!

Old March 10th 04, 08:28 PM
Em

"Andrea" wrote in message
"teapot" wrote in message
The mooster is 8.1 kilos, thats 17lbs and something to lug round in a
sling. i like the sling cos we can talk ans sing as we walk along,
its nice and sociable.

He is getting more mobile every second rolling, sitting and rolling
again to get where he wants but not yet crawling, and he pulls himself
up on anything he can reach.

Kami has 8 teeth, and is sitting and rolling. He weighs 23 pounds! So no
sling for us!
He is now on formula by day and boob by night.

Is there a weight limit on slings? My DS is bordering on 20 pounds at 6
months and I still carry him in the sling. Is it bad for one or the other of
us to be doing so? He is also about 28 or 29 inches tall.

Old March 10th 04, 11:21 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
Moo boy is asleep in my lap after a good feed so excuse typos.

Hey, that's where DS is! I just wish he would fall asleep on my left side
(I'm right-handed)

Nights are on and off, more off than on as he has just cut a top tooth
and has a cold. I tried to cut down on night feeds but as he is not
feeling well I am back to on demand, every 3 hrs last night which is
an improvement. 'This will not last forever' I keep saying.

We've been co-sleeping but not quite the family bed I had envisioned. DS
sleeps with DH in the guest room. We found that if DS sleeps with me, he
wakes every 2 hours, but with DH DS sleeps FOUR hours. How unfair is that?
And bcause we moved DS out of DD's room, she complained that she has no one
to sleep with. So, she's sleeping with me. (WHEN does this get straightened
out?)

I am starting to feel like I would like my boobs back a bit so I am
giving him solids and juice before the breast in the daytime. Does
anyone know if this is a good way to do it? He is eating really well
now, no meat, dairy or wheat but lots of other things - sticks of
celery to wield like light sabres are his favorite right now.

I'm totallt inconsistent. On most days (I think) I feed DS solids before
the breast, but then I think I should do the opposite, so I do. I really
haven't seen a difference.

The mooster is 8.1 kilos, thats 17lbs and something to lug round in a
sling. i like the sling cos we can talk ans sing as we walk along,
its nice and sociable.

DS is 21 lb 4 oz. - 50th percentile for weight and 28.5" for length, again
50th percentile.

He is getting more mobile every second rolling, sitting and rolling
again to get where he wants but not yet crawling, and he pulls himself
up on anything he can reach.

At his checkup, the nurse-practitioner asked if he was crawling. No.
Rolling? No, he doesn't rolle from his front to his back. I was a bit
concerned, but then the NP asked if he was on the floor a lot to "practice"
these moves. Uhmmm. .. No.

So, after the checkup, I started putting DS on the floor a lot more and sure
enough, he rolls every which way. Oops.

Jeanne

Old March 11th 04, 12:06 AM
Jan Andrea

"Em" wrote in message
Is there a weight limit on slings? My DS is bordering on 20 pounds at 6
months and I still carry him in the sling. Is it bad for one or the other

of
us to be doing so? He is also about 28 or 29 inches tall.

The only weight limit on most slings is what you can carry. A lot of
manufacturers put a 35-lb limit, but it's usually out of CYA (cover your
a$$) than any real likelihood of an accident. My husband and I have played
tug-of-war with the slings I make, just to test them, and they would hold
our combined weights.

Regards,
Jan
--
Mum to Stephen, 22 May 2000
and Sophia, 2 October 2003

Old March 11th 04, 12:13 AM
Cadie

"Andrea" wrote in message
"teapot" wrote in message
[...]

Most slings (except for the NoJo and OTSHB, which do have weight
limits) are weight tested anywhere from 45-100 pounds. So basically,
as long as you're comfortable carrying him, you can continue to wear
him in a sling.

Cadie

Old March 11th 04, 01:59 AM
Em

"Jan Andrea" wrote in message
"Em" wrote in message
Is there a weight limit on slings? My DS is bordering on 20 pounds at 6
months and I still carry him in the sling. Is it bad for one or the

other
of
us to be doing so? He is also about 28 or 29 inches tall.

The only weight limit on most slings is what you can carry. A lot of
manufacturers put a 35-lb limit, but it's usually out of CYA (cover your
a$$) than any real likelihood of an accident. My husband and I have

played
tug-of-war with the slings I make, just to test them, and they would hold
our combined weights.

Thanks for the reply, Jan. I didn't recall ever reading a weight limit wrt
my sling (a Maya Wrap) and I know I've seen people on websites demo'ing
wearing quite large children in slings.