pneumonia

Old July 21st 09, 12:33 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

Default pneumonia

Just wondered if any of the medical people on here could throw any light on
this.
My 8yo has just been diagnosed with pneumonia. (Not swine flue related)
after complaining of a sore shoulder. The infection is in the top left lob,
which according to the doctor is unusual.
What I'm wondering is what exactly he means by unusual. Is it unusual for a
child, unusual without other areas being infected, or just unusual to get
that area infected at all? I'm going back tomorrow with her so I'll ask him
then, but I've been worrying a bit over it.
Debbie

Old July 22nd 09, 07:28 AM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"Welches" wrote in message
Just wondered if any of the medical people on here could throw any light
on this.
My 8yo has just been diagnosed with pneumonia. (Not swine flue related)
after complaining of a sore shoulder. The infection is in the top left
lob, which according to the doctor is unusual.
What I'm wondering is what exactly he means by unusual. Is it unusual for
a child, unusual without other areas being infected, or just unusual to
get that area infected at all? I'm going back tomorrow with her so I'll
ask him then, but I've been worrying a bit over it.
Debbie

As I was before and am, I am not one of the medical people, but I thought
I'd say hi and hopefully things get better! I've never had to deal with any
real serious (or even somewhat serious) illnesses with any of my kids. My
kids are very clumsy - I've dealt with a major surgery with DS on his head,
big dental surgery with DD1 after she busted her teeth out when she fell,
black eyes with DD2 (one she JUST got falling on the table at my parents'
house on Sunday!) and much more.
Hopefully all turns out well. I know nothing about pneumonia, though, but
hopefully she bounces back to being her regular 8 year old self soon!

Old July 25th 09, 01:58 PM posted to misc.kids
Penny Gaines[_2_]

Welches wrote:
Just wondered if any of the medical people on here could throw any light on
this.
My 8yo has just been diagnosed with pneumonia. (Not swine flue related)
after complaining of a sore shoulder. The infection is in the top left lob,
which according to the doctor is unusual.
What I'm wondering is what exactly he means by unusual. Is it unusual for a
child, unusual without other areas being infected, or just unusual to get
that area infected at all? I'm going back tomorrow with her so I'll ask him
then, but I've been worrying a bit over it.

I haven't got any information for you, but I hope he is feeling better.

Let us know if you find out what was unusual.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three