GUESS WHAAAAAT! *grin*

Old September 17th 04, 12:06 AM
Mary S.

Congratulations, Stephanie! You sound so happy and thrilled!

Mary S.

Old September 17th 04, 12:57 AM
Sophie

"Leslie" wrote in message
Sophie said:

I don't really feel done. There, I admitted it!!! But I know 4 is a
sensible, do-able place to stop. I think more would put me over the

edge,
but I'd still love more - lol.

Darn it, Sophie--now I'm disappointed! You were one of the people I was
thinking of who knows they are done. I was hoping there was some hope I

might
come to feel that way at some point!

Never! Lol. Babies are so adorable, how can anyone truely *feel*, not
*know* but *feel*, done??

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old September 17th 04, 12:59 AM
Sophie

"Leslie" wrote in message
Sara said:

I don't think ten is very likely for us though. DH and I are young

enough,
though, that three or four or five isn't unlikely.

I used to want ten, but there isn't time for that at this point. I expect

we
will end up with six, though.

Leslie

My friend who I've mentioned before with 6 still wants 10. However they've
been trying for almost 2 yrs (I think 20-21 months) with no luck yet for #7.
They have since moved into a huge house in the middle of nowhere and have
been approved to foster. She has a child with a cleft lip and palate and I
know she'd like to take kids with the same thing.

Old September 17th 04, 01:00 AM
Sophie

"Leslie" wrote in message
Ericka said:

Some
people would be better off taking the chance and going forward,
while others are probably better remaining conservative. I
think it just depends on the personalities. For me, it's hard
to imagine not really enjoying another child regardless of the
issues that come along with him or her, but I am blessed with
resources and a personality that usually accommodates that
sort of thing relatively well. Remember that when they survey
parents, a staggeringly high number admit in anonymous situations
that while they would *never* want to give up a child, if they
knew then what they know now, they would have had fewer (or no)
kids. This suggests to me that there are quite a few people
for whom it would be better *not* to go forward if they were
on the fence.

Wow, I had never heard that statistic before! (Although I feel that way

on
certain days g).

Wow, I haven't before either. I have drop-off daycare so I don't feel that
way - lol

Old September 17th 04, 01:01 AM
Sophie

"Leslie" wrote in message
Sara said:

Woohoo Leslie! I hope that means a #6 will be coming along in a few
years -- maybe when I have #3!

Well, my husband is the anal type and insists we must have an even number

of
children! g He was happy to stop at four, but not at five! I will see

how
things go, but would probably wait no longer than three years to have

another.

That's why *I* can't have a 5th - lol.

Old September 17th 04, 01:15 AM
Joybelle

"Elfanie" wrote in message

our family will be welcoming a new baby sometime at the end of May.
=) We are blissfully estatically thrilled....to say the least. The
kids are SO excited, it's really kind of funny.

How exciting!!! Congratulations.
--
Joy (desperately wanting to add a #4)

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Old September 17th 04, 01:18 AM
Leslie

Sophie said:

Never! Lol. Babies are so adorable, how can anyone truely *feel*, not
*know* but *feel*, done??

I don't know. I can't imagine, really. In fact, if there was a way to trade
babies in every couple of years for a fresh newborn, I'd probably keep on
forever. g Now those big kids . . .

Old September 17th 04, 01:19 AM
Leslie

Sophie said:

My friend who I've mentioned before with 6 still wants 10. However they've
been trying for almost 2 yrs (I think 20-21 months) with no luck yet for #7.
They have since moved into a huge house in the middle of nowhere and have
been approved to foster. She has a child with a cleft lip and palate and I
know she'd like to take kids with the same thing.

It is so wonderful that there are people out there who have so much love for
all kids, not just their own.

Old September 17th 04, 02:06 AM
Nikki

Sophie wrote:
"Leslie"

Ericka said:
Remember that when they survey
parents, a staggeringly high number admit in anonymous situations
that while they would *never* want to give up a child, if they
knew then what they know now, they would have had fewer (or no)
kids. This suggests to me that there are quite a few people
for whom it would be better *not* to go forward if they were
on the fence.

Wow, I had never heard that statistic before! (Although I feel that
way on certain days g).

Wow, I haven't before either. I have drop-off daycare so I don't
feel that way - lol

I've known a few people that feel that way. I hope to never be in that
spot.

--
Nikki

Old September 17th 04, 03:39 AM
Mary S.

Kelly wrote:
I thought I was done after Chloe was born, but a part of me always wanted to
experience pregnancy and a newborn again. Even now, pregnant with what I
*know* is my last, I don't *feel* done. There is something so temporary
about pregnancy and the newborn phase that makes me want to occasionally
revisit it. Crazy? Maybe to some, but not for me.

Oh, I completely agree! I think you're right that it's the sweetness
and the swiftness of infancy that makes us want to keep it forever. I
could live in the newborn babymoon period and be happy as a clam.
(Unlike my DH, who's more of a "hold the lump" infant dad but really
goes wild for them as they hit mobility and communication in the toddler
years.)

I now know what Andrea meant when she said she needs her baby fix every
1-2 years. G

Mary S.