Roll Call

Old December 26th 03, 03:11 PM
Gretchen

Default OT for Jack H.

Hi Jack, I tried to post to you individually but it came back. Congrats on
your recent aliyah; I was an olah hadasha 8 years ago; we've been back in
the States for almost 2 years now. My twins were born in Israel (Beilinson)
and baby was born in the States. If you need a friendly ear of someone who
has been there/done that the culture shock, feel free to email us.
Happy Hanukkah! Gretchen
"

Havent been around in a while, But not really a newbie.

Life in Israel is different I can say that much!
Been here 6 months now.
Culture shock was and is still a daily thing.
Work hours are long and pay is low.
The kids Abiail and Jonathan are the light of my life.
Born September 10 2002 10:25 and 1030 am EST (GMT+5).
They started walking at 11 and 10 months respectively and are enjoying

their
time in daycare with great nannys (for lack of a better word, I find my
english skills deteriorating, every day I am forgetting words in my native
tongue!).
The first month or 2 of day care I wasnt working, woke up with the kids

and
liesurely got the kids to the DC center in time for breakfast, 8:30, hung
around for an extra half hour talking to the help and getting to know all
the kids every day and all the nannies thought I should work there, I

guess
because of the way I played with all the kids and made them laugh. There

are
11 kids in their age group with 2-3 nannys to care for them! At the
Chanukah party all the kids who could walk left their parents arms and

came
over to say hello to me to the amazement of their parents, at least half

of
which I have never seen. the othere got all excited when I came over to

say
hi!
man I love kids!
I havent seen mine awake in 2 days and that was my biggest fear in coming
here and having to work the hours for the pay again but 1 sallary just

will
not cut it here.
Tomorrow is another story.
from 12 pm tomorrow to bed time saturday is the time I live for.
Abigail and Jonathan are a handful but the times when they push each other
and laugh or chase each other around the sofa and fall into a bundle
together, both trying to get up and pull the other one down again all the
while laughing in the pure, crisp, crystal bell tone of innocent dlighted
laughter makes it all worth it.
They are enjoying the things here that we did not have in NY and that

makes
it all worth while.

Sorry for not posting more freequently but I am still here.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Jack

Old December 26th 03, 03:55 PM
RayDiRhymr

Default Roll Call

Hi,

I'm Diana (35) with DH Ray (36). We have soon to be 5 (in January) year old
triplets, Jared, Vanessa, & Grace. They were 36 weekers, pregnancy after 2.5
years IF, we had success with Gonal F and back to back IUIs. Oh, and they
were c-section - 10:05 am, 10:06 am, and 10:08 am birth times.

We have 2 dogs as well - I call them twins - although their litter was 11 (what
would that be called, anyway?) - named Marbles and Belle who are 7 &1/2. (we
used to be quite the sight around the neighborhood with the triple stroller and
two dogs to boot)

I've been posting here on and off since they were born back in '99. Great
group.

Diana

Old December 26th 03, 06:07 PM
Ellen Kmetz

Hi everyone, and Happy Holidays!

I am Ellen (35) and DH is Steve (39). We live in Cleveland, OH. We conceived
Erin (6/26/95) on our first try, then it was four years of unexplained
secondary IF. Our first IVF attempt resulted in our boys Bradley and Alex
(10/5/00). We are blessed, and we are DONE

It's been great seeing the roll call.

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old December 26th 03, 07:27 PM
Chris Ridge

Hi, I'm Chris (35). My DH is Bob (36). We have three boys, Matthew (5 1/2)
and ID twins Michael and Andrew (2 1/2). Andrew and Michael were born at 36
weeks. Michael was born at 6:57 pm head first and Andrew, who was in a
transverse position, was pulled out by his feet at 7:00 pm. We live in
Indianapolis, IN.

P.S. to Missy in Indiana-where do you live? Some of your photos look like
they were done at Celebrity Kids!

Chris
Matthew (4/17/98)
Andrew and Michael (4/26/01)

Old December 26th 03, 10:18 PM
KimAK

Hi, I'm Kim (34) and dh is Dave (35). Our ID girls (Chelsea and Courtney)
are turning 13 years old tomorrow, which is making me feel ancient. I
mostly lurk here and rarely post, as my girls are older than most of the
little ones here. I am here everyday however, mostly feeling very
empathetic and nostalgic. This group is amongst the more warm and genuine
of those I read, and its nice to read the stories of your families.
Thanks,
Kim
Chelsea and Courtney 12/27/90

Old December 26th 03, 10:56 PM
shirley

Kim,

Congrats to your girls or young ladies as they are now. 13, boy, I'm
struggling with 9 now, hair under the arms, developing AA breasts and other
things. Hormones are something to deal with that I'm not sure about yet.

My DH is 57 and I'm 51. We conceived the twins (nine in less than 30 days),
when I was 42. We live with my MIL taking care of her at 88.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday!

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"KimAK" wrote in message
t...
Hi, I'm Kim (34) and dh is Dave (35). Our ID girls (Chelsea and Courtney)
are turning 13 years old tomorrow, which is making me feel ancient. I
mostly lurk here and rarely post, as my girls are older than most of the
little ones here. I am here everyday however, mostly feeling very
empathetic and nostalgic. This group is amongst the more warm and genuine
of those I read, and its nice to read the stories of your families.
Thanks,
Kim
Chelsea and Courtney 12/27/90

May Birthday Roll Call DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 7 April 30th 04 09:56 AM
6 month roll call Kathy Breastfeeding 10 March 16th 04 04:36 PM
9 month ish roll call teapot Breastfeeding 25 March 15th 04 03:36 AM
December birthday roll call Sophie Pregnancy 9 December 3rd 03 07:54 PM
5 month roll call teapot Breastfeeding 13 November 12th 03 07:59 AM