"Child Support" money?

Old November 13th 03, 03:54 AM
The Dave©

Default "Child Support" money?

Moon Shyne wrote:
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some
other place where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream
from the ice cream truck because they don't issue receipts?

Apparently not. If you are so selfish with your own money that you
can't spring for an ice cream, this will be a problem, won't it?
Old November 13th 03, 04:01 AM
Gini52

In article , Tiffany says...

Gini52 wrote in message
In article , Moon Shyne

says...

"Dave" dave@freedoms-door wrote in message

"Jon" wrote in message
So if you receive support you can never buy a lottery ticket or take

drink?

Child support should not be used for anything other than for supporting

the
child.

So I use the child support to support the children, and buy my lottery

ticket
with my own money.

Now........... how can you tell which dollar was which? They all look

the same.
=====
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.
=====
=====

But then comes into play that you can show a receipt for a food bill but
can't say for sure who eats the food. You can buy clothes, show a receipt
but not now for sure who the clothes were bought for. I know for
infants/toddlers it may state on the receipt that the clothes were of that
general size but what about when your kid gets older? My daughter wears
about the same size clothes as me. There is a way around everything.... just
as business people know how to get around the IRS and claim stuff that
shouldn't be claimed.

======
Soooooo....what you're saying is that because some people cheat on their taxes,
CPs should not be subject to accounting for CS? :-)

Look, this is not difficult. I'm not proposing that necessities be accounted
for. Food, clothing, shelter would be allotted at a fixed rate for the
jurisdiction (as is done for foster kids). The extras should be accounted for
(lifestyle). If the CP is going to claim the child is taking riding and dance
lessons, the receipts for those payments should be in the box. If the child
gives up dance and takes up drums, the receipts should be in the box. If the
child's clothing desires are in excess of the base allotment, the receipts go in
the box. There must be a standard of what expenses are anticipated for the
child. It happens in virtually every other area of financial management.
===
===

Old November 13th 03, 04:18 AM
Fighting For Kids

That would be an extreme amount of Americans!!!!!

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:19:21 -0500, "Cameron Stevens"
wrote:

"Gini52" wrote in message
In article , Cameron Stevens
says...
Supporting the mother *is* supporting the child. I know what you mean but
there's no sane or reasonable way to enforce this.

=====
Of course there is. Our government requires us to maintain receipts for

all tax
deductions for, what--7 years? We call it insane and unreasonable but the
government has no problem requiring us to do it. There is no reason a CP

should
not be subject to audit if there is reason to believe CS is being misused.

All
she needs to do is keep a shoebox for receipts should there be a question.

This
would not apply however, if the amount ordered is in line with the actual
reasonable costs of a child. In that case, there is little room for
"discretionary spending."
==

I agree with the principle and I know this will be a challenge for those
people who are especially challenged to budget or manage their money.

Cameron

Old November 13th 03, 04:28 AM
Fighting For Kids

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:45:28 -0500, "Tiffany"
wrote:

=====
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some other

place
where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream from the ice cream

truck
because they don't issue receipts?

=====
=====

You think those things are necessities that your x should be paying for?

It could be.. if the street fair is selling school supplies cheaper
than walmart and you buy them there isnt that still spending money on
the child's basic needs?

I can think of all kinds of necessity items one could by at a street
fair vs a store. All brand new items often less expensive than at
the stores themselves.

Old November 13th 03, 04:30 AM
Fighting For Kids

On 12 Nov 2003 18:45:30 -0800, Gini52 wrote:

====
Yep. It comes from your percent share. (My proposal is, however, that only the
amount over reasonable actual expenses should be subject to accounting.)
====
====

But what is a reasonable amount? Not one person here has agreed to any
amount proposed.
Old November 13th 03, 04:33 AM
Tiffany

Gini52 wrote in message
In article , Tiffany says...

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

I agree there needs to be accountability like you. But that is something
that will end up in the hands of the government (like the whole cs thing)
and surely would be just as corrupt. Shame, isn't it? I also don't think
that CS should be awarded over what is necessary so that would eliminate
accounting for the extra's.

Old November 13th 03, 04:35 AM
Tiffany

The Dave© wrote in message
Moon Shyne wrote:
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some
other place where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream
from the ice cream truck because they don't issue receipts?

Apparently not. If you are so selfish with your own money that you
can't spring for an ice cream, this will be a problem, won't it?

Well, I don't think it should be a nickel-dime thing. CP's should be
accountable for the large sums of money that doesn't seem to go to the kids,
not a mere $2.50 for an ice cream.

Old November 13th 03, 04:37 AM
Gini52

In article , Fighting For Kids
says...

wrote:

=====
The dollar spent on the child will come with a receipt.

So I can't buy anything for my children at a street fair, or some other

place
where they don't issue receipts? Can't buy ice cream from the ice cream

truck
because they don't issue receipts?

=====
=====

You think those things are necessities that your x should be paying for?

It could be.. if the street fair is selling school supplies cheaper
than walmart and you buy them there isnt that still spending money on
the child's basic needs?

I can think of all kinds of necessity items one could by at a street
fair vs a store. All brand new items often less expensive than at
the stores themselves.

=====
Logic dictates that incidental spending be attributable to the CP's percent
share. The NCP is not responsible for the entire financial output for the
child(ren). Y'all didn't forget about that part, did you?
=====
=====

Old November 13th 03, 04:40 AM
Tiffany

Gini52 wrote in message
In article , Tiffany says...

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

Actually, I just wanted to add, I do think a CP should be able to prove in
one way or another where any money goes. If my ex WAS sending his money, I
could definitely show that it went to pay for part of my daughter's braces,
that part of it went to pay for her clothes she needs or the other 'stuff'
she always seems to need. Its not a complicated task. He definitely couldn't
say the money wasn't going to her. But there in lies the problem that is
stated over and over again in here...... most NCP's are paying outrageous
amounts, while me and him set a fair amount we both agreed on. In the end it
didn't matter but that is for another time. lol

Old November 13th 03, 04:58 AM
Gini52

In article , Fighting For Kids
says...

On 12 Nov 2003 18:45:30 -0800, Gini52 wrote:

====
Yep. It comes from your percent share. (My proposal is, however, that only the
amount over reasonable actual expenses should be subject to accounting.)
====
====

But what is a reasonable amount? Not one person here has agreed to any
amount proposed.

====
I have repeatedly suggested that a reasonable amount is commensurate with the
amount states pay for foster children. This includes regional COL variances.
====
====